NEurope

Filth Daft, Filth.

Electro will never die! Gimme My Electro! :D

I've never been tolerant of electro. Nasty stuff.

Just to be clear, no criticism. We like what we like.

Not sure that I was gonna like but I picked up Fleet Foxes album and it's really cool. A good chill out album to put on. Me likes.

Not sure that I was gonna like but I picked up Fleet Foxes album and it's really cool. A good chill out album to put on. Me likes.

Yay! More Fleet Foxes listeners! I also picked up the album not sure what to expect, because I only knew a couple of their songs. But I really like the album, and it's indeed a very good chill out sort of music. =)

I was a bit disappointed with the version of Mykonos being different than the radio release, but I've gotten used to it now and love it just as much. ^___^

Nobodies Home was my former favourite song.

I love how Avril Lavigne can be interpreted as good, but at the same time its undeniable she's quite bad.

I love the way she sold herself out. To begin with she was this "I'm so alternative, I'm going to talk about how selfish I am [Complicated] and skaters... I mean sk8r Boi's. Down with conventional shit!"

Then Girlfriend came out.

Yay! More Fleet Foxes listeners! I also picked up the album not sure what to expect, because I only knew a couple of their songs. But I really like the album, and it's indeed a very good chill out sort of music. =)

I was a bit disappointed with the version of Mykonos being different than the radio release, but I've gotten used to it now and love it just as much. ^___^

Yeah totally. I really like the album version of Mykonos actually.

In slight contrast to Fleet Foxes I also picked up Friendly Fires album after seeing them the other week and it's great. Recommend it :)

I love the way she sold herself out. To begin with she was this "I'm so alternative, I'm going to talk about how selfish I am [Complicated] and skaters... I mean sk8r Boi's. Down with conventional shit!"

I hate all this Sold Out talk. She changed the style of her music, big freaking deal. Does that mean when she changed the style for her second album, she sold out? No. She grew up, and her music changed with her.

I hate all this Sold Out talk. She changed the style of her music, big freaking deal. Does that mean when she changed the style for her second album, she sold out? No. She grew up, and her music changed with her.

So Girlfriend is a more grown-up form of music compared to Complicated? Who knew. ::shrug:

So Girlfriend is a more grown-up form of music compared to Complicated? Who knew. ::shrug:

I never said that, did I? I said her music changed with her. She went through the whole gothy stage every teenager seems to, and then came out of it, got married and is very happy. Therefore, she was hardly going to make a "Omg life is like depressing" record again was she? She made a fun, pop record. I mean, 3 years ago I'd have (if I could actually write music that is) written something along the lines of her second album, because I was in 'that place'. Now though, I couldn't even fathom doing that, because I'm happy. If that means I would have sold out, then happy days.

All the sold out crap people say about artists just fucks me off. Let them make the music, they want. Or "Oh No! Their music's in an advert! SOLD OUT!". How about, no.

Female artists seem to change their style after marriage/childbirth, it seems. (In many cases anyway)

Fair enough, I say.

It sounds bad, but Tori Amos was at her best after suffering 2 extremely traumatic miscarriages. After her daughter was born, she's not as good.

To be fair, she was 16/17 when she released her first album.

The Best Damn Thing, despite representing what some people hate about music, is arguably a more mature album.

----------

I was listening to The Con by Tegan and Sara again today.

Its one of the best things I've ever heard. I don't know how or why, it just is. I take joy whenever any of the songs come on shuffle, and its one of the few albums I can put on, and listen attentively to it without feeling the need to skip through songs.

Easily the best album of 2007.

(I love that I've scrobbled the title track 241 times, lol)

And I just realised how much I love the fact they are identical twins. And how they are both lesbians. It feels like I didn't realise that fact until now.

I'm going to take this opportunity just to say how freaking awesome KoRn are.

I loved this band so much about 6 years ago, when things were going rather shit for me at that that time. But I used to just put on a bit of KoRn and forget all about it for a while.

