N-Europe

So what does everyone think of Joy Division? It's a band I've heard quite a few good things about recently and they seem to be promoted in store in Zavvi at the moment. Listend to a few tracks and it sounds like quite good stuff I have to say.

They are one of my all time favourite bands, they are beyond amazing.

I want to rape them.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

:blank: :blank:

Hey, I'd go along with that, why not added a threesome to the necrophilia mix. I do loves them hugely though.

Always find it odd when I'm talking to someone about music and they mention some obscure band like The Petulant Death Mongers or Blustery Comic Physicality and yet when I mention Joy Division or The Pogues I'm met with a blank expression or "oh are they those guys that did that song from Donnie Darko". It makes me feel a). sad, b). confused and c) old. Maybe I'm just out of touch and living in the past.

Joy Division kick ass, in brief. not exactly cheery but there you go.

They are one of my all time favourite bands, they are beyond amazing.

I want to rape them.

Well I've always thought of you both as two members with better taste on here really, so I might just have to buy the album in Zavvi I have seen (not just from these reccomendations but they do help) I like the fact I'm starting to expand my musical horizons so to speak after listening to a select few bands for the past year or so. This forum is mainly to do with it really. Who says forums are a bad thing? ;) On the other hand I now want more music than my wallet can handle so I might have to download stuff again...ah well :)

Ugh, downloaded what I thought was the promo version, turned out to be some Avenged Sevenfold shite. Who would do that? It's a fucking crime.

Anyway, the first Single is pretty much more of the same as the previous two albums, pretty industrial influenced, but the neoclassical influence is more apparent than "Are You Dead Yet?" It's also nowhere near as speedy as anything from Hatebreeder or Reaper. To be honest though, I quite like it...at least it seems better than their last effort, though nothing like classic Bodom :(

I'd love to hear something that sounds like Follow The Hatebreeder. lol

Joy Division are god, also.

Anybody seen the film Control? Really good film about Ian Curtis and Joy Division... The newcomer Sam Riley nails Ian Curtis imo and does a rather great job displaying his epilepsy troubles and manour of going about live performences. And I (L) Samantha Morton, so the film works even better. Check it out if your a Joy Division fan

Anybody here fans of De La Soul BTW? Cos if you are I strongly reccomend you check out a brilliant independent group called Little Brother. Pretty much the closest thing to De La in modern music...

Well I've always thought of you both as two members with better taste on here really, so I might just have to buy the album in Zavvi I have seen (not just from these reccomendations but they do help) I like the fact I'm starting to expand my musical horizons so to speak after listening to a select few bands for the past year or so. This forum is mainly to do with it really. Who says forums are a bad thing? ;) On the other hand I now want more music than my wallet can handle so I might have to download stuff again...ah well :)

Good man. They never put out many records so it's easy enough to do. If you're struggling, Substance is a chronological best of from early material to Love Will Tear Us Apart which is both awesome and an interesting look at the short time they were around and how they developed.

also- New Order are often a bit immense and deserve attention.

Anybody seen the film Control? Really good film about Ian Curtis and Joy Division... The newcomer Sam Riley nails Ian Curtis imo and does a rather great job displaying his epilepsy troubles and manour of going about live performences. And I (L) Samantha Morton, so the film works even better. Check it out if your a Joy Division fan

Anybody here fans of De La Soul BTW? Cos if you are I strongly reccomend you check out a brilliant independent group called Little Brother. Pretty much the closest thing to De La in modern music...

De La Soul = Win.

People trying to re create it now = phail.

Hip hop is dying enough as it is without people trying to copy stuff even more so than normal, hip hop is crap nowadays generally. Unless it is diffenrt and k-razy i switch off straight away.

De La Soul = Win.

Hip hop is dying enough as it is without people trying to copy stuff even more so than normal, hip hop is crap nowadays generally. Unless it is diffenrt and k-razy i switch off straight away.

They dont copy De La soul in anyway or form, infact they are probably the most original group, hip hop has left. Just saying that to me they are the modern answer to the great groups of the past e.g. A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul.

Check em out. Little Brother - all of their first 3 albums are classics already.

They dont copy De La soul in anyway or form, infact they are probably the most original group, hip hop has left. Just saying that to me they are the modern answer to the great groups of the past e.g. A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul.

Check em out. Little Brother - all of their first 3 albums are classics already.

You twisted my arm. I shall check them out.

Also You should check out ty, good uk hiphop that does interesting stuff.

De La Soul = Win.

Shows what you know. Seriously, don't make claims you can't backup, it makes you look bad.

The Listening is... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. :heart:

Why is there no Jens Lekman love??

Because most people never head of him, nor have ever heard the sublime album that is Night Falls Over Kortedala.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V41LYparBmw

Seal - Kiss From A Rose

Top 10 Love Songs Of All time? I think so...

Oh no you didn't!!!! :(

Oh no you didn't!!!! :(

Oh yes I did! Love me a bit of Seal!!! Kiss From A Rose is a fucking tune.

