NEurope

I just saw this again, and realised how much I loved it. I love Britneys opening, especially considering after this she began to embrace her inner slag (Aka I'm A Slave For You). Plus, the massive commotion it caused, even though it was just a simple kiss...and then the fact everyone ignored Aguilera did it too because she was already a bit of a slag (aka Dirrty).

It was basically the last time Britney would ever be described as America's Sweetheart. That one kiss, bought about a whole new era for her, which in retrospect is kind of tragic considering it was just a kiss.

(Oh, and the fact Madonna performs what I consider to be one of her best songs adds to the awesomeness)

For the last two days, I've been listening a lot to Starsailor's new album, All The Plans. I just love it. I always was a bit of a fan of them (even though I never bought their third album, and seem to have lost one of the other ones =( ). This album is just really nice though, with some really beautiful songs on it.

Makes me wish I could see them... blah to dad for giving away a ticket to someone else. >.<;

Yeah...OK.

--

The Saturdays failed to reach number 1 with their comic relief single, instead reaching number 2. Even though they are the first not to do so, they sold more than the last 4 comic relief singles have in their first week. Flo Rida is at number one this week.

A bit annoying, but Flo Rida's track is damn catchy.

I think Just Can't Get Enough is better than Flo Rida, but I find myself abnormally attracted to them both. (Since I dislike everything I've heard from both parties)

----

Paj's Pitch Perfect Picks

Cannot recommend this enough. This is in my favourite songs ever. It's just astounding. The lyrics, the atmosphere of gentle, haunting, creeping sexual awakening vs. upbringing is perfect. (Icicle - Tori Amos)

If you didn't like what you heard of her in the MUSIC WARZ!, don't be out off, she's the most versatile artists I know of.

I love Britneys opening, especially considering after this she began to embrace her inner slag (Aka I'm A Slave For You).

I don't like that video, it doesn't really work that well, but I have to point out that it was performed after Britney Spears released that song. It was in support of American Life by Madonna, hence why it has her doing a current song (at the time) and the other two doing her older song. :woops:

I found that KoRn song to be one of the blandest and derivitive things I've ever heard, and derived no enjoyment from. I'd have preferred if it was just instrumental.

Why do you keep putting me in a bad mood?...

Never mind. KoRn's always good for me when I'm in a bad mood. :D

Polly Scattergood's debut album.

:heart:

I love when people make the album versions of songs different to the single. I Hate The Way has the lovliest ending ever on the album version.

Dissapointed that Number 24 isn't on the album. Unless it's called something else, but I'm pretty positive it is called Number 24, because it's what all the fans rave about.

*Loves that Poem Song is featured - the greatest B-side*

Was just recommened by a friend to listen to HORSE the band. Pretty awesome stuff - their keyboardist uses a GameBoy for 8bit sounds :heh:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Maximo Park - Wraithlike

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

New song from Maximo Park. Download it here. I love it, as great as their other stuff. Can't wait for the album Quicken The Heart.

Dan's Dude I fuckin' Love it! Of the day: HLLLYH - The Mae Shi

I love them too much, so fun

On another note, disappointing lack of Spotify playlist additions of late... there was a tonne in the first week or so but then like nothing...

Was just recommened by a friend to listen to HORSE the band. Pretty awesome stuff - their keyboardist uses a GameBoy for 8bit sounds :heh:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love HORSE the Band and how can you not love a band that has a song called Birdo and a song about killing bunnys.

And I've just remembered how great the lyrics to manateen are simply because I think a lot of us feel like this at some point.:

I feel like I'm becoming a

Butterly or a golden bee.

My smile's like razorblades:

When I smile

It cuts bloody deep.

My body's on the magazine,

My face on the TV,

My voice on the radio.

That's me in my dream.

When I open my eyes

I see I'm a piece of shit!

A worthless coward!

A vapid whore!

A moral-less refugee

Covered in sores!

A blithering sea cow

Lost in its dreams!

Nobody likes me, yeah!

Nobody likes me at all!

Nobody likes me, yeah!

Wet, blue world fills me up-

I find I'm deep inside.

Waves crash and I breathe water,

But I haven't died!

I won't come up..

I won't come up for air!

I won't come up..

I won't come up for air!

And beneath the waves,

I hide my head in darker water

And nobody sees.

I cut myself-

Hope to draw you in,

But even the sharks pass by;

Someone please explain.

All alone I'm growing colder.

Laughter like cancer over my shoulder.

Mirrors like hatchets to the world of my face.

You know I'm a complete..

I'm a complete disgrace!

I'm not a manatee!

I'm not a manatee!

Just leave me alone!

Just leave me alone!

And beneath the sea,

I give up and I descend

And I'm finally free!

And in the end...

Fills me deep inside.

But I haven't died!

Never!

With a furious poison in my heart,

Will I return from the darker waters?

I let the tide tear me apart!

Never!

With a furious poison in my veins,

I'll hold my breath and wait for change!

