• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past few weeks, all I've been listening to is Melt-Banana. They're a Japanese punk band, with a bit of noise and experimental electronica mixed in, truly awesome.

Undoubtably one of my favourite bands right now, Japanoise FTW!

I feel Kanye West's "Welcome to Heartbreak" my become my anthem in a few years;

My friend showed me pictures of his kids,

And all I could show him were pictures of my cribs.

He said his daughter got a brand-new report card,

And all I got was a brand-new sportscar.

Kinda is now...although I lack cribs and sportscars.

Anyway this just in; Kanye and Justice's new albums are awesome. I like the way Justice's uses samples from Klaxons (or maybe they've used them from somewhere and I am musically ignorant but whatever).

Up next; Ben Folds' new album.

I love Kanye's new album (obviously).

I NEED this new Justice one I hear of!

In other news; I love how songs you normally ignored become "better" when played at a club/dance. Like "Live Your Life" by T.I and Rihanna. I need it now.

The demo version of Tegan and Sara's Nineteen. It's lovely.

I love how the lyrics make more sense than the album release. "When you're 19, call me."

Haha, after listening to that (brilliant btw) I did a google for the con demos. 2nd result:

Tegan and Sara – Listen free at Last.fm

Where can I buy/download the Con Demos? I love them all. View Profile | Leave chairdriver a shout

Great minds think alike.

If you still need help finding them the pm me :) They are rather good

On a T&S related note, I have The Con and So Jealous. Are the other ones worth getting?

Haha, after listening to that (brilliant btw) I did a google for the con demos. 2nd result:

Where can I buy/download the Con Demos? I love them all. View Profile | Leave chairdriver a shout

Great minds think alike.

On a T&S related note, I have The Con and So Jealous. Are the other ones worth getting?

I have If It Was You, and can cofirm it's AMAZING! YOU HAVE TO GET IT!

Haven't got the first 2, they themselves aren't too fonmd of them. I have the famous tracks off them, which don't hold a candle to their other albums.

Seriously. If It Was You. It's less cutesy, much more..organic. It's awesome.

Great minds think alike.

*Sings "I Get Around" by Dragonette*

But yeah, I still need help finding them.

And get If It Was You. It's lovely.

Although, The Con is better.

Another alternate version here from PJ Harvey. This is probably one of the best alternates I've heard, in fact I prefer it to the original.

Grow Grow Grow

I love that black French woman.

Like, has too many stories to tell.

A letter I wrote and sent to The Kills myspace:

Hey,

I am contacting you requesting clarification on one of your lyrics. I've heard the line in question, from "tape song" is actually;

"you got to go straight ahead"

however, we, my associates in friendship, have come to the conclusion there ARE only two possible options as to the what the lyric actually is.

"you've got a ghost in your head"

or

"you've got a ghost in your HAIR"

I would like confirmation as I recently received a hair cut and by no means wished to harm any non-corporeal barnet dwellers that may have taken up residence in the foliage of my scalp.

Please note that whatever response you enlighten us with will in fact be irrelevant as we feel "ghost in your HAIR" is the only sensible answer.

On another matter I unfortunately missed the opportunity to breathe in the sweat of your many adoring minions whilst you endeavoured to bring us closer to the peak of musical ecstacy at the Astoria last week as I am an unemployed musician and couldn't afford the entrance fee. I tried to use sex as a weapon and shoot down the security guards with a powererful stream of hot love liquid but alas I'm out of practise in that field and it was a mere dribble, luke-warm at best.

So I hope you will be playing again soon, and of course keep me in my mind should you ever need a supporting artist.

Thanks in advance,

Peter x

P.S. My mate works at Zavvi in Piccadilly Circus and sold two of your albums. They only had three to begin with. I suggest you take a trip there and give her a present. :) x

haha and also true. we did actually think she was singing abouts ghosts in peoples hair.

lol

It's undeniably "You've got to go straight ahead" though.

Actually ridiculously clear what the lyric is, to such an extent that I never questioned it.

And how do you explain the bit where she's like "You got to- You got to- YOU GO TO! YOU GOTTA GO STRAIGHT AHEAD!"

Actually ridiculously clear what the lyric is, to such an extent that I never questioned it.

"The keeeeeys...LUhVe!"

My favourite, even more than "I want to kill this white dress".

----

Is it wrong that I love "Live your Life" by T.I and Rihanna? Cause I do.

And how do you explain the bit where she's like "You got to- You got to- YOU GO TO! YOU GOTTA GO STRAIGHT AHEAD!"

i havent been the only person to mis hear that lyric :P

"The keeeeeys...LUhVe!"

My favourite, even more than "I want to kill this white dress".

I love mishearing jokes.

Tori Amos is the best for misheard lyrics. Like the straitjacket bit in Beauty Queen.

And I always think she's going to say "an aphro-disiac" when she says "an afro, a pharaoh"

I love mishearing jokes.

Tori Amos is the best for misheard lyrics. Like the straitjacket bit in Beauty Queen.

And I always think she's going to say "an aphro-disiac" when she says "an afro, a pharaoh"

I love the actual lyrics to Beauty Queen, considering what I thought they were originally.

"Heeeeeeeeeey.

Heeeeeeeeeey.

She-e-e-e-e's a

Beauty Queen

Heeeeeeeeeeeey my sweet.

Baby in the straightjacket

Down now to the laundry serum.

"

Overprotected by Britney Spears would be amazing if it weren't shit.

If that makes sense.

Like, it has the potential to be a really good song.

I used to love that. Then I gave In The Zone a good listen, and realised how...pointless it was. With the subject of the song, they could of made it rather immesne, but it's like they just didn't want to bother. No wonder it got nowhere in the American charts.

However cheesy/cliche it may be, I actually love "You Drive Me (Crazy)" beyond belief. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. :heh:

Finch were amazing last night. Was too tired at first to get upfront and in the crowd but as I got more into the music I moved in and by the encore I was getting punched in the face in a pit. Ears were still ringing this morning. Sore throat. All the signs of a good gig.

Good times.