NEurope

@ GothicPlague - Well when you hear them they don't sound like it but apparently they are classed as such. But singing occurs from both female and male band members. Still awesome though. That song is great.

Ok. When I hear them I don't think of them as a male or female fronted band instead I just think of the cartoon ghost thing from the Eyes Wide Terrified video.

Hello people-who-post-in-here-and-might- know- stuff.

Good bands that do something like Mogwai and/ or Boards of Canada. Plz. OK. Bye.

Good bands that do something like Mogwai and/ or Boards of Canada. Plz. OK. Bye.

Don't forget Explosions In The Sky Plz. Rite Bye.

Who are you talking to?

Honestly, i went and saw that post and I could've sworn it was utterly in the wrong place - like, by a dozen pages or so. It was a reply to Rizz at some point, I think. SERVERBLAME!

Best live band I've seen? Get back to me on Monday.

Rise Against tomorrow night :D

My friend saw them last night and said they were disappointing. Hope either they they turn it around for you, or you have low standards! :P

I saw them last night! They weren't dissapointing. The crowd was dissapointing in several ways - there was a circle pit of pure shiteness-- people were just WALKING AROUND IN A CIRCLE!! That was lame.

The Used live were a dissapointment. Green Day put on an amazing show, Zebrahead were cool, Meshuggah had a real raw aura that was awesome to be hear. Brand New were sooooo fucking good it was insane. No need for special effects or pyrotechnics, they were just classy.

I would like to see; Rammstein, Mindless Self Indulgence, mewithoutYou *jizzes repeatedly* and... er... dunno :P Missed 65daysofstatic the other night due to sleeping 'in'... >_<

Completely unrelated, but as I'm listening to it right now on shuffle, I'm going to ask anyway... Ever tried Four Tet?

Top Ten Singles.

1. Kelly Clarkson - 'My Life Would Suck Without You'

2. Taylor Swift - 'Love Story

3. Lady Gaga - 'Poker Face'

4. TI Feat. Justin Timberlake - 'Dead And Gone'

5. Lily Allen - 'The Fear'

6. Lady GaGa - 'Just Dance'

7. Kings Of Leon - 'Use Somebody'

8. Shontelle - 'T-Shirt'

9. Pussycat Dolls/Missy Elliott - 'Whatcha Think About That'

10. Alesha Dixon - 'Breathe Slow'

So glad GaGa's at 3 with Pokerface. With 4 weeks until the physical release, it hopefully means it'll reach number one. Also, will someone bitch slap Shontelle? Whoever wrote that song, needs burning. Also, her album being called "Shontelligence"? Die.

Top Ten Albums

1. The Prodigy - 'Invaders Must Die'

2. Kings Of Leon - 'Only By The Night'

3. Lily Allen - 'It's Not Me It's You'

4. Duffy - 'Rockferry'

5. Lady Gaga - 'The Fame'

6. Elbow - 'The Seldom Seen Kid'

7. The Ting Tings - 'We Started Nothing'

8. Take That - 'The Circus'

9. Fleet Foxes - 'Fleet Foxes'

10. The Killers - 'Day & Age'

I finally have all three of the legendary Girl Sound tapes, by Liz Phair.

I had the first two, and then remembered there was a third I didn't have, now got it. I think it's the best. It's so good, the lo-fi-ness really adds to it's unearthliness...despite the subject matter being very direct and human. More timeless than unearthly.

I love the original version of Whip-smart!

Explosions in The Sky!

Godspeed You Black emperor

Do Make Say Think

And even though they arent similar at all I want another chance to mention the brilliance of Mew

Mew are pretty good actually. I had a thing goin for that album with She Spider on a whhhhhiiiiiile back. Been some time since I listened but I can't name a particular reason.

Anyone know The Sleepy Jackson? awesome happy music a go go. Amazingly put together arrangements too with some incredibly eclectic influences. Can't recommend enough, really. Great band.

*faceslap*

I've had the song "Whipped" by Vanessa Brown for years, loved it when it came out, but she never did anything else. (basically a one-hit wonder)

Always wondered why, it was pretty good, and she had a good voice. THEN, I just checked her last.fm, and it turns out she is now going under the moniker VV Brown aka the girl everyone's going on about.

Anyone know The Sleepy Jackson? awesome happy music a go go. Amazingly put together arrangements too with some incredibly eclectic influences. Can't recommend enough, really. Great band.

Thankyou! I had forgotten about the sleepy jackson :(

I like them. Used to live where they're from, (Perth/Aus). Think I bumped in to one of them in an instrument shop actually but I was hung over.

Brand New are playing manchester academy on the 23rd of June. Hope its a full tour but if not il go to that. Cannot wait

I have to ask, in the coke advert with Duffy, is that how she sounds when she sings? Because if so I'm fucking baffled as to how she won any awards.

Brand New are playing manchester academy on the 23rd of June. Hope its a full tour but if not il go to that. Cannot wait

Turns out its not actually happening even though it was on ticket sites =(. So gutted

Damn you Davey, getting my hopes up. With Rise Against seen, I have only Brand New and Muse to go see from my "Most Wanted" list.

Turns out its not actually happening even though it was on ticket sites =(. So gutted

Literally for those 5 seconds of getting my hopes up and then taking them away, I shall never forgive you!

Seen Brand New, literally the best gig ever. So immense, with mewithoutyou as well ;) They were pretty good.

Literally for those 5 seconds of getting my hopes up and then taking them away, I shall never forgive you!

Seen Brand New, literally the best gig ever. So immense, with mewithoutyou as well ;) They were pretty good.

Haha i posted on my facebook, here and my friend on myspace only to find out its not actually happening. Not sure what happened though as the dates were on ticket sites

PJ Harvey's new song is gonna air on radio 1 in about 2 and half minutes! :D

PJ Harvey's new song is gonna air on radio 1 in about 2 and half minutes! :D

Nooo!

Did I miss it?

I can't tune my shitty radio, nor install realplayer in time!

apparently they're not playing in the UK in June anymore, I guess they'll wait until a new album is out until touring here.

Really looking forward to their next album, gunna take a lot to beat the last 1.

I have to ask, in the coke advert with Duffy, is that how she sounds when she sings? Because if so I'm fucking baffled as to how she won any awards.

Agreed. When she was performing at the Brits, I'm sure she had something up her nose.