I die-

It's a suicide.

My body swallowed by a big blue violence

And into the endless tide.

I won't come up!

I won't come up!

I won't come up for air tonight.

I won't come up!

I won't come up!

Cold

And all alone,

I held my own

But now I give up!

Hello UK!

We are pleased to announce that Brand New has just confirmed a series of dates in your backyard this coming June. All the dates are listed below. General tickets go on sale this Friday the 13th of March, there will be a special presale this wednesday March 11th starting at 9am.

June 23 Manchester @ Academy (gigsandtours.co.uk)

June 24 Glasgow @ Barrowland (ticketmaster.co.uk)

June 26 Birmingham @ O2 Academy (gigsandtours.co.uk)

June 27 London @ Forum (gigsandtours.co.uk)

What did i tell you? :D So hope i can get someone to go to Manchester with me even though its day before Glasto ad i have to drive 250 miles the next day :P

;sflgijsm;rdkljc;9gtrfcjmgdilhutg;fljhe,lngssd

BRAND FUCKING NEW.

What's brand new?

My favourite band ever. Best gig I've ever been to. Called up my best mate once I read Davey T's post and we both shouted so loud in excitement.

Must get tickets!

I love HORSE the Band and how can you not love a band that has a song called Birdo and a song about killing bunnys.

And I've just remembered how great the lyrics to manateen are simply because I think a lot of us feel like this at some point.:

I feel like I'm becoming a

Butterly or a golden bee.

My smile's like razorblades:

When I smile

It cuts bloody deep.

My body's on the magazine,

My face on the TV,

My voice on the radio.

That's me in my dream.

When I open my eyes

I see I'm a piece of shit!

A worthless coward!

A vapid whore!

A moral-less refugee

Covered in sores!

A blithering sea cow

Lost in its dreams!

Nobody likes me, yeah!

Nobody likes me at all!

Nobody likes me, yeah!

I find I'm deep inside.

But I haven't died!

I won't come up..

I won't come up for air!

I won't come up..

I won't come up for air!

And beneath the waves,

I hide my head in darker water

And nobody sees.

I cut myself-

Hope to draw you in,

But even the sharks pass by;

Someone please explain.

All alone I'm growing colder.

Laughter like cancer over my shoulder.

Mirrors like hatchets to the world of my face.

You know I'm a complete..

I'm a complete disgrace!

I'm not a manatee!

I'm not a manatee!

Just leave me alone!

Just leave me alone!

And beneath the sea,

I give up and I descend

And I'm finally free!

And in the end...

Fills me deep inside.

But I haven't died!

Never!

With a furious poison in my heart,

I let the tide tear me apart!

Never!

With a furious poison in my veins,

I'll hold my breath and wait for change!

I die-

It's a suicide.

My body swallowed by a big blue violence

And into the endless tide.

I won't come up!

I won't come up!

I won't come up!

I won't come up!

Cold

And all alone,

I held my own

But now I give up!

Band of Horses >>>>> Horse The Band

almost annoyed that I wont be in the country when Brand New tour again :D

Fuckkkk. The Glasgow date is my friends birthday - dunno if he will be able to go. I need to make another friend listen to Brand New, and fast. If it comes to it, I may be prepared to go alone.

Music Videos on Youtube will be unavailable for UK users.

Music videos will reportedly be blocked for British YouTube users because of "prohibitive" licensing fees.

Google Inc took the decision after being unable to reach a rights deal with the songwriters's collection society PRS, according to Reuters.

Representatives for the video sharing site said that PRS was asking it to pay much more than its previous licensing agreement.

"The costs are simply prohibitive for us - under PRS's proposed terms we would lose significant amounts of money with every playback," the company said in a blog.

In December, Warner Music pulled its material from the site following a breakdown in negotiations over payment.

Warner was reportedly unhappy with the amount of money being offered and was demanding better royalties and more competitive advertising rates.

Meh, Spotify is the future.

spotify:track:6inoo036VDwnaED67vo7iw

Although it is annoying.

Would this even effect the ones uploaded by other people (of which there are thousands)?

Yeah, probably. The companies can ask Youtube to take down the videos due to copyright infringement.

That said, if you make a user video to a song they can't do shit about it. Fair Use.

Yeah, probably. The companies can ask Youtube to take down the videos due to copyright infringement.

True. I forgot about scanning thing they have on the site. It's annoying that you can't even use small clips from some shows. I made a music video using clips from Drive (was canned after 4 episodes, no DVD or any way to buy/watch the show) and that got blocked straight away.

That said, if you make a user video to a song they can't do shit about it. Fair Use.

I've seen plenty of user made videos with soundtracks removed, so this isn't the case

I've seen plenty of user made videos with soundtracks removed, so this isn't the case

Yeah, that too - but that's just using someone's music as an overlay. But if you've made something that directly links to the song in question, say, your own version of a music video, they can't take it down as far as I know.