N-Europe

I just realised that I can't stand Queen. I mean, seriously, Brian May is pretty great, but as a whole, they annoy the fuck out of me most of the time. I recognise their importance and all, and they have some genius moments, but they're far too overblown and Freddie Mercury has the shittiest singing voice ever. That is all.

Queen's greatness can be summed up in 5 words... A Night At The Opera.

It's the only truly great effort they ever contributed to the music world. Other than that, they're just overrated, nothing else.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Weren't you the one who didn't like them? :( Am I going crazy? :(

Maybe it was Paj or Gizmo or something. :(

We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine...

I think you're thinking of when someone compared Panic at the Disco to the Beatles, and I quoted them in disgust.

No, I rember that, but that's not it.

Someone said they hated The Beatles... who was it? :(

I said (in the film thread though) when Cube said something about a movie (can't remember which) that I really don't like the beatles, but I know they were a great band. I think I was trying to make the point that just because you don't like something, it doesn't make it terrible, you should still be able to see it's quality.

...was that it?

I said (in the film thread though) when Cube said something about a movie (can't remember which) that I really don't like the beatles, but I know they were a great band. I think I was trying to make the point that just because you don't like something, it doesn't make it terrible, you should still be able to see it's quality.

...was that it?

The kid's come a long way. You're making me proud, lad. :heh:

...was that it?

No. I know you're good with the whole quality/opinion thing. It was someone who really hated them and showed no knowledge of their greatness. :S Can't remember who it was... :(

Also, what the fuck is it with everyone getting some kind of signature colour, now? It was cool when it was Bard and ReZ, now it's getting kinda gay... :(

Hey, chairdriver, I'll embark in a quest. I'm gonna make you like the Beatles. :D Sounds ok to you?

First song, lemme know what you thought: Eleanor Rigby (Ignore the video, just listen.)

My thoughts on said song:

I appreciate that the Beatles were like 2 decades ahead of their time, and nobody else was producing music like that at that time, but nowadays it's just not so exciting.

I don't like the sound of his (/their) voice(s) either. It just doesn't sound pleasing to my ears. (Then again I like very few male singers)

I kinda like the ochestral-type music in the background, it's different and fun.

But all-in-all, not a song I'd put on my iPod.

Lol, it is. But purple rocks, admit it.

Yeah, so starting now my signature color is white. How annoying is that??? This could actually work... :heh:

My thoughts on said song:

I appreciate that the Beatles were like 2 decades ahead of their time, and nobody else was producing music like that at that time, but nowadays it's just not so exciting.

I don't like the sound of his (/their) voice(s) either. It just doesn't sound pleasing to my ears. (Then again I like very few male singers)

I kinda like the ochestral-type music in the background, it's different and fun.

But all-in-all, not a song I'd put on my iPod.

Good, honesty. :smile:

That means little. To me, Norwegian Wood is better than any Beatles song on any album, but that doesn't mean Rubber Soul is their best album.

I spose so, but i'm partial to alot of the lonely hearts stuff, which of course brings up the question

later beatles work or early (like um...pre 1964ish era)

I used to hate the Beatles, but now I recognise they were a good band, but realistically I doubt i'll put them on my iTunes, let alone myiPod anytime soon.

---

Bought Seventh Tree (Deluxe Ediiton) by Goldfrapp today.

Just fantastic. Of course, :)

I love the massive box. Apparently it's so you can store all the singles too. (The album, DVD and singles are all in slipcases)

The DVD is a bit pointless, but it's got intreresting cinematography.

The booklet is the funniest thing. Like a tiny sketchbook.

I bought Bon Jovi's first CD made as a group yesterday, should arrive tomorrow and shall be listening to it when i get home from work.

Also forgot to mention as well, i got 2 tickets to go and see Bon Jovi live in June as part of the Lost Highway tour which makes a stop in Bristol on 26th June.