• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, but also was put off.

Listen to the remix, Skream's Let's Get Ravey mix, it's the only one I listen to, and it brilliant. Can't even remember how the original goes now.

Seriously, better than the original.

Most remixes are just dancier version/interesting but worse. This is better.

---

I kinda hate how overused "Love Don't x Here.." is as a hook in songs. Madonna has a song called "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" (which is a cover i think), Ladyhawke has one called just "Love Don't Live Here" and Tiga has "Love Don't Dance Here Anymore".

Why not "Love doesn't..."? That would be far less cliched, and more accurate to how people actually speak.

I like it, but also was put off.

Listen to the remix, Skream's Let's Get Ravey mix, it's the only one I listen to, and it brilliant. Can't even remember how the original goes now

Seriously, better than the original.

Most remixes are just dancier version/interesting but worse. This is better.

That was better than most remixes. I'm not sure if I prefer it to the original though. About the same methinks.

so Tiga's latest, Ciao! is a bit tasty. Soulwax on production bring out the best in his house/ funk beats , his lyrics are getting better (apart from Sex O'Clock, yeah?) and this seems a more concentrated effort to produce a solid dance album. It's a tad heavily weighted to the front end, though. All the biggest beats and such seem to have been hammered out in the first few tracks. The latter half is no less for it, but the tonal shift is a little dramatic. It's a consolation, then, that the final track Love Don't Dance Here Anymore is the best on the album. 12 mins of solid gold post club melancholy blissed out electronica.

Very, very highly recommended.

I love him. Heard him a month or so back, and loved tracks like "You Gonna Want Me". Not heard any of the new album though apart from "Shoes" (Which is amazing) so I'll check it out on Spotify.

Hahaha. :grin:

Here is a video of Britney Spears to Balance things out:

I'd never seen this before but I had Britney from the beginning on a music channel the other day. :)

Love that song so freaking much! "Fuck! Do Suuu-in!".

That La Roux remix is qua-

WAITHOLYFUCKINGSHITHAGGISLISTENEDTOMEANDSTUFFABOUTGOODMUSIC?

wut?

;)

Just heard Sex o'clock and laughed so freaking hard. "It's sex o'clock! Give me the time! What's the time? It's sex o'clock!"

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

Just heard Sex o'clock and laughed so freaking hard. "It's sex o'clock! Give me the time! What's the time? It's sex o'clock!"

It's absolute genius. Not as good as 'Planet Sexor' on the last album (yes, it's about a mythical sex planet) but it's funny as hell.

@ paj - no, no. He'll just moan about the management mode. :heh:

Anyway, I've been listening to my copy of The OC Mix 1. Some good songs on there. Have been contemplating watching the show all over again as a result and may do so. There's a good cover of Paul Mccartney's Maybe I'm Amazed by Jem in the show that I've been listen to as well. I like it a little more than the original version but then the original's good as well. Just like the Jem cover because it's slower and suits the song slightly more.

Edited by Ganepark32

Just back from the IOW Festival. Was pretty amazing.

I Saw:

The Human League

Iglu and Hartly

Ting Tings

Pendulum

Basement Jaxx

The Prodigy

White Lies

Maximo Park

Razorlight

Stereophonics

goldielookinchain

The Script

Pigeon Detectives

Pixies

The Charlatans

Neil Young

Neil Young was blooody amazing. Everyone should go see him, an absolute legend, so so talented.

My other highlight of the weekend was the trio of Pendulum, Basement Jaxx and Prodigy on Friday night, lots and lots of fun :)

I gave Tiga's album Ciao! a listen through and it made me laugh quite a few times. Particularly liked Shoes, Sex O'clock and Luxury.

I've had Deep Cuts by The Knife for a few months now and I really can't get into it. A lot of the time it just sounds like bad, drunk karaoke, and this might sound bad or whatever but her accent really annoys me. I kinda like Heartbeats, but that's it really.

Simian Mobile Disco's track I Believe is fantastic and has been played a fair few times today, after being discovered during revision procrastination.

Also loving David Guetta's When Love Takes Over (Feat. Kelly Rowland).