N-Europe

Chairdriver's top 10 list of songs that he only just realised he loved in the past week:

1) L.A. - Amy MacDonald

2) Overpowered - Roisin Murphy

3) Let Me Know - Roisin Murphy

4) Army of Me - Bjork

5) So Like a Rose - Garbage

6) Suffocate Me - Angelfish

7) Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance

8) Believer - Rogue Traders

9) Primitive - Roisin Murphy

10) Run - Amy MacDonald

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

And yet you still haven't gave any reason to why you think I'm dumb.

Your Pathetic mate.

A's my ass, you're a fucking idiot. "Your" is a pronoun, "You're" is a contraction. There's a difference, it's basic English.

As for why you're (and there it is) dumb, it's because of almost everything you say stinking of ignorance, the fact that your Last FM reads like a who's who of mentally handicapped Neanderthals, who make "music" for like minded individuals. Oh, and your avatar/sig leads me to believe that you actually like the Harry Potter films. Of course, there would be nothing wrong with that if you were 10. Hence; you are as shallow and small minded as they come.

A's my ass, you're a fucking idiot. "Your" is a pronoun, "You're" is a contraction. There's a difference, it's basic English.

As for why you're (and there it is) dumb, it's because of almost everything you say stinking of ignorance, the fact that your Last FM reads like a who's who of mentally handicapped Neanderthals, who make "music" for like minded individuals. Oh, and your avatar/sig leads me to believe that you actually like the Harry Potter films. Of course, there would be nothing wrong with that if you were 10. Hence; you are as shallow and small minded as they come.

I'm sorry, but it's a fucking forum, I don't really give a shit if my grammar is a bit iffy here and there.

And yeah, believe it or not, I have been predicted A's & B's, it's another thing whether I get them or not, but I have been working extremely hard and think I will do good in my exams.

Ignorant? I think not.

As for my last.fm list, having certain tastes in music does not make you dumb, or movies for that matter, anyway, my Emma Watson sig/av is because I like the girl, not because I'm obsessed with the movies.

And yeah, I do like the movies, I don't think they are amazing, but they entertain me. And I am FAR from shallow, FAR from small minded. People who judge other people on they musical and/or film tastes, are the most ignorent AND small minded people out their.

I'm sorry, but it's a fucking forum, I don't really give a shit if my grammar is a bit iffy here and there.

And yeah, believe it or not, I have been predicted A's & B's, it's another thing whether I get them or not, but I have been working extremely hard and think I will do good in my exams.

Ignorant? I think not.

As for my last.fm list, having certain tastes in music does not make you dumb, or movies for that matter, anyway, my Emma Watson sig/av is because I like the girl, not because I'm obsessed with the movies.

And yeah, I do like the movies, I don't think they are amazing, but they entertain me. And I am FAR from shallow, FAR from small minded. People who judge other people on they musical and/or film tastes, are the most ignorent AND small minded people out their.

You go girl! :p

Tell it like it is sister :p

And I am FAR from shallow, FAR from small minded. People who judge other people on they musical and/or film tastes, are the most ignorent AND small minded people out their.

[Grammar police] You should REALLY revise your "there"s, "their"s and "they're"s [/Grammar police]

(Sorry :heh: )

If you can't judge people on their choices and opinions, you can't judge them on anything. I'm not having this debate with a Britney Spears fan. But hey, if you choose to fill your time with garbage like that, feel free. Just don't expect to be taken seriously within this thread.

Right. Listening to Ihsahn. Fucking amazing, it's pretty different from his previous stuff. So atmospheric.

If you can't judge people on their choices and opinions, you can't judge them on anything. I'm not having this debate with a Britney Spears fan. But hey, if you choose to fill your time with garbage like that, feel free. Just don't expect to be taken seriously within this thread.

Right. Listening to Ihsahn. Fucking amazing, it's pretty different from his previous stuff. So atmospheric.

Right, well you just carry on with whatever you "do", and at least I actually fill my time with useful things (excluding this pointless argument with a pointless person) because I see you have no occupation.

