• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

BC Jean should be happy - no one would have heard of her if not for Beyonce.

I would be literally honoured if Beyonce stole my song.

I wouldn't, stupid bitch should get her own songs.

In other news, two gigs in four days for me. New Found Glory tomorrow night, then Slipknot on the Monday. Potential to be an awesome weekend.

In other news, two gigs in four days for me. New Found Glory tomorrow night, then Slipknot on the Monday. Potential to be an awesome weekend.

I'd be too scared to ever see Slipknot live...i'd get killed.

Awesome band though, love em.

I bought Microcastle by Deerhunter, as I espied it got 9.2 on Pitchfork (and last time I bought an album rather highly on Pitchfork, Exile In Guyville by Liz Phair, I was blown away)

This is excellent stuff. 2 discs!

Indeed. I only heard the Microcastle disc, though, never heard the second one.

Ty for that Dante, tbh when I heard that song on the Radio I thought it a little too different to actually be by Beyonce, pretty shit that she stole it tbh as the original version is much better, doesn't really matter in the end to me I guess as it's not the kind of music that I would rush out and buy, but for the people who originally wrote the song it must be pretty bad, still at least they will get publicity out of it and maybe BC the original artist will get a proper career out of all of this.

Iv got New Found Glory on saturday in Nottingham and Slipknot on the 12th in sheffield. *Looks at sig* Oh and Hit The Lights on the 6th! :P. We are the same person i think

For anyone that's interested in Placebo's next studio outing, here's all the info we have at the moment:

Melody_Nelson_0074.jpg

The new album is being produced by David Bottrill (the man behind Tool's "Aenima", "Salival" and "Lateralus" albums, Silverchair's "Diorama" and dEUS "The Ideal Crash".)

Engineering the album is James Brown who worked with the band on "Meds".

It's being mixed by Alan Moulder who has worked heavily with N.I.N. in the past.

It's their heaviest record to date but also tender in places.

The album is more psychedelic (not in the 60's sense), mind-bending and free form than previous records.

The album is more "colourful" than Meds and includes strings and brass as well, (trumpets and saxophones) Although they are not plastered all over the record.

There are no collaborations on the album (unlike their last album Meds which featured Alison Mosshart of The Kills and Michael Stipe of REM)

They are currently putting the finishing touches on the mixing and it'll be finished before Christmas and we'll hear it in the spring.

They are also set to perform a landmark gig on December 7th:

PLACEBO TO PERFORM HISTORIC CONCERT AT ANGKOR WAT, CAMBODIA TO RAISE AWARENESS AND INCREASE PREVENTION OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING

FIRST-EVER ROCK CONCERT AT THE UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE-LISTED 12TH CENTURY TEMPLE

angkorwat2.jpg

PHNOM PENH / LONDON / BANGKOK 20 November 2008 – Placebo today joined a host of other international and local artists performing at a historic MTV EXIT concert to raise awareness and increase prevention of human trafficking, a crime impacting millions of people worldwide. The concert will be held at Angkor Wat in Cambodia on 7 December.

Also performing below Placebo on the bill will be Duncan Sheik, Australian Kate Miller-Heidke, US group The Click Five and some of Cambodia’s biggest recording artists.

MTV EXIT (End Exploitation and Trafficking) is a project of the MTV Europe Foundation -- a London-based registered charity – to raise awareness and increase prevention of human trafficking and exploitation. MTV EXIT in Asia is produced in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).

“We are incredibly proud to perform at this important concert,†the members of Placebo said. “We hope that through our music and involvement in this event and the MTV EXIT campaign that millions of people learn about this tragic form of slavery.â€

Iv got New Found Glory on saturday in Nottingham and Slipknot on the 12th in sheffield. *Looks at sig* Oh and Hit The Lights on the 6th! :P. We are the same person i think

I want to go see Hit The Lights, but I can't find any people to go with, and I think I may have left it a bit late. Dunno, maybe I can persuade my friends tonight and order them tomorrow.

I'd be too scared to ever see Slipknot live...i'd get killed.

Awesome band though, love em.

Tbqh bit concerned about my own safety too. Never seen them live before, so it's something I've got to do.

Some what yeah, I'm not big on moshing around and getting shoved about. I'm the crap person at a gig sipping his beer from the back.

Mosh pits usually encompass a part of the floor not all of it so you could stand at the back.

Worst case scenario is that someone might not catch you if you fall.