• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

So Noel has quit Oasis. Been coming for a while really. I back Noel all the way. I think Oasis have had their day now, even though im still a huge fan and went to see them on this tour they are not same and haven't been for a while. Liam just pisses me off now.

Hopefully in a couple of years (or hopefully sooner) Noel will release some solo stuff :)

Live Forever.

Edited by Platty

So Noel has quite Oasis. Been coming for a while really. I back Noel all the way. I think Oasis have had their day now, even though im still a huge fan and went to see them on this tour they are not same and haven't been for a while. Liam just pisses me off now.

Hopefully in a couple of years (or hopefully sooner) Noel will release some solo stuff :)

Live Forever.

Oasis need Noel, he doesn't need them. He has always been the band and I now hope he goes on to release his own stuff, free of his dickhead of a brother.

Had to help out with taking some stuff to the tip today, car journey was ok but the music on the radio was mostly uninspired, thankfully on the way back I put on some Kate Bush for myself, brother, dad to listen to, my brother seemed to like it and even my dad who usually listens to stuff from the 60's - Kate Bush is too 'modern' for him apparently :indeed: - said 'it's not bad...' damn right it's not bad, a lot of even her most widely known songs are still exceptionally enjoyable Imo. :heart:

Then my brother needed to get a CD as a present for a friends birthday party tomorrow, now afaik this friend of his mostly listens to generic compilation CD's which are mostly comprised of rubbish tbf so I suggested try going for a middle-ground and so ended up getting La Roux which is a decent album on the whole and still reasonably accessible *shrugs* it was either that or Florence and the Machine and La Roux is definitely a bit more party-safe lyrics-wise :p bearing in mind most of the people there, though in their early twenties actually have a much lower mental age due to most of them having severe autism... I know that isn't always the case but it is here and this I think the CD was a reasonably good choice. ::shrug:

-----------------------------------

Just won another CD on eBay, The Beekeeper by Tori Amos £3.20 so not too bad really and I think that's gonna be 'it' as far as CD's go for a while as I've got plenty to listen to atm. :)

Just won another CD on eBay, The Beekeeper by Tori Amos £3.20 so not too bad really and I think that's gonna be 'it' as far as CD's go for a while as I've got plenty to listen to atm. :)

Just bear in mind she went insane adter Scarlet's Walk. As in, just really...trite and not at all as good. It's all produced and nice and pleasant now. But yeah. Beekeeper has some nice songs on it.

But beware.

So Noel has quit Oasis. Been coming for a while really. I back Noel all the way. I think Oasis have had their day now, even though im still a huge fan and went to see them on this tour they are not same and haven't been for a while. Liam just pisses me off now.

Live Forever.

I was on my way home from Belgium when Ine texted me the news. It was one of those movie moments where the person looks up towards the sky, with an outstretched hand and screams KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN! Noooooo.

The worst part is that a mate got me Oasis tickets for my birthday in January, and then proceeded to bail out on me, meaning I didn't end up going. He's seen them about a dozen or so times, including about 2 or 3 times this year. Bitterness is me. :(

Pretty gutted at the news, but I hope that maybe the hangover wears off and that the band reform, and do a gig in Cardiff or something. Oasis splitting? We've heard that before! But, it seems like the end this time. :(

I'm outta tiiiiiiime.

After seeing Florence & The Machine at Leeds a yesterday, I'm totally in love with the woman. Cannot describe how amazing she sounds live, and the atmosphere in the tent was totally electric from start to finish. It's just such a shame that she never got to finish her set off with Rabbit Heart because the damn tent was leaking on her drummer. She's incredibly sexy on stage too, which was somthing I honestly didn't expect.

I love Drumming Song so much!

--

Quite liked Alexisonfire when I saw them, which was the first time I'd heard any of their stuff. Same with Vampire Weekend and The Horrors. Though, that could simply be down to the atmosphere whilst watching them. Only band I didn't actually enjoy seeing were Funeral For A Friend, which sounded utterly genric throughout their set. Plus, even though I'm not really a fan of theirs, seeing Radiohead live was quite an experience. So annoyed I missed Placebo though. Only managed to catch a song of theirs because a friend and myself were stuck waiting for others to meet us.

After seeing Florence & The Machine at Leeds a yesterday, I'm totally in love with the woman. Cannot describe how amazing she sounds live, and the atmosphere in the tent was totally electric from start to finish. It's just such a shame that she never got to finish her set off with Rabbit Heart because the damn tent was leaking on her drummer. She's incredibly sexy on stage too, which was somthing I honestly didn't expect.

I love Drumming Song so much!

I've seen her a few times now and I've got to agree she is truely amazing live.

Prodigy

Have to agree totally. I'm not a big fan of them or anything, but seeing them live was a fucking experience and a half. Quite liked Frank Turner live too, though not something I'm interested in following up.

I've seen her a few times now and I've got to agree she is truely amazing live.

Seeing her perform the album live has made me appreciate some of the tracks so much more. Especially Cosmic Love and Drumming Song, which both sounded absolutely incredible.

--

Totally forgot to mention the band I enjoyed most, which would be Gossip. Freaking fantastic live. Ditto sounded...there are no words. Men In Love and Heavy Cross were my favourites.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

It leaves me dry, considering I expected it to have a climax, rather than staying calm through-out. Boring.

Works well in the advert though.

Where have I read that before?

I found the song a bit boring an obvious, but the harp is lovely, and works well in the advert.

Ah there it is.

I don't find it boring at all, just beautiful. But we're all different.

I noticed that too. We share similar music tastes, though chair loved the song from the advert, whereas I wasn't that impressed when I first heard it.

---

This album has been on repeat for the last week or so. Really great. Love how un HQ it is. Lewis has such a good rock voice.