Hmm. I think I have said all I need to say.

Right...because GCSE's are quite obviously incredibly taxing and indicative of intelligence...aren't they...:indeed:

teehee.

Seriously though, getting good GCSEs does not represent intelligence. Some of the people at my school who got "good" GCSEs can barely talk and move at the same time.

If someone gets all A*s then maybe that would be a fair indication of intellect, but overall GCSEs are total bullshit. Like most review scales being on 7-10, GCSEs go from C - A* and thats not right, achieving a A should be difficult and with current grading schemes, it is not in any way.

Jeez, I sound like an old man and I only did my GCSEs last year.

Oh for fuck sake, why would you think I'm unintelligent?

Because you post like a 4 year old girl.

teehee.

Seriously though, getting good GCSEs does not represent intelligence. Some of the people at my school who got "good" GCSEs can barely talk and move at the same time.

If someone gets all A*s then maybe that would be a fair indication of intellect, but overall GCSEs are total bullshit. Like most review scales being on 7-10, GCSEs go from C - A* and thats not right, achieving a A should be difficult and with current grading schemes, it is not in any way.

Jeez, I sound like an old man and I only did my GCSEs last year.

Because you post like a 4 year old girl.

Why don't you just go and stick your cock up his ass? It would be a lot less obvious.

Jesus people, grow the fuck up and start getting back to what the threads meant to be about, music.

I bought the Daft Punk album I said I was going to buy today, I actually quite like it. I might try and find the one Calza said was better when I'm out tomorrow.

Jesus people, grow the fuck up and start getting back to what the threads meant to be about, music.

I bought the Daft Punk album I said I was going to buy today, I actually quite like it. I might try and find the one Calza said was better when I'm out tomorrow.

Whenever I try to do that, I get flamed. Thats what the argument "was" about.

If you can't judge people on their choices and opinions, you can't judge them on anything.
True. Make your own personal judgments if you wish, don't present them as the definitions of good taste. I seriously dislike the lack of respect you have to certain people.
I'm not having this debate with a Britney Spears fan. But hey, if you choose to fill your time with garbage like that, feel free. Just don't expect to be taken seriously within this thread.
Let's make one thing clear here - you are not God. I respect your metal tastes although I couldn't care less for most of the genre, and I wish you could have the same attitude to other people. And please, for fuck's sake, don't be so arrogant to think you can speak in the name of this thread.

True. Make your own personal judgments if you wish, don't present them as the definitions of good taste. I seriously dislike the lack of respect you have to certain people.Let's make one thing clear here - you are not God. I respect your metal tastes although I couldn't care less for most of the genre, and I wish you could have the same attitude to other people. And please, for fuck's sake, don't be so arrogant to think you can speak in the name of this thread.

:bowdown:

I know I haven't been totally right in this thread, far from it, but really, I couldn't have said it better myself.

No!!! Get Homework!! It's their best album of the 3, by far! :D

Make your own personal judgments if you wish, don't present them as the definitions of good taste. I seriously dislike the lack of respect you have to certain people.

It is a fact that most of you here have horrible taste in music. You're one of the worse, actually.

And seriously, respect is earned, not given. This is a music thread. Want respect? Earn it! We're always gonna react when you praise a bad band, obviously. And if you "don't care what we think", then why the hell do you get all worked up about it?

The fact is, when confronted with your awfull taste in music, the only argument you have is "it's my opinion". And that's fine, you have the right to listen to shit.

What makes it annoying is that you can't admit it's shit.

And it's not that "you don't like what we like"... There are good bands and bad bands. Just because I don't like a good band, it doesn't mean it's not good. If you come around saying you love Social Broken Scene, even if I don't like them, I know they're good, and hence, will not bother you.

This concept works both ways.

There's quality and personal opinion. Two very different things. And yet you can't tell them apart, monsieur DCK.

Problem is, you choose to ignore that difference in order to live comfortably with yourself. Because deep in your soul, you know those bands you're listening to are shit.