I still think they're awesome now, but it still annoys me how their guitarist found Jesus and quit the band. Even though him and the band have made up since his departure. They haven't really been as good since, but their first five albums are hard to better in my opinion.

And with that, I introduce a new part of my Vintage Videos.

Normally, the videos I post are over 20 years old. Which brings to mind the classic vids of the 90s. They deserve a mention, don't they?

So, with that, I bring you Villan's Vaguely Vintage Videos

With all the KoRn talk, I felt it was only right I posted a KoRn vid. This song is one my favourite KoRn songs, and also premiered on an episode of South Park, which featured KoRn as special guests.

KoRn - Falling Away From Me - Issues - 1999

NOBODY LUUUUUUUUUUUVS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, it's true...

No one but YOU...

lol, beat me to it, tut. Anyway, Daft mentioned this the other day and it's been in my head on and off since...

lol, beat me to it, tut. Anyway, Daft mentioned this the other day and it's been in my head on and off since...

So I've been on your mind, ey? :wink:

So I've been on your mind, ey? :wink:

Heh, more Beth Gibbons really! :p

Heh, more Beth Gibbons really! :p

I've been known to go by that name. :cool:

I never said that, did I? I said her music changed with her. She went through the whole gothy stage every teenager seems to, and then came out of it, got married and is very happy. Therefore, she was hardly going to make a "Omg life is like depressing" record again was she? She made a fun, pop record. I mean, 3 years ago I'd have (if I could actually write music that is) written something along the lines of her second album, because I was in 'that place'. Now though, I couldn't even fathom doing that, because I'm happy. If that means I would have sold out, then happy days.

All the sold out crap people say about artists just fucks me off. Let them make the music, they want. Or "Oh No! Their music's in an advert! SOLD OUT!". How about, no.

WTF... Avril Lavigne goth?... I've heard it all. Her whole first album was a pure marketing ploy. At the time pop-punk, skating and that whole 'scene' was at a peek. Little girls needed something to associate themselves with this group, she was the answer.

As for Avril Lavigne selling out, I thought you had to have some form of back history to actually sell out to the mainstream. As far as I recall she was pretty mainstream from the get go..

With the impending release of their debut album on tuesday, something coolfunkman has already notified you of, I thought I put another song of theirs here for you guys to listen to.

This is Dreamland by Julien-K

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Mesmerizing is the most apt work for it though sublime would be a fine choice as well - just a shame this isn't on the album.

Edit: The song can be bought though as it's a B-side on the "Kick the Bass" single - go check that out whilst your at it.

WTF... Avril Lavigne goth?... I've heard it all. Her whole first album was a pure marketing ploy. At the time pop-punk, skating and that whole 'scene' was at a peek. Little girls needed something to associate themselves with this group, she was the answer.

As for Avril Lavigne selling out, I thought you had to have some form of back history to actually sell out to the mainstream. As far as I recall she was pretty mainstream from the get go..

Yeah....her second album. The way she looked with the only wearing black, the dark eye makeup and the gothy/emo inspired photoshoots, and the "OMG LIFE SUCKS" stage. So...the stage a hell of a lot of teenagers seem to go through, when they think they're rebelling but are infact just doing what every teenager does. (Which would be why I put "Gothy" to imply, I didn't mean she was an actual goth).

Surely you were aware I didn't mean her music was actual "goth music".

Her second album was her continuation of fail. Nothing goth about it, just plain old attention whoring.

Portishead are absolutely amazing. Brilliant music, made brilliantly.

---

I found that KoRn song to be one of the blandest and derivitive things I've ever heard, and derived no enjoyment from. I'd have preferred if it was just instrumental.

Her second album was her continuation of fail. Nothing goth about it, just plain old attention whoring.

Yeah...OK.

--

The Saturdays failed to reach number 1 with their comic relief single, instead reaching number 2. Even though they are the first not to do so, they sold more than the last 4 comic relief singles have in their first week. Flo Rida is at number one this week.

A bit annoying, but Flo Rida's track is damn catchy.