NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

Nintendo feels generous, Jack Thompson sheds a tear

I'm a child. I want to play. Wheres my free DS lite?

(actually...my DS lite was free)

in case anyone doesn't know Childs Play is a charity set up by the guys at Penny Arcade to get toys into hospitals for sick kids to play with

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

I think there is at least one UK hospital that gets stuff from them

Don't do it then.

He can't help it. It's all those videogames. Rot the mind, you see. Murder simulators, that's what they are.

I suppose Wiis wouldn't have been as apt for the bed-ridden. That and there would probably be rioting seeing as people still can't get their hands on them.

I think PA actually bought all those DS'es and games with the money they have raised for Child's Play.

Either way, whoever did it, PA or Ninty, absolute Kudos.

Okay guys, we need to set up a fake hospital to reap the rewards!

Excellent stuff. It's odd that gamers give away millions of pounds worth of stuff to Child's Play every year to help ill children, but the only gaming related articles to make the news are ones about murders and whatnot.

Well done everyone who's donated to CP.

I think PA actually bought all those DS'es and games with the money they have raised for Child's Play.

Either way, whoever did it, PA or Ninty, absolute Kudos.

We got a huge delivery last week from Nintendo for Child’s Play. Kiko snapped some pictures once we had everything unboxed.

Nintendo donates every year, but this year they went overboard.

Didn't know nintendo donated something. Nice to know.

Now i have an excuse to spend my mom's money on videogames.

Nintendo donates every year, but this year they went overboard.

Doesn't say they were donated there though does it? ::shrug:

A delivery doesn't necessarily mean a donation.

I would rather Nintendo donated the money that they would've gained from selling those games/systems to a cause which could cure the disease rather than help the children who have it. I know its sad that they do have it, but I want them to cure it rather than help people who have it but have no chance.

I would rather Nintendo donated the money that they would've gained from selling those games/systems to a cause which could cure the disease rather than help the children who have it. I know its sad that they do have it, but I want them to cure it rather than help people who have it but have no chance.

I think that Nintendo (if they did sell them) would of sold them at the break-even point, or lower.

Well, it's some good publicity for Nintendo, it gets their product around, and also, it's gonna make a few sick kids happy for a while. I'm gonna think of it like that, rather than them not putting their money to the better use of curing stuff, because it makes me feel much happier, somehow.

Very nice. Seriously generous..

What the hell's Jack Thompson got to do with it? Or is that just to take thew piss?

The money that could've been made with these games and DS systems would not have been enough to find a cure for whatever kind of disease.

Besides, why not help sick kids who have to stay in the hospital for a while to have a better time there? I know if I had to be in the hospital for days or weeks, I would want to have something to do there too, and there's only so much you can watch on tv or read in books.

It's not like this is for a lost cause; most of these kids are not dying, they're just waiting to get well and go home again. And the guys from PA are just trying to make that wait a bit nicer.

Very nice. Seriously generous..

What the hell's Jack Thompson got to do with it? Or is that just to take thew piss?

Because the guy doesn't have a good word to say about videogames, but we're betting that even this would melt his heart. (aww)

Pretty cool, obviously this is to give Nintendo a caring image as well and make them look good, but still cool none the less. Hope they enjoy what they're getting.

It's not like this is for a lost cause; most of these kids are not dying, they're just waiting to get well and go home again. And the guys from PA are just trying to make that wait a bit nicer.

Yea, and the emotional state of people seems to help people get better faster.

Because the guy doesn't have a good word to say about videogames, but we're betting that even this would melt his heart. (aww)

Pretty cool, obviously this is to give Nintendo a caring image as well and make them look good, but still cool none the less. Hope they enjoy what they're getting.

I doubt it, that guy has a heart of evangelical bull shit topped with ALL GAMERS ARE EVIL.

Sign in to follow this