• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Argh! I just stumbled up about 10 Avril Lavigne B-Sides from her older albums that never made it onto her record. I'm in love with like half of them, this is what she needs to go back to on her next record.

"Daydream" and "Take It" are about 50,000 times better than anything on her newest record.

I know she'll probably just go in more of the same direction as this record, which is fine, but I still have a little bit of hope it's be a little more acoustic like. Also, why she didn't put "I Will Be" on The Best Damn Thing, I don't know - But like Katy Perry said it was stupid of her not too.

A lot of the time, the guys in charge control what gets onto an album (in commercial artists).

I know, but she actually stated she chose not to put it on the album, same with "Alone". She always says that she's the one that decides everything about her albums, and then she goes and doesn't put two of the best songs on it. "Alone" beats basically everything else on the album hands down.

I know, but she actually stated she chose not to put it on the album, same with "Alone". She always says that she's the one that decides everything about her albums, and then she goes and doesn't put two of the best songs on it. "Alone" beats basically everything else on the album hands down.

I'm not familar with any of her B-sides, only her albums. And to be honest, her third album wouldn't be too hard to better. However, she seemed to have produced more pop-rocky songs , so perhaps the overall effect of the album would only be lowered by the inclusion of jarring songs?

----

In other news; Portishead's second album is intimate imensity.

@ Somme - yeh I heard it while watching it earlier. It's actually a really good cover of Bush's song. Much better than her version.

'Hallelujah' by Jeff Buckley was on one of the episodes in the first season. That's what I'm watching through at the moment. Was on episode 2. The one where Luke/Ryan burns down the house.

I will say though that the OC introduced me to loads of music I would never have listened to, case in point: Into Dust by Mazzy Star. If I hadn't heard it I would have simply dismissed it.

@ Somme - yeh I heard it while watching it earlier. It's actually a really good cover of Bush's song. Much better than her version.

'Hallelujah' by Jeff Buckley was on one of the episodes in the first season. That's what I'm watching through at the moment. Was on episode 2. The one where Luke/Ryan burns down the house.

I will say though that the OC introduced me to loads of music I would never have listened to, case in point: Into Dust by Mazzy Star. If I hadn't heard it I would have simply dismissed it.

In the the last episode of Season 3 - "Graduation" Hallelujah (Imogen Heaps cover) was played whilst Marissa dies. I literally just finished watched it, and that songs works so well with the scene. Damn, I miss the O.C.

*Groans massively*

Vocals-wise, Kate Bush is just leagues better than Placebo's vocalist (I forget his name).

You might say Placebo's version is more poignant and emotional, but then Kate Bush has done live performances of RUTH in the same vein, but much better because her voice isn't really annoying to listen to.

It's just wrong to say their version is better than hers, let alone much better.

*Groans massively*

Vocals-wise, Kate Bush is just leagues better than Placebo's vocalist (I forget his name).

You might say Placebo's version is more poignant and emotional, but then Kate Bush has done live performances of RUTH in the same vein, but much better because her voice isn't really annoying to listen to.

It's just wrong to say their version is better than hers, let alone much better.

While I love Placebo (probably the only band one of us loves, and the other hates!), their version is only different to Kate's, not better. In most cases I'd listen to Kate's over theirs, however, theirs is darker.

@ chairdriver - it all comes down to taste. I personally never liked Kate Bush's original version of the song. I've always enjoyed the covers more. I loved Within Temptation's cover and I love Placebo's cover. I'm of the opinion that Placebo's is the best. However, as I said, it comes purely down to taste.

@ JonSt - That cover of Champagne Supernova is great. It's still one of my most regularly played songs.

covers are problematic.

The Futureheads version of Hounds of Love is nowhere near as good as the original, but it sometimes feels like comparing them is a bad idea. they feel very different- like the lyrics are about completely different emotions.

I much prefer the Futurehead's cover of Hounds of Love than Placebo's cover of RUTH.

But then I do prefer Hounds of Love as a song.