N-Europe

They better, because I have officially ejaculated over it.

But no one ever watches anything that doesn't immediately appeal to them. I'm guilty. Or if something looks truly awful, I'm guilty of watching it to hear how bad it realy is.

I think it's partly the annoyingness of Youtube videos.

I mean obviously you have to WATCH that vid you posted, but rarely have I (or many others I would guess, except maybe Coolness) taken the time to actually watch loads of videos posted here.

EDIT: I mean, the people talking about Muse aren't going to watch a random video that doesn't pertain to them. Same if we were talking about Tori and someone posted a Muse video (though I might be intrigued, I keep meaning to actually give them a listen). But you get my point.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio and TV really are not the best ways to listen to the best new music.

The internet has done wonder for the exposure of brilliant music!

Yeah, but I need stuff I can put on in the background otherwise I don't really listen to much. I only have a laptop and my speakers are terrible so it's not like I can put that on whilst I do something else. Radio would be pretty much perfect.

What do you think?

Not my cup of tea to be honest. I think it's ok, but it's not really my type of song. I tend to prefer harder rock. I'm a proper greabo/emo/goth/whatever. Or at least that's probably what the unwashed masses probably think :indeed:. Although I've been told I fit the "skater" lifestyle quite well, despite the fact that I can't skate for shit.

I'm quite odd with music, I like most genres but I don't know why I like half of the music I do. And sometimes I like one song, but dislike another song that has all the same things as the one I like. That video is a good example. It probably has a lot of things that I said I've liked in this thread, but for some reason I only consider it "meh".

Not my cup of tea to be honest. I think it's ok, but it's not really my type of song. I tend to prefer harder rock. I'm a proper greabo/emo/goth/whatever. Or at least that's probably what the unwashed masses probably think :indeed:. Although I've been told I fit the "skater" lifestyle quite well, despite the fact that I can't skate for shit.

Again..Queen of Rock. : peace:

They nearly did that... couldn't believe there was no citizen erased. I had to check with everybody else that i hadn't passed out or something and missed half the set.

Think its pretty much dropped from their setlist now. I saw it during the Absolution tour and they did a fanfookingtastic remixed version of it. Sorry you missed it! : peace:

PSYCHIC RAPPORT!

I was just about to post To Bring You My Love.

In fact, I will. A live version - featuring her sexy hotpant-ed legs.

I just love her voice in both songs. Like a grouchy demoness.

"You know he's gonna be HEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH - ALLLLLLLLL RIIIIIIGHT!"

And I love songs where their main bag is the bass-line.

Come on Polly, you're good at playing the bass!

yeh definately!!

i find it hard to find songs that i really really like.. but like u said - when it does happen it makes it all the better =)

Yeah :smile: and the best thing about the songs that are the most special to you is that no matter what else you listen to, you will always return to them because they will always be as good as they were from that memorable first listen. ^^

No one'll watch it. Mark my words.

But yes, one of the most disturbing live performances I've ever seen. She was pretty fucked up/off back in those days.

I actually watched the whole thing... >>

Showbiz has some good stuff on it alright. They still play the odd tune from it- Unintended and Muscle Museum being the main offenders. They have so much material these days though its understandable that some of the older stuff gets left behind... they play Bliss a lot less now. :(

I tend to like a lot of their less played stuff because as good as their best work is, a lot of their more subtle songs are somehow more special to me. :)

But no one ever watches anything that doesn't immediately appeal to them.

EDIT: I mean, the people talking about Muse aren't going to watch a random video that doesn't pertain to them. Same if we were talking about Tori and someone posted a Muse video (though I might be intrigued, I keep meaning to actually give them a listen). But you get my point.

Again... I watched the whole thing :blank: and actually I admit I did enjoy the weirdness of it, she clearly put her heart and soul into that performance but in a way that I wasn't really expecting, around 4.15 into it she sounds almost feral... not bringing it up as a negative but she sounds rather cat-like at that point and the end is just plain bizarre, but in a good way, anyway like I said I enjoyed it, I admit it's not always that I will actually check out a video like that but in this instance I'm glad I did. : peace:

And yes, I actually checked it out before the comments about 'it won't be watched' etc were posted. :heh:

That sucks.

They played it when I saw them clearly one of the best moments of my life.

I have seen them play it. My fondest memory of them was the first time i saw them. They played during a bit of a storm, and just as they reached the first chord in newborn lightning struck just behind the stage. twas epic.

I watched the vid chairdriver. I can't say it's really my thing, but theres no arguing how much emotion she puts into the performance. The piano was beautiful, but the delivery of the lyrics was a little too passionate for me. so no orgasm from me :smile:

I actually watched the whole thing... >>

Again... I watched the whole thing :blank: and actually I admit I did enjoy the weirdness of it, she clearly put her heart and soul into that performance but in a way that I wasn't really expecting, around 4.15 into it she sounds almost feral... not bringing it up as a negative but she sounds rather cat-like at that point and the end is just plain bizarre, but in a good way, anyway like I said I enjoyed it, I admit it's not always that I will actually check out a video like that but in this instance I'm glad I did. : peace:

And yes, I actually checked it out before the comments about 'it won't be watched' etc were posted. :heh:

Yay. I was hoping reverse psychology or whatever would make people watch it, but you did on your own. : peace:

Glad you appreciated it.

