NEurope

^ Not really. Not wanting to argue but getting 100 4 stars shows some 'stayability' for an album or songs if it's garnered that over a period of time. Getting 10 5 stars upon release doesn't mean awhole lot. A true piece of musical art isn't judged on how it initially does but is judged on how well it can sustain playability over time. Hence, the world's greatest songs are all over 10 years old because you need that length of time to determine its true greatness.

Rumour going round first muse single may be in this tv programme

Rumour going round first muse single may be in this tv programme

Which TV programme stuwii? *curious*

Which TV programme stuwii? *curious*

Its called madisons island, but if you want something definite muse osaka jam, best bass riff ever

That means that it's impressed 10 different people enough to go to the trouble of rating it 5 stars, and considering they're basically an unheard of band, that's really really impressive.

10 5 stars is much better than 100 4 stars.

I think I might rate it 1 star just to prove how useless your point is.

Ahh I cant believe Faith No More are headlining at Reading now.....damit I want to go.

^ Not really. Not wanting to argue but getting 100 4 stars shows some 'stayability' for an album or songs if it's garnered that over a period of time. Getting 10 5 stars upon release doesn't mean awhole lot. A true piece of musical art isn't judged on how it initially does but is judged on how well it can sustain playability over time. Hence, the world's greatest songs are all over 10 years old because you need that length of time to determine its true greatness.

Plus the only 10 people to rate it would have been fans, since they're an unheard of band and only the fans would know about them anyway.

Find any obscure song on Youtube and it will be full of positive comments due to the fact that people who hate it haven't heard of it yet.

Ahh I cant believe Faith No More are headlining at Reading now.....damit I want to go.

I'm now stuck between spending Friday night in the lock up tent, for Alexisonfire, Anti Flag etc, or heading over to NME just for FNM. Will have to wait and see how the times work out. Don't care about seeing Billy Talent so hopefully I will catch most of FNM after AF!

Been scouring for new music and luckily, I've found a good amount of new stuff that I'm really enjoying. Anyway, these are what I've been listening to:

Shiny Toy Guns - Don't Cry Out (Remix Edition)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Kenotia - Decorating for Cinco de Mayo

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

That means that it's impressed 10 different people enough to go to the trouble of rating it 5 stars, and considering they're basically an unheard of band, that's really really impressive.

10 5 stars is much better than 100 4 stars.

sorry but that's total bollocks.

Yeah Chair's got mixed up logic there.

I've given them a cursory listen a while ago, and can't be arsed trying again. Knowing Chair though, I probably will like them, but it seemed kinda dull last time.

That's rubbish and the point about a song needing to be 10 years old to be great seemed to be a bit off to me as well. Great's the wrong word.... 'classic' status can be acheived after 10 years is more apt surely? :heh:

Been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin the past week. Particular tracks include All My Love, Kashmir, Bron-Yr-Au-Stomp and, as ever, Black Dog :) Just so good, all of it.

I know music that is associated with memories can "transport" you places in your mind, but everytime I listen to The Execution Of All Things by Rilo Kiley, I get a really strong feeling of being back in Florida, like my entire sensory perception is different. My awareness of the space around me (the air and stuff) is completely new.

But I didn't have the album until after I came back from Florida. I did however buy my first Rilo Kiley album there...I don't think that has much to do with it though.

It's not even that nice a feeling. Might just be for how unusual it is.

That's rubbish and the point about a song needing to be 10 years old to be great seemed to be a bit off to me as well. Great's the wrong word.... 'classic' status can be acheived after 10 years is more apt surely? :heh:

Been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin the past week. Particular tracks include All My Love, Kashmir, Bron-Yr-Au-Stomp and, as ever, Black Dog :) Just so good, all of it.

gotta love a bit of zep, Bron-Yr-Au stomp is named after the house they recorded in which is pretty near to where I live in Mid Wales.

This song has been embedded in my head (lol) for days now, and I love it.

Y'know what? Bollocks to Girls Aloud, The Saturdays and the Dirtyslut Dolls, it's all about Girls' Generation! :yay:

Y'know what? Bollocks to Girls Aloud, The Saturdays and the Dirtyslut Dolls, it's all about Girls' Generation! :yay:

You just lost all privileges of calling everyone elses posts crap. :cry: That was simply awful.

It's more interesting to hear than Girls Aloud/Saturdays/PCD, but you can't necessarily say it's any better, considering all the mentioned have some good songs (well maybe not PCDs...).

Yeah, Biology, Wild Horses, Models, Racye Lacey, Swinging London Town, Love is The Key and some I forget on Tangled Up are all great tunes by Girls Aloud.

So I'm probably late on the music front again, but I'm addicted to La Roux - Bulletproof, I looked on itunes and there doesn't seem to be an album of theirs...which saddens me.

I also saw the video, strange, but I really liked the hair! Crazy.

The album massively hyped, and is out in a few days IIRC. I'm gonna get it. Loved what they've put out so far (not heard Quicksand, but less spoilered the better I say).

The album massively hyped, and is out in a few days IIRC. I'm gonna get it. Loved what they've put out so far (not heard Quicksand, but less spoilered the better I say).

Ah thankyou Paj, I might invest in it then, I've been wondering what to spend £20 worth of itunes vouchers on anyway. :yay: