NEurope

"BUT UNDERNEATH SHE'S THE DEVIL'S BITCH."

-------

I love when you find out people have lovely music taste.

A girl at work today mentioned Ys by Joanna Newsom in passing, and how she liked Emily, and I had to stop the conversation right there and shake her hand. And the fact that she has If It Was You by Tegan and Sara on her iPod.

You evidently work in a room for the life.

---

I've decided what I'm doing for my school talent show. It's half just singing a cover of a quite bad Liz Phair song, half performance art, dealing with the side of paedophilia people seem to forget about; the predatory young girl.

Basically twisting the lyrics and dressing up in the junior girls uniform.

Could be poon far though, as it's making a statement no one wants to hear, as severa young girls (including my sister) have been approached by old guys innapropriately outside the school gates.

It was late. It felt funny.

I've mentioned Lady GaGa a lot, but I found some tracks that weren't on the album that I feel the need to mention at this moment in time.

From all the ones I discovered, I love Vanity and Dirty Ice-Cream. No idea why Vanity wasn't on the album, considering it fits in so well with the theme.

Vanity ("Touch me t-touch me baby, but dont mess up my hair!")

Dirty Ice-Cream (I reeeaallly love this one. The playground cheer type bit is ace)

Actually to further disprove your notion Lady Gaga is really 'out there' (I love to be a swine evidentally :p) my housemate loves a band called Avenue D (also females) and I don't know which song but I'm aware one of their lyrics is "If you don't fuck me now I'll have to masturbate". So yeah, could be more hardcore :p

I just read Lady Gaga's "origin story", and while I suppose it makes her more credible than most other female artists at the moment, the fact is, she's not making interesting music...or even particularly good pop/dance music.

She may have been part of the indie scene, but made pop music, but there's no indie sensibilities in her pop music. That would have been something to hear. It's just got pretty generic lyrics (some ok ones, some atrocious ones) and lot's of filler with excellent, consistant production.

I think Miley Cyrus's debut album last year is a lot better as a listen, for a young female singer. Her voice is more interesting, and it doesn't come across as fake. (yada yada Disney, but fact is, the songs are rock-driven, with good lyrics written or co-written by her and actually showcases her mature voice)

I think Miley Cyrus's debut album last year is a lot better as a listen, for a young female singer. Her voice is more interesting, and it doesn't come across as fake. (yada yada Disney, but fact is, the songs are rock-driven, with good lyrics written or co-written by her and actually showcases her mature voice)

Moving onto Miley (I'm sure people must be sick of all the GaGa talk, anyway).

I would agree to an extent. I mean, I would hardly say they are the best lyrics for starters. Some of them are good, some are pretty terrible/cliche. I do love Fly On The Wall, and her voice works very well on it. (If she could sing it live, I would love it even more). Breakout is also another lovely track, even though it's a little "meh" with it's lyrical content. (How many "School sucks" songs does the world need?). Oh, "Full Circle", "Simple Song" and "The Driveway" are three of my favourites.

It's definitely not the album I expected her to come out with though. Not the album you would think a just turned 16 year old would be able to release. I just hope she doesn't go the way most seem to with their second album and make it all "OMGZ LIFE SUCKS".

Have you ever read a review, and known that the author has failed in life?

What about this one?

been listening to the Into THe Wild soundtrack the last few days which is awesome, like the film. Great tracks by Eddie Vedder, anyone else heard it?

Yaah, 'tis very good. Guaranteed, and especially the hidden humming version at the end of the CD, is particularly great

What about this one?

*cries*

I'm going to stab a bitch.

That's all there is to it.

---

I'm listening to the legendary F.U.R.B by Frankee. Remember that? The response song to Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon.

:bowdown:

Moving onto Miley (I'm sure people must be sick of all the GaGa talk, anyway).

I would agree to an extent. I mean, I would hardly say they are the best lyrics for starters. Some of them are good, some are pretty terrible/cliche. I do love Fly On The Wall, and her voice works very well on it. (If she could sing it live, I would love it even more). Breakout is also another lovely track, even though it's a little "meh" with it's lyrical content. (How many "School sucks" songs does the world need?). Oh, "Full Circle", "Simple Song" and "The Driveway" are three of my favourites.

It's definitely not the album I expected her to come out with though. Not the album you would think a just turned 16 year old would be able to release. I just hope she doesn't go the way most seem to with their second album and make it all "OMGZ LIFE SUCKS".

