NEurope

But right now :heart: Higher by The Cardigans (which I think is Daft's doing).

I'd say the Cardigans are my dirty little secret but quite frankly I think they are one of the most underrated bands in the world. I love them.

Gran Turismo is a simply awesome album. 'Higher' is brilliant. Currently I love hearing 'Nil'.

If you can get hold of any of their acoustic version they are definitely worth a listen.

That's sorted out what I'm going to listen to in bed tonight.

I'd say the Cardigans are my dirty little secret but quite frankly I think they are one of the most underrated bands in the world. I love them.

Gran Turismo is a simply awesome album. 'Higher' is brilliant. Currently I love hearing 'Nil'.

If you can get hold of any of their acoustic version they are definitely worth a listen.

That's sorted out what I'm going to listen to in bed tonight.

....YOU'RE

THE STORM

THAT

I'VE

BEEN NEEDING!

I love that song.

I have their greatest hits, but didn't really latch onto it in a big way, but it was enjoyable.

I wouldn't think their Greatest Hits would be a great place to get into them. All their albums have a very different feel to them so I couldn't really see how they would work as well when compiled...if that makes sense.

I've said severla bad words against her.

Her image can't last, as it's so very bling and hip that it ends up overtly fake, as if it all might fall off at any moment.

I'm not sure that until you prove yourself with a really good album behind you, you should be waltzing around dressed as a pyramid.

Yes, because going on stage dressed as a pyramid really only makes sense once you have a "good" album behind you....:heh: (Which in my eyes, she does).

Also, the image thing? That's crap imo. "It's not going to last"? Why not? I really don't see your point in the slightest. If that's what she wants to do with her shows/wear then she'll do it for as long as she pleases. She's actually done an interview saying she's had to "tone down her shows" since making it big. She wants to get back to how she "used to do it". Therefore, I can only see it getting more "overtly fake", as you put it. Personally, I can't wait. :D

And the bad word thing, I meant off these forums (in "real life" so to speak) though I realise now I didn't really make that clear.

I dunno to me she seems the definition of flash in the pan. She has this big splashy first album with a crazy image and really doesn't have the chops to make it last. She seems completely style over content. Like she wanted to dress up all crazy like and figured the best way to showcase this would be through singing.

I dunno to me she seems the definition of flash in the pan. She has this big splashy first album with a crazy image and really doesn't have the chops to make it last. She seems completely style over content. Like she wanted to dress up all crazy like and figured the best way to showcase this would be through singing.

Try the album, watch some interviews/live performances and you'll see that's totally her. If you still have the same opinion after doing so, then okay I obviously can't persaude you otherwise. :smile:

I mean, she can come off as obnoxious, overly confident and a little crazy. But what I'm trying to say is that's her. She's not being fake. I'm probably making no sense, but fuck it.

The thing that tarnishes Lady Gaga is that Roisin Murphy did the exact same thing a year-and-a-half ago - dressed crazily and did totally over-the-top performances. The difference being that Roisin actually had a brilliant album behind her.

Lady Gaga just feels like a rip-off, with a more mainstream and less interesting album.

Mhm, and (going by year earlier point which I agree with to an extend; to be 'wacky' you need to establish yourself first, otherwise its clear that 'wackiness' is your selling point and not quality) she did have Moloko behind her first.

So anyway to not be (some word) I've just checked out Poker Face and Just Dance. I don't see the hype. It reminds me of...Cascada. That kind of middle-of-the-pack semi-dance stuff you'll hear in clubs up and down the country. Her image has just been designed to seem different (and in my personal opinion for the most part to target the pink pound/dollar).

(and does anyone else think "pokerface" is kinda an absurd thing to sing or is it just my corrupt mind?)

(and obviously, each their own if you like her great. I just don't see the hype)

the whites boy alive's new album has been leaked.

There is one track off it on their MySpace, 'Island'. Sounds promising.

Well now, Cascada can't be compared to anyone, they're awful. :p

But yeah, Ashley made it clearer than I did, that it comes across as a selling-point. Especially as her music doesn't reflect the style.

If she did her piano music, which WAS wacky, the style would seem much cooler. But I harked on about long enough. The album's fun enough, but nothing special.

(and does anyone else think "pokerface" is kinda an absurd thing to sing or is it just my corrupt mind?)

(and obviously, each their own if you like her great. I just don't see the hype)

Yeah I still, to this day, swear that she's saying "F*** her face" at the "P-p-p-pokerface" You're not the only one. However I disagree with her sounding like Cascada.

Mhm, and (going by year earlier point which I agree with to an extend; to be 'wacky' you need to establish yourself first, otherwise its clear that 'wackiness' is your selling point and not quality) she did have Moloko behind her first.

So anyway to not be (some word) I've just checked out Poker Face and Just Dance. I don't see the hype. It reminds me of...Cascada. That kind of middle-of-the-pack semi-dance stuff you'll hear in clubs up and down the country. Her image has just been designed to seem different (and in my personal opinion for the most part to target the pink pound/dollar).

Cascada? Leave this place and never return. Now. :heh:

Okay, I can see why someone may not like her etc. But for the love of God, don't compare her, or her music to the travesty that is both Cascada and "Chavvy" dance music in general.

Yeah I still, to this day, swear that she's saying "F*** her face" at the "P-p-p-pokerface" You're not the only one. However I disagree with her sounding like Cascada.

I'm so glad someone else does too! It's not all the time, it's just the last "poker face" in every chorus bit. It sounds so much like Fuck her face, it's mental.

For all my criticising of her/her popularity/appreciation of her, I love Pararazzi, and other select moments from the album. The verses of Poker Face, the title track and Boys Boys Boys iirc.

-----

Bought Want One and Want Two by Rufus Wainwright the other day, and they're both excellent.

Could need his other stuff.

I know officially know the music of (and like) two members of the Wainwright family.

the whites boy alive's new album has been leaked.

There is one track off it on their MySpace, 'Island'. Sounds promising.

Aw, I saw the word "Island" in the music thread and thought someone else had discovered the brilliant Islands. Great band, don't listen to them enough actually.

Also, taking myself back a year I seem to remember detesting Paramore and posting about it in here when everyone was skeeting over "Riot!". I now love them. Listening to both albums, sorta for the first time and I like what I'm hearing.

Aw, I saw the word "Island" in the music thread and thought someone else had discovered the brilliant Islands. Great band, don't listen to them enough actually.

Also, taking myself back a year I seem to remember detesting Paramore and posting about it in here when everyone was skeeting over "Riot!". I now lovelike them quite a bit. Listening to both albums, sorta for the first time and I like what I'm hearing.

Whoops.

meh. Paramore suck :heh:

Yeah. I think maybe I overstated things a bit. They're good, catchy etc. I don't love 'em.

Though I'm on the way T_T

Cascada? Leave this place and never return. Now. :heh:

Okay, I can see why someone may not like her etc. But for the love of God, don't compare her, or her music to the travesty that is both Cascada and "Chavvy" dance music in general.

I'm so glad someone else does too! It's not all the time, it's just the last "poker face" in every chorus bit. It sounds so much like Fuck her face, it's mental.

They look similar and, to me, I have the same enthusiasm toward both of their musics. Not something I'd like to hear but no doubt I'll hear it in a club at some point.

For all my criticising of her/her popularity/appreciation of her, I love Pararazzi, and other select moments from the album. The verses of Poker Face, the title track and Boys Boys Boys iirc.

-----

Bought Want One and Want Two by Rufus Wainwright the other day, and they're both excellent.

Could need his other stuff.

I know officially know the music of (and like) two members of the Wainwright family.

Rufus is great. I really like 'Instant Pleasure', 'Vibrate' and 'Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk'. (as well as others)

Just checking out some random Little Boots stuff on youtube. Nice, but not the best quality or anything. Cover of American Boy which was kinda fun, some Miley Cyrus song, Hot Chip's 'Ready for the Floor' and Meddle.

Any recs?

Have you ever read a review, and known that the author has failed in life?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/15905-kate-bush-aerial

The fact that he barely mentions the second disc, A Sky Of Honey- which is no doubt one of Kate Bush's greatest achievements, says alot...

It didn't get a bad score....I mean, it's not mind-blowing, but I so prefer it as a whole to a lot of her other albums.

----

I just bought;

GraceJonesHurricane.jpg

I'd heard only good things about her in the past, I know she was pretty foward-thinkign back in the day, but this isn't like the old stuff I've heard, bit mroe jazzy, and I think fully written by her (for the first time). She's awesome though.

This is my voice, my weapon of choice.