NEurope

The Gloaming is incredible. seeing it live on sunday was a revelation: I really felt that it was a song written for performance as it gained so much on the stage.

I know exactly what you mean.

I didn't like Knights of Cydonia, at all.

Then, went to see Muse, they pulled that out of the bag...and it was probably the most energetic and best song they played all night. Audience went mad, Muse went mad, it was fucking ace.

Since then, I've been addicted to it and seen it in a whole new light.

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Of Me.

Download it. Bye.

First off, you're two years late.

Secondly, it's a very run-of-the-mill unextraordinary album. Stop wasting people's time.

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Of Me.

Download it. Bye.

This. Breathtaking that album

First off, you're two years late.

Secondly, it's a very run-of-the-mill unextraordinary album. Stop wasting people's time.

Music is timeless, how dated it is has no effect on it's quality, can't see why you even brang that up.

And it's an incredible album, just magnificient. Albeit I didn't rate it that high (Albeit very very highly) until I saw them perform it live. Compared to alot of the bands out there nowadays though, it's leaps and bounds ahead of what most UK acts are producing (Yeah I know they're American).

It scares me at the same time though, albeit the first 6 songs are near perfect, it does tail off towards the end somewhat. Perhaps that just makes it better though? :).

Anywho, lets throw out a band who no one will most likely have heard of. If you're into your metal / heavy shiz and want the best upcoming UK band, then Download "A Fragile Hope" by "Devil Sold His Soul". I'd describe them as an Ambient Metal outfit (Albeit much more focused on the metal), and easily one of the most orginal bands out there at the moment. If anyone is familiar with Avant-Garde music, these guys are the new pioneers.

Anywho, lets throw out a band who no one will most likely have heard of. If you're into your metal / heavy shiz and want the best upcoming UK band, then Download "A Fragile Hope" by "Devil Sold His Soul". I'd describe them as an Ambient Metal outfit (Albeit much more focused on the metal), and easily one of the most orginal bands out there at the moment. If anyone is familiar with Avant-Garde music, these guys are the new pioneers.

I listened to a few of their tracks, and found it peculiar. While they conjure up some good "soundscapes", the vocals annoy me. They have an almost "typical" singer for standard metal or emo music, but I don't think his voice works with the music. It gets lost, but not in the good way. I dunno. Bad juxtaposition to me.

But yeah, the musicians are definitely talented.

I listened to a few of their tracks, and found it peculiar. While they conjure up some good "soundscapes", the vocals annoy me. They have an almost "typical" singer for standard metal or emo music, but I don't think his voice works with the music. It gets lost, but not in the good way. I dunno. Bad juxtaposition to me.

But yeah, the musicians are definitely talented.

That what I felt at first, I think it wasn't until I heard their strongest vocal tracks that I got what they added and how important they were to the music as a hole. A quick listen to "Hope" was enough to convince me there was something awesome there, and "Dawn Of a New Day" and "The Starting" sort of made you see how amazingly they used their vocals as a sixth instrument, if you will.

They're not an accessible band, not someone who on first listen you'll want more. I didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I do now after a few listens, but if it's your sort of thing it'll only be a matter of time until you can appreciate how amazing they actually are. It's important to know where to start from though.

Anyone want to join me to a festival? Since I didn't get to go to Rock Werchter, I want to go to Pukkelpop (in my home town, whooo), which has a pretty good line-up.

http://pukkelpop.be/pp/en#lineup

I especially want to go on Saturday, to see Sigur Rós for example. Just don't have anyone to go with (again).

If you do want to come, I could give you a place to sleep and shower. =')

i know :P

anyone else but raining_again? lol

I do as well MBAM.

Pukelpop always has one of the more interesting and eclectic line-ups, I really want to go one year. I'd love to go the a festival outside the UK and i think this tops the list.

edit - just had a look through the full line up - fantastic stuff. So many bands I haven;t seen and would love to (Eg flaming lips, Ian Brown, Meshuggah) and bands I have seen but really need to see again (Eg Sigur Ros, Cult of Luna and Holy Fuck)

If i had more money I'd be there!

Pukelpop always has one of the more interesting and eclectic line-ups, I really want to go one year. I'd love to go the a festival outside the UK and i think this tops the list.

edit - just had a look through the full line up - fantastic stuff. So many bands I haven;t seen and would love to (Eg flaming lips, Ian Brown, Meshuggah) and bands I have seen but really need to see again (Eg Sigur Ros, Cult of Luna and Holy Fuck)

If i had more money I'd be there!

Yeah, the line-up is pretty good. I'm embarrassed to say I've actually never been to Pukkelpop before, even though it's in my own city. >.>;

So I'm hoping I can go this year, though I doubt I'll find someone to go with me.

Which is the European festival Tori Amos is headlining/part of? I'd kill to go to that.

EDIT; Folk Festival Dranouter, in Belgium August 1, just checked. *wants to trade places with Eenuh*

Anyone want to join me to a festival? Since I didn't get to go to Rock Werchter, I want to go to Pukkelpop (in my home town, whooo), which has a pretty good line-up.

http://pukkelpop.be/pp/en#lineup

I especially want to go on Saturday, to see Sigur Rós for example. Just don't have anyone to go with (again).

If you do want to come, I could give you a place to sleep and shower. =')

I would actually be up for that if it didn't cost so much and I actually knew you, as to get to Brussels from my house, it's a 2 minute walk, 2 stops on the train, another 2 minute walk, and 3 stops on another train to take me into Bruxelles-Midi.

God bless Eurostar. :D

EDIT: Shit, I'd want to be there for all 3 days, but the only reason (albeit a major one) to be there on the Thursday for me is The Killers...

Id love to go to Pukkelpop but its too late to arrange anything really. Gutted. Might go next year though depending on the lineup :)

cool lineup for the fest. Shame I'm skint as fuck right now. It'd be a cool holiday.

oh yeah, and I was going to ask- anyone in to Country? I've been on a bit of a 'Cash binge recently and I'm getting really in to the musical style. I'd like some more examples, without heading in to shitty crooner territory. Any blues would also be appreciated, as that's always great.

oh yeah, and I was going to ask- anyone in to Country?

Possibly not what you're after as I'm not a big Country listener, but you might want to look into Oh Laura. I found them when finding info on 'Release Me' and I ended up buying their album.

listening to Squarepusher for the first time in ages today. Fucking amazing man, he is. Must have a musical brain the size of a small planet

Can't remember who was on about Kate Perry, but I now agree. Love "I kissed a girl"

Can't remember who was on about Kate Perry, but I now agree. Love "I kissed a girl"

I recommended her to Haggis/Coolness Bears. I don't like her though. Only song I like is, of course, I Kissed A Girl.

----

51I0fIiiJCL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

Knowle West Boy by Tricky

Out yesterday, I think, bought It today.

Half-way through, and it's awesome. More rock-orientated, whilst maintaining his signature trip-hop esque sound. Pick it up EVERYONE.

First single is orgasmic too;