NEurope

Yeah I know them. They're rather nice for a bit of a sunny chillout. I'd recommend them muchly if that's what you're after.

also:

2199611463_78450ed2b2.jpg?v=0%20

I'm enjoying a new song by Paramore called Decode for the movie Twilight. It's good. Slightly different to some of their other stuff. Perhaps this is an avenue for which they will take the next album? who knows. Regardless if they do or don't, it'll still be a good album like Riot!

Yeah I know them. They're rather nice for a bit of a sunny chillout. I'd recommend them muchly if that's what you're after.

also:

2199611463_78450ed2b2.jpg?v=0%20

Thanks, I might buy a few songs. Haha, that picture is great XD I think next time I have a music related question I'm just gonna send you a pm =P

Dan_dare! You totally need to fix me up with some mogwai.

Also, I've decided I need to actually get some kick-ass music - and by that I mean stuff like this that I can rave like a monkey to. Any tips, gardeners?

I was reading the Gay Times review of Katy Perry's album, and they went on a massive rant about how I Kissed A Girl "doesn't even validate homosexual experimentation, but is merely an affirmation of her heterosexuality", and how Ur So Gay "pushes antiquated ideals in a watered-down form, set to the backdrop of recycled Kelly Clarkson demos and Avril Lavigne off-cuts".

They then go on to rate it 0 out of 5.

Lol.

------

Possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen/heard.

I was reading the Gay Times review of Katy Perry's album, and they went on a massive rant about how I Kissed A Girl "doesn't even validate homosexual experimentation, but is merely an affirmation of her heterosexuality", and how Ur So Gay "pushes antiquated ideals in a watered-down form, set to the backdrop of recycled Kelly Clarkson demos and Avril Lavigne off-cuts".

They then go on to rate it 0 out of 5.

Lol.

It's getting so grating now, hearing gay blogs/websites and the like basically calling "Ur So Gay" watered down homophobia and implying she's being totally negative towards gay people. It's a song she wrote about her ex-boyfriend, that's all. Like she says, she wasn't saying it as in "You're so lame" she was just saying basically the guy should've been gay. It bugs me how people seem to take offence over the slightest thing nowadays.

0 out of 5 my arse. I'm not saying it should be 5, but a 0 is ridiculous.

0 out of 5 my arse. I'm not saying it should be 5, but a 0 is ridiculous.

Yeah, that kinda ruins the whole review, since I hate when people rate things on anything other than quality.

Like if they had rated it a 2, fair enough, mediorce pop - you might as well. 0 just destroys any credibility the review has.

That said, gays do rants very well, and its quite entertaining to read.

------

Possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen/heard.

Didn't Tilly & The Wall used to be way more indie-r than this?

New Rise Against and Senses Fail albums have leaked.

Rise Against leaked a few days ago. It came out 2 days ago in Japan so. Its pretty good but their other albums areso much better

Just thought I would ask if anyone has heard Lemon Jelly before and if they like them or not? Browsing some of their stuff on iTunes and it looks like it may be worth a purchase.

Definately worth searching out. If Lost Horizons doesn't make you smile at least once during proceedings you must have a heart of lead. Also worth searching out The Fruity Track.

Bought some Lemon Jelly songs from iTunes, namely Space Walk, 88 and Return to Patagonia. I really like them, Spacewalk indeed made me smile. I also just bought the extended edition of Brotherhood on download for the low low price of £0- I obtained a voucher for a free album and it worked for the extended edition! I have much new music now =)

UK stars Placebo spent two months with us at Metalworks this summer. They tracked their new album in studio 1 and continued overdubs in studio 6. The session was produced by legendary producer David Bottrill and was engineered by James Brown. The session was assissted by Kevin Dietz.

Rise Against leaked a few days ago. It came out 2 days ago in Japan so. Its pretty good but their other albums areso much better

Yeah I only just checked last night. Gutted that I was a few days late :p

And on first listen, I have to agree; it's probably the weakest of their albums, so far at least. Still pretty good though, I need to listen to it a few more times though.

The new Senses Fail, again on first listen, is awesome.

Again behind *digs to find new rise against album*

With uni I've done nothing but listen to chart music, but I've really taken to james morrison - you make it real. I'm not normally taken with slow songs like this, but it's ''pretty''.

New Rise Against and Senses Fail albums have leaked.

Oooh, where did you find the Senses Fail album? I might nip out and buy it actually, didn't realise it was out today!

It's out the 7th, but I "acquired" it last night. I intend on buying it anyway, but early is early.

Rise Agaisnt. What the fuck happened to them? Revolutions Per Minute was a fantastic album, they looked ever so promising... and then they went and took a giant dump on their career!! I mean, Siren Song of the Counter Culture wasn't horrible, but it was nowhere near good, either! And The Sufferer & the Witness was just plain garbage. The reason I mention this is because I just checked out 2 or 3 songs from Appeal To Reason, and seriously, man, what the flying fuck? What the fuck happened to these guys, it's like their soul took a permanent vacation or something! God, I miss good punk so very badly. =/

Senses Fail

:laughing:

Rise Agaisnt. What the fuck happened to them? Revolutions Per Minute was a fantastic album, they looked ever so promising... and then they went and took a giant dump on their career!! I mean, Siren Song of the Counter Culture wasn't horrible, but it was nowhere near good, either! And The Sufferer & the Witness was just plain garbage. The reason I mention this is because I just checked out 2 or 3 songs from Appeal To Reason, and seriously, man, what the flying fuck? What the fuck happened to these guys, it's like their soul took a permanent vacation or something! God, I miss good punk so very badly. =/

:laughing:

RPM was awesome. Siren Song is my personal favourite of theirs. The newer two aren't quite as good; they're getting progressively less agressive. Still loved both of them, though. Appeal to Reason is way too soft, though.

Senses Fail; lol emo, lol pop-punk, lol repetitive, whatever. I like 'em.

Senses Fail are amazing in my opinion too. One of my faavourite bands in fact, although Still Searching wasn't nearly as good as From The Depths Of Dreams or Let It Enfold You.

New Bat For Lashes song up on her MySpace. Different to her other stuff, more organic-beats based, but still very her. Makes me happy remembering her next album should be out soon.

Bought the Another World EP by Antony & The Johnsons, their pre-release before The Crying Light at the end of the year/start of next year. Not listened yet, but should be great!

Bought the Another World EP by Antony & The Johnsons, their pre-release before The Crying Light at the end of the year/start of next year. Not listened yet, but should be great!

I've heard 'Shake that Devil' and I have to say I really like that track. Will wait for the release of their full album though, can't wait. =D

I've heard 'Shake that Devil' and I have to say I really like that track. Will wait for the release of their full album though, can't wait. =D

Buy the EP!

I doubt all the songs will be on the album, a bit like The Lake EP.