Just stating my views, let's not get all worked up about this, ok?

It is a fact that most of you here have horrible taste in music. You're one of the worse, actually.
Oh, boohoo. That is not something for you to decide. Anyway, that was not the point of my post.

And seriously, respect is earned, not given. This is a music thread. Want respect? Earn it! We're always gonna react when you praise a bad band, obviously. And if you "don't care what we think", then why the hell do you get all worked up about it?

I don't care what you think at all. I'm pointing out that your opinion is not the de facto standard, and that you can't just keep on naming music (and their listeners!) shit. There is no way they deserve that, and I know the internet is an easy medium to be all tough about your music tastes, but it crosses the lines in the way you're doing it now. What I mean with respect is that nobody has the right to be called the names they're called for listening the music they listen to. If you can't give them that, you have no right to be here.

The fact is, when confronted with your awfull taste in music, the only argument you have is "it's my opinion". And that's fine, you have the right to listen to shit.

What makes it annoying is that you can't admit it's shit.

How annoying that people don't think alike, isn't it? It's the way the world works - grow up and get over it. The argument is you think it's shit, and I think it's not (and we can get into discussions about technique and composition and the likes but it all comes down to that basic point). Discussions like that are limited, but that's just the way it works.

And it's not that "you don't like what we like"... There are good bands and bad bands. Just because I don't like a good band, it doesn't mean it's not good. If you come around saying you love Social Broken Scene, even if I don't like them, I know they're good, and hence, will not bother you.

This concept works both ways.

Good and bad are terms like quality - you don't decide what it means. Some people must like music to find it good, for some it's even synonymous. Let them.

Also, I don't write off your bands (I hardly comment on them), as I don't know them well and don't pretend to know better than you when to like something and when not to.

There's quality and personal opinion. Two very different things. And yet you can't tell them apart, monsieur DCK.

Very wrong. Quality is a direct consequence of personal opinion, as it's a subjective term. Quality is not an objectively (or by The Bard, or by you) defined something; quality is the sum of all things we find important in certain things, and those definitions vary among people based on their opinions.

Problem is, you choose to ignore that difference in order to live comfortably with yourself. Because deep in your soul, you know those bands you're listening to are shit.

Would you stop pretending I'm trying to defend my music? The Bard's behaviour is ridiculous, that has nothing to do with my music tastes.
Just stating my views, let's not get all worked up about this, ok?
Hehe, hiding behind your opinion are you :wink:

The bottom line is that everybody is allowed an opinion and discussions and comments are welcome. Continuously shitting over everybody's opinions, resorting to personal insults however, is disgusting.

God this thread is always ruined by the same bloody argument with music elitists on one side and 'music is subjective' people on the other. Just put it to rest, no one is going to win this, Bard and O_W will always claim that people have shit taste in music and everyone else will always tell them that they're ***** for saying so. Leave it :heh:

It really is just plain petty however it is a staple of this thread.

I was looking through The Saturdays Telegraph's Review section and was shocked to see who won their best album of the year.

Jamie Fucking T.

Right I'll post the whole 20 'best albums of 2007'..

1. Jamie T - Panic Prevention
  2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
  3. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
  4. LCD Sound System - Sound of Silver
  5. The Good, the Bad and the Queen - The Good, the Bad and the Queen
  6. Artic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
  7. Radiohead - In Rainbows
  8. Bruce Springsteen - Magic
  9. The Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
  10. Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars
  11. Dizzee Rascal - Maths & English
  12. Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
  13. MIA - Kala
  14. Robert Wyatt - Comicopera
  15. Kanye West - Graduation
  16. Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad
  17. Calvin Harris - I Created Disco
  18. PJ Harvey - White Chalk
  19. Burial - Untrue
  20. Roisin Murphy - Overpowered

I'm going to quote the last paragraph from the no1, "Panic Prevention was the best album of 2007. It will go down as one of the great British pop records."

:shakehead:wtf::cry::nono::angry: