NEurope

the best album of 2009 was released yesterday

61dsWYvBxIL._SS500_.jpg

check it

OMG! Merriweather Post Pavilion is out? :o

DO WANT! :grin:

I have not really listened to them yet but I seriously need to. :) I have one of their other albums Strawberry Jam!

Those two cover arts just gave me a brain fart. Good job I'm not pissed or I would've have freaked long ago.

Anyone listened to Birdy Nam Nam - The Parachute Ending?

Produced by Justice.

It's like Justice just decided to steal everything Danger has done and vomit it into a vocoder.

Doesn't mean I don' like it. I'm just not impressed.

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTONS.

Ahem. They are rather good, have to be in a fuck buttons mood to listen though. Not exactly easy listening. Quality though.

Max Tundra, how is that? Meant to get the latest.

A friend described them as being electrocuted in a silk bed, which I think is pretty apt.

tundra is pretty spectacular. Suggest you get on that post haste.

Stan is indeed a very good song. Everything eminem released around that period was pure ecstasy. Oh and btw i'll message you back soon once i'm done with revision..miss you!

And Paj Meen Ah...Mulholland is my friends surname who happened to be the lead character in a movie I made called Badminton Boy (i started a thread based on the trailer which is on youtube a while back...should really upload the whole thing).

Listened to some GYm Class Heroes today, REALLY good stuff. Cookie Jar is as addictive as hell...

'I wanna be faithful but i can't keep my hands out the cookie jar...'

Such a fit line.

And yes, im expecting a message back from you soon mister!

tsk tsk

but yeah...miss youuu :)

The final 3 matches of Music Warz! Round 1 are up now. Go vote, even if you didn't nominate!

I'm currently thinking of themes for the eventual Music Warz! 2...liking "80's", as long as everyone bases it on the song, not on how iconic it is or anything.

I probably wouldn't play an 80s MW. Don't care for it. Now a 90's one, however..

I probably wouldn't play an 80s MW. Don't care for it. Now a 90's one, however..

Fairs fair, but I wanted a real distinct theme..I felt there's a real 80's sound, whereas the 90's sound isn't quite as distinctive.

Might do "Movie songs", but I'd need to decide on normal songs that appeared on soundtracks, or theme tunes etc. Plus the actual movies would affect voting in that, I would expect.

I prefer;

soulwax_nite_versions.jpg

my eyeeeeeees! Lol... Is the imagename the name of the album? I really can't read it on the picture.

my eyeeeeeees! Lol... Is the imagename the name of the album? I really can't read it on the picture.

Yes it is.

It becomes clearer the further away you are from it.

Yes it is.

It becomes clearer the further away you are from it.

*nods in agreement*

I love it. You assume you have to stare into the depths for it to work, when in fact you're meant to look away.

The third Britney Spears single from "Circus" will be "F.U.C.K Me"...Oh wait sorry, "If U Seek Amy".

I'm loving the single choices. Now they just need "Unusual You" to round off the album. God, I can't wait for the video. It's either going to tragically awesome, or just plain tragic.

Oh, and some "Mothers Association" in Austrailia has called for the album to have parental guidance sticker on it because of that lyric. Apparently a mother heard her 7 year old daughter singing it, and realised what it actually sounded like. Somehow, I think a mother should realise Britney = blatent yet dumb sexual lyrics. Douche.

--

Lady Gaga - Poker Face Live / With Piano (Sounds COMPLETELY different to the studio version. It's like a different song entirely.)

Oh and her album is out on the 12th - I.e, next monday. BUY IT.

Just posted two awesome new songs. Both Justice related for anyone who's interested.

Justices' latest production, Birdy Nam Nam's The Parachute Ending which I mention earlier in the thread.

Also a remix of another Justice production, Disco Sirens by Midfield General. Much better than the original imo.

Both are awesome and you can get them at http://www.daftvice.com . :smile:

The third Britney Spears single from "Circus" will be "F.U.C.K Me"...Oh wait sorry, "If U Seek Amy".

I'm loving the single choices. Now they just need "Unusual You" to round off the album. God, I can't wait for the video. It's either going to tragically awesome, or just plain tragic.

--

I don't mind the video of ''If U seek amy'' being bad, the song is pretty good, as is the whole album. I hope she releases ''Unusual you'' soon, that's probably one of the better, besides Circus that is.

Lady Gaga's songs seem interesting, I quite like Dance, reminds me of Alice in Videoland slightly..hmm.

Lady Gaga - Poker Face Live / With Piano (Sounds COMPLETELY different to the studio version. It's like a different song entirely.)

Even though you warned it me it was different I was not expecting that. :D I really enjoyed it, not so much to begin with but then it gets good. ^___^

Ooh I wanted If U Seek Amy to be (or Mmm..Papi) Any love for My Baby of her album. As I was listening to it the other day without realising and I thought it was one of her old songs and was shocked to find it was off Circus!

Also Tegan and Sara are perfect revision music! :) The Con brought musical excellence to my ears and powered me through the day!

Also Animal Collective sound nothing what I thought they would sound like they sound SO much better. win. :yay:

:o

Yet another Album I immediately need to buy!!! Firstly I need to gather some cash up from somewhere.... :/

Ooh I wanted If U Seek Amy to be (or Mmm..Papi) Any love for My Baby of her album. As I was listening to it the other day without realising and I thought it was one of her old songs and was shocked to find it was off Circus!

If U Seek Amy is realistically the logical choice in terms of being the next best song off the album (better than the first 2 singles as well...). Unusual You is good too. Mmm....Papi and My Baby are a bit shit.

Also Tegan and Sara are perfect revision music! :) The Con brought musical excellence to my ears and powered me through the day!

The Con is definitely among my favourite albums ever. It's so perfectly complete.

Yet another Album I immediately need to buy!!! Firstly I need to gather some cash up from somewhere.... :/

Do eeeet.

That was about 5x better than the album version.

I heard elements of Sia Furler and others like her in that performance. However, it does highlight how silly she can look in her costumes. I'm all for interesting arty dress-sense on artists...but It doesn't really work when she does a really ood performance like this!

*would just prefer she did this kinda music, as the lyrics work way better in this format too*

Kitsuné Maison Compilation 6 is out. :)

01. Lo-Fi-Fnk - Want U

02. La Roux - Quicksand

03. Pnau - With You Forever

04. You Love Her Coz She’s Dead - Superheroes

05. Ted & Francis - I Wish I Was A Polar Bear (Arctic Urgency Edit)

06. Digitalism - Taken Away (Instrumental)

07. Autokratz - Stay The Same (Edit)

08. Beni - My Love Sees You

09. Fischerspooner - Danse En France (D.I.M. Remix)

10. Etienne De Crecy Et Monsieur Jo - Hanukkah

11. Streetlife DJs - We Love the Disco Sound (Radio Edit)

12. A-Trak - Say Whoa

13. We Have Band - Hear It in the Cans (DIY Version)

14. Heartsrevolution - Ultraviolence

15. Grovesnor - Drive Your Car (Hot Chip Remix)

16. David E Sugar - Although You May Laugh

17. Appaloosa - The Day We Fell In Love

18. Piste Presque Fantôme

19. The Shoes - Let’s Go

Julien-K's debut album, Death to Analog, finally has a release date; March 10th. Oh yes!!! :grin: I don't know if there's going to be a huge UK release, so I pre-ordered it here: http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/artist.php?artist=Julien+K

For those of you that don't know anything about this band, here's a summary:

Julien-K is the brainchild of two of the founding members of the platinum selling group Orgy; Amir Derakh and Ryan Shuck. Fusing the elements of dark electronic club music with styles of modern rock & pop, Julien-K are at the forefront of the electronic music scene. Joined by drummer Elias Andra and studio collaborator and cohort Brandon Belsky on keyboards & vocals, Julien-K push the boundaries of what traditional electronic music is supposed to be with explosive live performances that are larger than life. Executive Produced by Chester Bennington of Linkin’ Park, their debut album Death to Analog provides a sweeping landscape of musical influences and themes that pull the listener into their world on a first listen; A world where technology is fused with artistic expression in a way that has not been attempted before.

http://www.myspace.com/julienk

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You (30 second clip)

I'm already loving how the verses sound, unsure about the chorus though.

It's like "My December" never happened. (To be fair, that was expected. She was SO succesful with "Breakaway" that she had the power to make the album she "wanted". Now, it's back to Power-Pop.)