And yeah I know of Ty thirtynine, Dreams is a cracking tune... But seriously check out Little Brother, The Listening and The Minstrel Show are certified brilliance... Hip Hop is shit 90% of the time these days, but not if you look in the right places.

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7563336

Nation's favourite albums

This is a full list of the 50 Best Ever British Albums as voted for in a poll conducted by Q magazine and HMV:

1. Definitely Maybe - Oasis

2. (What's The Story) Morning Glory? - Oasis

3. OK Computer - Radiohead

4. Revolver - The Beatles

5. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

6. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

7. London Calling - The Clash

8. Under The Iron Sea - Keane

9. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

10. Urban Hymns - The Verve

11. The Bends - Radiohead

12. Abbey Road - The Beatles

13. Hopes And Fears - Keane

14. Don't Believe The Truth - Oasis

15. Violator - Depeche Mode

16. The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths

17. A Night At The Opera - Queen

18. Whatever People Say I Am - Arctic Monkeys

19. The White Album - The Beatles

20. Never Mind The B******s - Sex Pistols

21. Rubber Soul - The Beatles

22. Be Here Now - Oasis

23. Absolution - Muse

24. Rio - Duran Duran

25. Parklife - Blur

26. A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay

27. The Holy Bible - Manic Street Preachers

28. Origin Of Symmetry - Muse

29. IV - Led Zeppelin

30. The Wall - Pink Floyd

31. Up The Bracket - The Libertines

32. X&Y - Coldplay

33. Who's Next - The Who

34. Black Holes And Revelations - Muse

35. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse

36. Songs Of Faith And Devotion - Depeche Mode

37. Word Gets Around - Stereophonics

38. The Fat Of The Land - Prodigy

39. Different Class - Pulp

40. In Rainbows - Radiohead

41. Hunky Dory - David Bowie

42. Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys

43. Everything Must Go - Manic Street Preachers

44. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

45. Behaviour - Pet Shop Boys

46. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie

47. Parachutes - Coldplay

48. Exile On Main Street - Rolling Stones

49. Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division

50. Let It Bleed - Rolling Stones

Why are Oasis so bloody popular? They aren't even good =P Some of that list is quite respectable really but Oasis have the two best albums ever.....just no =(

Oh yes I did! Love me a bit of Seal!!! Kiss From A Rose is a fucking tune.

Yeah, but top 10 love songs of all time? Hell no!!! What about Jeff Buckley and the likes? :(

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7563336

Nation's favourite albums

This is a full list of the 50 Best Ever British Albums as voted for in a poll conducted by Q magazine and HMV:

1. Definitely Maybe - Oasis

2. (What's The Story) Morning Glory? - Oasis

3. OK Computer - Radiohead

4. Revolver - The Beatles

5. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

6. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

7. London Calling - The Clash

8. Under The Iron Sea - Keane

9. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

10. Urban Hymns - The Verve

11. The Bends - Radiohead

12. Abbey Road - The Beatles

13. Hopes And Fears - Keane

14. Don't Believe The Truth - Oasis

15. Violator - Depeche Mode

16. The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths

17. A Night At The Opera - Queen

18. Whatever People Say I Am - Arctic Monkeys

19. The White Album - The Beatles

20. Never Mind The B******s - Sex Pistols

21. Rubber Soul - The Beatles

22. Be Here Now - Oasis

23. Absolution - Muse

24. Rio - Duran Duran

25. Parklife - Blur

26. A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay

27. The Holy Bible - Manic Street Preachers

28. Origin Of Symmetry - Muse

29. IV - Led Zeppelin

30. The Wall - Pink Floyd

31. Up The Bracket - The Libertines

32. X&Y - Coldplay

33. Who's Next - The Who

34. Black Holes And Revelations - Muse

35. Back To Black - Amy Winehouse

36. Songs Of Faith And Devotion - Depeche Mode

37. Word Gets Around - Stereophonics

38. The Fat Of The Land - Prodigy

39. Different Class - Pulp

40. In Rainbows - Radiohead

41. Hunky Dory - David Bowie

42. Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys

43. Everything Must Go - Manic Street Preachers

44. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

45. Behaviour - Pet Shop Boys

46. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie

47. Parachutes - Coldplay

48. Exile On Main Street - Rolling Stones

49. Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division

50. Let It Bleed - Rolling Stones

Wow... just... wow. Shows just how thick people are.

Hell no, that song gets old way too fast... and it's fucking predictable as hell too. :(

Nah I love it, still as fresh as it was 10 years ago. And it only seems predictable now because it has pretty much influenced every mainstream soul love song since its release...

The song does have special meaning to me though.

Shows what you know. Seriously, don't make claims you can't backup, it makes you look bad.

Seriously, hip hop is stale as shit. Occasionally you get people who are amazing and blow you away but I find that it is rare, the way I see it is, there is only so far you can go with hip hop before going crazy and becoming something else, the genre seems kind of restricted. But if you want to prove me wrong and post a crapton of hip hop you think contradicts everything I have said I will be more than happy to be proved wrong.