But no one ever watches anything that doesn't immediately appeal to them. I'm guilty. Or if something looks truly awful, I'm guilty of watching it to hear how bad it realy is.

I think it's partly the annoyingness of Youtube videos.

I mean obviously you have to WATCH that vid you posted, but rarely have I (or many others I would guess, except maybe Coolness) taken the time to actually watch loads of videos posted here.

That's exactly why I don't really listen to new music on the internet. I don't really go out of my way to listen to it. That's why I prefer radio or TV, it picks the set list for you and it doesn't require much effort on my part.

Not bad. My only complaint is that the singing is a bit repetitive. Not the lyrics, but the rythm/tune of it. Not the type of music I'd listen to over and over again, but pretty good none the less.

I just love the fact it's really obvious that she's fighting the devil on the astral plain while playing that song, and she gets possessed during the last 30 seconds to dire consequences.

Like staring off into the distance singing "Wash me clean, Daddy."

That's exactly why I don't really listen to new music on the internet. I don't really go out of my way to listen to it. That's why I prefer radio or TV, it picks the set list for you and it doesn't require much effort on my part.

You may have just offended my musical sensibilities...:wink:

I get what you mean though. : peace:

Not bad. My only complaint is that the singing is a bit repetitive. Not the lyrics, but the rythm/tune of it. Not the type of music I'd listen to over and over again, but pretty good none the less.

Hmm. Oh well. It was just an example of her "hard" stuff. She's effectively covered every aspect you could think of (love artists that do that), so I could have shown you some of her paino and high voice register stuff if you wanted! :indeed:

Yay. I was hoping reverse psychology or whatever would make people watch it, but you did on your own. : peace:

Glad you appreciated it.

Yep ^^ I don't claim to watch every video that's posted in this thread but every now and then I will watch something that I maybe would not consider normally.

I agree with Goaferboy regarding the repetitive rhythm of it but I appreciate the intense amount of effort and emotion that was put into the performance. :smile:

I once had a stab at the ten best songs ever. Or at least on my itunes. Went something like this

Hurt - Johnny Cash

Waterloo Sunset - Kinks

Creep - Radiohead

Revol - Manic Street Preachers

Trailer Trash - Modest Mouse

Where is my Mind - Pixies

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Don't think Twice it's Alright - Bob Dylan

All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

Upward over the Mountain - Iron & Wine

Of course my personal favourite ten songs would be very different. Perhaps

Sometimes - My Bloody Valentine

Lions and Tigers - Asobi Seksu

Point of Disguist - Low

It's all Over - Broken Family Band

It's My Own Cheating Heart that Makes me Cry - Glasvegas

The Con - Tegan and Sara

Vapour Trail - Ride

Flume - Bon Iver

Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel

This Modern Love - Bloc Party

I went to bed last night trying to think of making up a 10 best songs ever list and it kept me awake for ages. It can definitely be done (if the world can basically agree on what the top however many films are with the Godfather being the greatest then it can be done). I did though think of the artists and bands that would make up that list. They are as follows:

- The Beatles

- Jimi Hendrix

- Bob Dylan

- Queen

- Iron Maiden

- Metallica

It's after getting those that it became harder to think of who would be on the list but those bands and artists there would definitely be in the top 10 songs ever (Well perhaps you could argue that with Iron Maiden there that Metallica wouldn't need to be on the list but old Metallica have written some of the best rock songs ever).

But we all know that the best song ever is Don't Stop Believin' by Journey and anyone who says otherwise is an outright liar. :heh:

You can't dislike Don't Stop Believin'

Reposted: 10 songs I consider to be some of the best ever. (Not including Buckley's Hallelujah because you all know I consider that to be one of the best ever.)

1. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

2. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

3. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

4. The Beatles - Let It Be

5. Metallica - One

6. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

7. Boston - More Than A Feeling

8. Black Sabbath - Iron Man

9. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

10. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

So there.

Where the frack have all my posts gone?!

I ATE THEM! that's right I just couldn't help myself so I peppered 'em up and *Om nom nom nom nom* sorry. :(

In all seriousness though, we are trying to get to the bottom of it, but the upshot is that they dissapeared around the same time as the servers went down or shortly after.

Looks like I'm gonna have to compile me a top 10 list, though it's gonna take me a while. Quite surprised no one has put Billie Jean in their lists yet :|

Been listening to Lupe Fiasco a lot recently. His music is so thought provoking and relaxing. Incredible artist.

I prefer Smooth Criminal meself, to be honest. :hmm:

.....REALLY? Wow never heard anyone say that before. Smooth Criminal is an amazing song, I like his vocal style in it and the 10 minute video for it is just breath taking. That said, I feel Billie Jean is the most perfect song ever to have been made and probably the only song that will never age. That base line....:heart:

Very much agree with this. Thanks for the recommendation of 'Streets on Fire', it's a quality tune!

Ahh it's brilliant.

'I once caught her changing the batteries on her halo'. Ah lupe :D