NEurope

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I know Linkin Park aren't to everyone's taste but this song has always been of my personal favourite tracks. I just like the soft rapping style, and I think in todays climate a lot of people can relate to the lyrics.

Jesus fucking christ... it didn't take long for this thread to turn from interesting and harmless chatter to mundane mud-slinging*... :blank:

*I don't include everyone in that statement, just the general feeling I got from reading most of this page.

------------------------------------------

Radiohead are boring as hell

Stuwii... if that's your opinion then fine but that doesn't make it so :heh:Radiohead are excellent Imo, some might even go as far to say as they are a national treasure in a similar way to say PJ Harvey - not a direct musical comparison - but boring? really? I'm sorry to hear you say that even if you aren't. :sad:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I know Linkin Park aren't to everyone's taste but this song has always been of my personal favourite tracks. I just like the soft rapping style, and I think in todays climate a lot of people can relate to the lyrics.

Thank you JonSt, they may not be to everyone's taste, this is true but I happen to like Linkin Park and Hands Held High is also a favourite track of mine out of everything they've done, seeing them perform live was really enjoyable. :smile:

Today I listened to Homogenic by Bjork in its entirity and I absolutely loved it, probably the best album I've heard from her so far even though the first two are on near-equal level in some respects; her music definitely seems to get progressively better. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Today I listened to Homogenic by Bjork in its entirity and I absolutely loved it, probably the best album I've heard from her so far even though the first two are on near-equal level in some respects; her music definitely seems to get progressively better. :)

Vespertine and Medulla are so different from Homogenic, but I think you'll love them too. :yay:

---

FIND!

http://www.daytrotter.com/

Completely free live sessions from LOADS of up-coming/independant (or neither of the two) artists. Really great site.

Another of today's listenings:

Can't wait for them to start touring the UK again as I'll definitely go and see them.

Radiohead are pretty crap though.

Trolls are pretty obvious though. :heh:

Can't really be called trolling when most people in this thread should know I masturbate to pictures of Colin Greenwood daily.

Radiohead are boring as hell

irony.gif

Radiohead are pretty crap though.

You clearly weren't at Reading festival, then.

Yeah... if I did nothing but listen to the 15 - 20 albums I've ordered recently then a week would be doable but I tend to save certain new albums for the journey to and from work - when I need it most - and because I work five days a week then that's an album each working day, so I have at least a months worth really. :heh:

Yeah that is fine! :) Journey's are mundane without music especially on a bus. Do you take the bus?

I'm a bit of a musicwhore and listen to many albums a day. :p (normally) but I have LOADS to get through! It doesn't help I add more each day.

Though if there is an album I love I will stop and listen to it repeatedly like Eggs by Oh No Ono!

Plus I don't like to listen to it all in one go, I think it's better to spread them out and look forward to listening to each new album and having a set time to do this helps a lot, though certain albums I will listen to while I'm at home first, YS will be one such album as the length of the tracks aren't very 'travel-friendly' because I tend to like hearing tracks in their entirity and so will avoid turning off when the journey comes to an end unless I absolutely have to or I'll even stop listening when one track has finished if the journey has less than a minute to go rather than spilling over into the next track and wanting to listen to it all when I know I can't because of work. :(

I know, I have some rather 'particular' listening habits but that's just my way of enjoying music. :)

I understand that completely. There is certain things I like to listen at home before I listen to through my Headphones and the like. Some albums take more concentration than others. I wouldn't listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor on the way to work! :D

I'm sorry JonSt/Gizmo, but it's not like you're adding anything really unpredictable either. If it were Coolness Bears, Dan Dare, Daft or Ashley or someone like that saying what you're saying, it would be different, because they actually bring stunning, unheard-of music to the table.

Thank you. :heart:

irony.gif

To be fair, I agree with him. Although I'd use the term "I don't get Radiohead" instead.

Moar CD's arrived in teh post today...

The Beekeeper by Tori Amos

Ladyhawke - self titled.

----------------------------------------

Today I'm going to give Vespertine by Bjork its first listen, I'm expecting some kind of departure from the excellence of Homogenic but it should still prove to be very enjoyable I hope. :)

Radiohead have always been bigger than Oasis.

Except for that whole Britpop thing in the mid 90s when Oasis were mahoosive.

I'd go just in case it was an elaborate prank.

That'd be quite a comeback.

She's been working with Patrick Wolf and Guy Sigworth on an album due out sometime next year. This track leaked onto youtube, and because it's not going to be on the album (first song she wrote for it), she's just made it available for download on her website. Just so happy she's gone in this direction, and not done something utterly silly and tried out electropop.

Edited by Slaggis

Wow... Vespertine by Bjork surpassed my expectations, her vocals are as strong as ever, it's still very different to her first three albums I'd say but still very enjoyable. :)

Pagan Poetry was particularly excellent. :heart: