• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

A very well-written and accurate assessment of Lady GaGa. Probably the best I've read and seen, and sums up my thoughts on her too.

EDIT: Also, Joanna Newsom's new album, "Have One On Me" , is out on Feb 23.

Hold me down. My feet, they can't stop

DANCING.

JeanGrey.jpg

I have an X-Men trading card with that picture on. True story.

I think I'm in love with Shirley Manson

God I love this video/song. Normally Animal Collective's vocals are on the verge of being irritating but these..... still are really. They just work so well I don't really care.

It stuns, as a certain prolific n europe member might say :heh:

God I love this video/song. Normally Animal Collective's vocals are on the verge of being irritating but these..... still are really. They just work so well I don't really care.

It stuns, as a certain prolific n europe member might say :heh:

One of my favourite songs, ever!

I'd never seen the video before though. :o

Oh, that's decent, tbh. Their first and second are just the best, album-track wise.

BeautifulGarbage (the "poppy" one) has some alright songs, but the production is really dated. Bleed Like Me (their last album) is fun/rocky though.

FFFFFUUUUCK! The first time I've listened to Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park in f'in years and it feels like I'm in 2001.

Even reminds me of Shenmue and Phantasy Star Online. Being reminded of two classic Dreamcast games is always win. :grin:

Pity this band are tripe, really. But this is a great Nu-Metal album.

Nostalgia rules over all taste and opinions, but you don't care that it does.

Classic song, and beautiful imagery. Peter Gabriel gets points.

Why was I not born in the '80s?!

Peter Gabriel is great. I feel I should get an album of his, I only have Greatest Hits or some other compilation. I love Biko.

---

In other news, I question when my love for Delta Goodrem will cease. I love her and her music.

Edited by Paj!

30 second preview of Diana Vickers first single, written by Vickers and Cathy Dennis. Not what I expected at all (Though I love), but I cannot wait for the album. She's worked with people like Patrick Wolf and Ellie Goulding, so I can't see it being an utter disaster.

Not...horrible, which is what I was expecting (I liked her on X Factor, but I had a feeling they'd make her do like..jazz standards or something), and her collaborators sound interesting. Are they confirmed? Seem a bit random.

Heard that a while ago. It's alright, the singer's voice is on the cusp of really off-putting in most cases, for me. I never listen to their last album anymore, and only really like a few from The Warning (My favourite being And I Was A Boy From School by far).

Brilliance.

YES! So excited for their new album. Though I did listen to a track from it today I wasn't so keen on, One Life Stand and Take It In are brilliant.

Discovering Kraftwerk at the moment (coincedntally, through someone who knew I liked Hot Chip and recommended them). I think I'm going to have to buy a few records.