She can and has sung Fly on the Wall live at the AMA's. :grin: Well I thought it was a good performance. :D

I agree she sounds great for a 16 year old and I love her voice as it seems completely different. I like the fact that she writes/co writes her songs such as "7 things" they are not the greatest of lyrics but the fact that she is only 16 means she has a lot of time to mature and I hope she does bring out a fantastic 2nd album as that will really prove she has talent. (which I think she has.)

Anywho my favourites off the Album are "Simple Song, See You Again, Hovering and Fly on the Wall!"

yeah she is unashamedly my favourite artist! :grin:

Haggis you should try some songs out from her Meet Miley CD! There are some good ones that I think you will enjoy! :) I watched an interview thing with her today and she comes off natural and I think she has a great fun personality!

Why has it taken me so long to realise Metric had a new song on their myspace. Especially since it's so kick ass.

Doubt anybody cares but Grammatics debut album album (also called Grammatics) has received a review from audioscribbler. They gave it 10/10 and said

In my life I could name three albums I’d give a ten out of a ten to, they being OK Computer, Kid A and Tigermilk, but somehow, out of nowhere, Grammatics have crafted an album that cannot be given anything other than the same accolade.

Why has this album not been leaked yet so I can hear it and why can I not seem to find the release date for it either.

Yeah they're one of my favourite bands.

Looking like a good year for me with new albums from:

Metric

Thursday

Grammatics

and hopefully Muse

and hopefully Muse

As well as Groove Armada and Gomez, and maybe even Massive Attack. Should be a great year for music.

She can and has sung Fly on the Wall live at the AMA's. :grin: Well I thought it was a good performance. :D

I agree she sounds great for a 16 year old and I love her voice as it seems completely different. I like the fact that she writes/co writes her songs such as "7 things" they are not the greatest of lyrics but the fact that she is only 16 means she has a lot of time to mature and I hope she does bring out a fantastic 2nd album as that will really prove she has talent. (which I think she has.)

Anywho my favourites off the Album are "Simple Song, See You Again, Hovering and Fly on the Wall!"

yeah she is unashamedly my favourite artist! :grin:

Haggis you should try some songs out from her Meet Miley CD! There are some good ones that I think you will enjoy! :) I watched an interview thing with her today and she comes off natural and I think she has a great fun personality!

I actually prefer "Meet Miley Cyrus".

Didn't really get into Breakout.

Moving onto Miley (I'm sure people must be sick of all the GaGa talk, anyway)..

Everyone's sick of Miley too...

:p

(but no seriously. she's shit)

Peeps. And by pepps I mean the ones that look like Daft or Dan or people who share a similar musical taste. I need some (as Flink would say) CHOOOOONS for the post-going out birthday shin' thats happening in a few weeks. Something along the lines of LCD, Hot Chip, Justice. That kinda stuff. Its my birthday and I ain't listening to the middle-of-the-pack R&BPop that always ends up on.

So yes. Bands. Specific songs. Link to youtube vids so I can check it out.

I actually prefer "Meet Miley Cyrus".

Didn't really get into Breakout.

give it another try, for me!

*puppy dog eyes*

:p

Soulwax are pretty good.

This. :)

So yes. Bands. Specific songs. Link to youtube vids so I can check it out.

I'm not sure whether it is what you are looking for but Simian Mobile Disco? :D

I'll always love Soulwax purely for the fact they did they created "Standing In The Way Of Control (Soulwax Nite Remix)".

Daft

Shinichi Osawa

Just so everyone knows. Lady Gaga sucks.

I do have a real view on music, as well as liking good pop/rock music...

Stuck On Repeat by Little Boots is awesome, it was free on iTunes a few days ago, dunno if it still is.

Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Remix) "by" Kylie Minogue is my newest favourite remix. I would also recommend Fischerspooner in general.

Under The Gun by Supreme Beings Of Leisure is also awesome, but a bit more "loungey" than "dancey".

also

Hands Around My Throat by Death In Vegas.

I do have a real view on music, as well as liking good pop/rock music...

This annoys me, hugely. (If you're saying what I think you are)

This annoys me, hugely. (If you're saying what I think you are)

I see what you are on about, but I really mean that I like a whole range of music, including good pop and pop/rock, when people often seem to disregard you IF you like that at all.

I see what you are on about, but I really mean that I like a whole range of music, including good pop and pop/rock, when people often seem to disregard you IF you like that at all.

Ah, I get you. I see what you were trying to say now. Apologies, I just thought you were doing the whole "All Pop/Rock music is shit, it's not real music" etc etc. :smile: