N-Europe

French

Atomic Boo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 2 (A in GCSE) in French last year. Should've been a 1 (A*) but my teacher hated me and gave me shit marks for the writing and speaking (marked internally), I got a 3 and 4 in them. I got a 1 and 1 for the reading and listening. Works out to be a 2 overall somehow. I think you times the speaking and reading mark by 2 and then add them together and divide by 7 - something stupid like that anyway!

yeah it was strange the cleverest half of the year had to do it, and the rest did some sorta key skill in it. We were also forced to do RE which sucked. :(

In my school RE is gone. Now its called P&E (philosophy and ethics) for some reason. Oh, and yes, its compulsary. I'm not that lucky :heh:.

In my school RE is gone. Now its called P&E (philosophy and ethics) for some reason. Oh, and yes, its compulsary. I'm not that lucky :heh:.

wow lucky you :heh: the only thing i ever studied in RE was catholic and protestant religions. it was pretty damn closed minded but thats they way this country is. but made my exam damn easy all the same :D

Guest Offerman

Ahh French was a joyous lesson for Offers. I must admit in year 11, I did have a rather good French teacher. She had high hopes for me, and thought I would do well. However having hated French for five years, now was not the time to make amends.

After getting plenty of A's on results day, my F in French seemed nothing short of pitiful.

I hated French up until the very end of my GCSE year when it all suddenly became clear and I managed to get an A* having struggled with the most basic verbs up until that point. Moral of the story - there is hope for everyone!

Now I can speak very little French, and can just about read some basic stuff like signs. That was fun.

________

Mazda Roadpacer Specifications

Edited by Johelian

i hated french till i dropped it at GCSE, managed to get a B, but was predicted D/E. All the questions i got i copied the example answers out of the dictionary, and the listenign/reading tests i just looked at the pictures. I pity the poor kids that have no dictionary now. It was my worst subject by far.