NEurope

There are times when Martha Wainwright looks just like my mother's wonderful but spacey friend. Which is a good thing, she is a wonderful beacon of warmth (my mother's friend, I've yet to meet Miss Wainwright). [of little relavence really]

T'is a nice song. Snow Patrol are one of those bands that aren't offensive, but not one I'd choose to listen to often. Although I do quite like 'Somewhere A Clock is Ticking'

T'is a nice song. Snow Patrol are one of those bands that aren't offensive, but not one I'd choose to listen to often. Although I do quite like 'Somewhere A Clock is Ticking'

Yeah, I just love that song. Not just because of her...as you say, they're nice/fine. But other than that, I don't hold up much else of their stuff as great.

Set The Fire To The Third Bar is one of my favourite songs ever.

Technically on par with the greats. Third by Portishead, Hyperballad by Bjork, We Float by PJ Harvey etc etc

It's just brilliant.

But then I hate Snow Patrol on their own.

Such a catchy tune, and oh so summery...if only it were summer. Bitchflaps. God, I love GaGa, I think if she wasn't such a complete slag that love would be lessened. Same with Miley. :D

If it's the first time you've heard it, you'll hate it. It takes a while, and then suddenly you want to take it round the back of the bike-sheds for a quick hump every few minutes.

I like Snow Patrol, Set The Fire to the Third Bar is easily one of the best tracks on Eyes Open, I still like that album and One Hundred Million Suns, people complain about their change in direction but I really don't care, old or new Snow Patrol are good, a lot of bands change direction by their third album or w/e anyway so I really don't see that is matters, I just enjoy what I can from each album of the bands that I really like, simple. :smile:

Also thanks for that Video Paj, it's been a while since I've listened to that track but it's always nice to be reminded of how lovely it is. ^^

I never really appreciated Eyes Open, but looking back i didn't really give it much of a chance after the first listen (which is stange for me because some of my favourite albums i thought were pretty shit after their first listen). Set The Fire to the Third Bar is a brilliant song that being said.

I thought that Final Straw was their best album, although i wasn't the biggest fan of Run, especially after it got ridiculously overplayed. Grazed knees, Somewhere a Clock is Ticking and Wow were the highlights for me.

Dance you fucker don't you dare! don't you dare don't you Flan In The Face!

Classic track : peace: listened to that album again recently and I like it more than I did the last time.

If it's the first time you've heard it, you'll hate it. It takes a while, and then suddenly you want to take it round the back of the bike-sheds for a quick hump every few minutes.

I like it more than used to, but it's one of the "blah" ones on the album.

I hate the way she puts her hands on hips. Unbelievably poserish.

----

Why do I prefer Soulwax's mix of Kids to the original? *bops around*

Is the chorus "STARSTRUCK! baby can you blow my heart up?"

I prefer that to the verses.

The Fame is best track though. I just looked at the little mini site you can access with the CD...nothing much on it. Got an atrocious remix of LoveGame. Signed up for something, not sure what. *shrug*

I LOVE that remix, hated it at first, but it gets me horny now....literally D=

:blank:

That's one mint song. : peace:

---------------------------------------------------------

I fancy another Vintage Video. Do you?

This video has one huge distinction: To put it simply, it was the very first music video played on MTV on its launch on 1st August 1981.

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star - The Age of Plastic - 1980

Why do I prefer Soulwax's mix of Kids to the original? *bops around*

Meh, it's alright.

Just got myself my 1st Ipod, bloody hard work getting my music off of my old computer. it's saved all over the place and I really only used Windows Media Player.

Meh, it's alright.

Yeah lol but not even a patch on the original which is sublime. :heart:

They added 'Keep On Your Mean Side' to Spotify. I love 'Gypsy Death and You'. It says 2009 which is funny.

Just got myself my 1st Ipod, bloody hard work getting my music off of my old computer. it's saved all over the place and I really only used Windows Media Player.

Welcome to 2001. :heh:

Apparently Chris Martin gave Natalie Imbruglia the best songs that he's ever written (the little bird that told me) so that means its somewhere between the sound of a thousand mating cats being killed and nails on a chalkboard. Shame, I like Imbruglia.

In other news. There shall be a Beatles Masters Degree. Sounds fun. Useless, but fun.

In other news. There shall be a Beatles Masters Degree. Sounds fun. Useless, but fun.

Along with Madonna studies, and the one about David beckham. I like that it sounds rubbish, but technically encompasses a lot of cultural, sociological, history etc.

if you take The Beatles as the centre point for middle sixties counter culture, yeah. You have a course. There could be research in it, if it's a musical course too. It's not like they couldn't write :heh:

Anyone heard of Wisp?

My mate just sent me a link to the song sceadugenga on youtube and it's really fucking awesome. Currently going through youtube listening to his other tracks and when I get to my laptop I am so totally trying to download his stuff.

Here is sceadugenga for your listening pleasure.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Damn you Davey, getting my hopes up. With Rise Against seen, I have only Brand New and Muse to go see from my "Most Wanted" list.

Literally for those 5 seconds of getting my hopes up and then taking them away, I shall never forgive you!

Seen Brand New, literally the best gig ever. So immense, with mewithoutyou as well ;) They were pretty good.

I think it is happening now :D. Dates officially announced next week sometime and tickets out friday.

Manchester Academy 23rd June

Birmingham Academy 26th June

Booya.

Edit: Just realised Glastonburys next day if i end up going to the Manc date :/. Going to be so tired.

I hold no responsibility is this information is wrong :P

Are those the only dates or are they doing a full UK tour?

Anyone heard of Wisp?

My mate just sent me a link to the song sceadugenga on youtube and it's really fucking awesome. Currently going through youtube listening to his other tracks and when I get to my laptop I am so totally trying to download his stuff.

Here is sceadugenga for your listening pleasure.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

That's pretty sweet, I may have to check out more stuff.

I think it is happening now :D. Dates officially announced next week sometime and tickets out friday.

Manchester Academy 23rd June

Birmingham Academy 26th June

Booya.

Edit: Just realised Glastonburys next day if i end up going to the Manc date :/. Going to be so tired.

I hold no responsibility is this information is wrong :P

Heh. Where'd you hear that? I can't find any information out about it. It's an odd choice of venues (I mean, no London is all). I'll probably try and go to one of the gigs, depending on where in the country I'll be.

I just posted the dates that have leaked. Full dates annouced next week with tickets on sale friday.

Holy shiiiiiit if true. Word of a Muse tour in October, now apparently Brand New this summer, and I've just seen Rise Against.

I love music.

Listening to an NPR (some radio station) podcast, which is a full length gig from Liz Phair's tour last year, where she played the entirety of Exile In Guyville.

The fact she gets an audience member to sing the looped line "Everytime I see your face, I get all wet between my legs" is brilliant, while she sings the rest of the sordid lyrics.