Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

IGN: The Top 25 Games Of All Time

mcj metroid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true at all, especially when playing on Pro, you actually have to think like a motherfucker, or else you'll die countless times. The enemies vary so much, the regenerators, chainsaw dudes, crazy blind fuckers, bosses, they all require a different strategy. On normal you can just get by shooting everything you see I suppose, but there is a lot of strategy and thinking involved, if you want to get good at the game.

There's plenty of stratergy involved. I just didn't there was an awful lot of game in there. It's far from the best game last gen as some people seem to think it is imo. It's a limiting, but okay game drenched in atmosphere.

There's plenty of stratergy involved. I just didn't there was an awful lot of game in there. It's far from the best game last gen as some people seem to think it is imo. It's a limiting, but okay game drenched in atmosphere.

To be fair, you could say exactly the same about SoTC. But in my honest opinion, I believe there's far more to the games than just atmosphere. SoTC isn't just good because of a great atmosphere, it's because it has a great atmosphere and it has great gameplay. Same goes with Resi 4.

To be fair, you could say exactly the same about SoTC. But in my honest opinion, I believe there's far more to the games than just atmosphere. SoTC isn't just good because of a great atmosphere, it's because it has a great atmosphere and it has great gameplay. Same goes with Resi 4.

You certainly could. I love both, I don't think a great atmosphere is a reason to mark a game down in the least :D

And I never meant to insinuate that atmosphere is all RE4 had going for it. Although I do think that's what made it more special that most. I just found it a bit repetetive.

Remake had better atmosphere than Re4.

It was certainly scarier, but less endearing to me. I know RE4 like the back of my hand, it comes in at around No. 5 on my fave games of all time list. I never got bored. The one thing I would have changes would have been (funnily enough) real time weapon change :heh:. I mean, the ability to map 4 weapons to the C stick instead of the totally useless camera would have been a lifesaver for me.

look let's get this straight. Atmostphere is not important. Resident evil remake is Hurt by the bad controls that every other re game had before then that resident evil 4 doesn't have(now don't get me wrong i have never had trouble with the controls) resident evil 4 in my opinion is the best game of last gen. Fantastic controls and all i already said. Inlike metroid prime i really can't see why people don't like it. it has everything you could want

Well I thought there was. It was fucking packed man, an incredibly lengthy, detailed game, with the best weapons I could think of, The Mercenaries mode which has to be one of the best extras in any game ever. What more do you want? It did consist mostly of shooting, but the shooting was so flawlessly executed that you can't ask for much else.

look let's get this straight. Atmostphere is not important. Resident evil remake is Hurt by the bad controls that every other re game had before then that resident evil 4 doesn't have(now don't get me wrong i have had trouble with the controls) resident evil 4 in my opinion is the best game of last gen. Fantastic controls and all i already said. Inlike metroid prime i really can't see why people don't like it. it has everything you could want

Control type C also RE4 had the same the controls as the other games.

RE4 was great game but it not really a RE game.

Tbf, Resi4 was probably one of the best games from the last generation of consoles, if not THE best. The game is perfect; great controls, great AI, great graphics, great atmosphere. Playing it felt like playing a movie (especially the Krauser scenes and the opening scene where you walk into the house).

To me it was the next generation come early.

Well that depends, if you have it on PS2, don't play it again. Ever. Infact, burn it, and then burn it's effigy and then burn the memory card containing the data. Terrible conversion.

As for Metroid Prime, I think MP2 was my favourite game of last gen. Either that or the original. Awesome games.

We'll all have slightly different opinions, but they've done pretty well with the majority of the choices. Dont complain if something comes 1 place behind or something, if its 10 places back then hey.

And TS2 is better than FP imo, both great though.

At least Metroid is #1

Control type C also RE4 had the same the controls as the other games.

RE4 was great game but it not really a RE game.

You missed that he said atmosphere isn't important...WTF?!?!!?:wtf:

Atmosphere is one of the most important parts of most games these days; especially Zelda, Resi, GoW...

look let's get this straight. Atmostphere is not important. Resident evil remake is Hurt by the bad controls that every other re game had before then that resident evil 4 doesn't have(now don't get me wrong i have had trouble with the controls) resident evil 4 in my opinion is the best game of last gen. Fantastic controls and all i already said. Inlike metroid prime i really can't see why people don't like it. it has everything you could want

He speaks the truth.

I'm a longtime RE fan and 4 may have screwed up on the story department, but the gameplay is platinum. The best RE experience. The other REs are great games but the clunky controls bring them down a notch.

You missed that he said atmosphere isn't important...WTF?!?!!?:wtf:

Atmosphere is one of the most important parts of most games these days; especially Zelda, Resi, GoW...

I agree Totally, - a good atmosphere draws you into the game and immerses you into the world. Bioware are trying their best to create an amazing , belivevable atmosphere, with Dragon Age and Mass Effect using new technology and techniques.

What was wrong with the story? Although I've never played any other Resident Evil games I thought it was pretty sweet. I loved the idea of the los plagos and the credits at the end with pictures showing how the village became infected.

well.......rescue the presidents daughter... I mean it sounds like an 80's action film starring Tom Cruise..i know there is much more to the story than that but you know still... I'm not complaining though i love a simple story

well.......rescue the presidents daughter... I mean it sounds like an 80's action film starring Tom Cruise..i know there is much more to the story than that but you know still... I'm not complaining though i love a simple story

It involved past games, a new type of virus and the most amazing cheesy lines ever.

"Where is everyone going? . . . Bingo?"

It involved past games, a new type of virus and the most amazing cheesy lines ever.

"Where is everyone going? . . . Bingo?"

Yeah, but it still doesn't go and beat "Jill Sandwich":indeed: :heh:

It's not a virus, it's a parasite:heh:

The whole save the Prez's daughter sucks huge arse though. It's supposed to be Resident Evil, not Mario.

A storyline involving the rogue STARS sending Leon to find out about a virus outbreak would have been better, then him finding a girl who works for the president (or similar) would have been much better.

I still don't get what's so bad about 'fixed camera Resi' controls...Especially since aiming is semi-automatic.

I agree, I loved those controls. :red:

I've only played Resident Evil 4 briefly, and I will get into it more at some point. I promised myself I'd play 2,3 and CV:X first before I played 4, but it looks like that came and bit me on the arse.

What I played of it though, it didn't seem very Resident Evil, at all. Very, very different to both the Remake And Zero. I'll have to wait and get into it more before I make a true decision, because I've played all of REmake and Zero, but all of half an hour on 4, so it wouldn't be proper.

At that Gamecube list: Disappointed to see Killer 7 ranked so low...but pleased to see Eternal Darkness ranked so high. Karma.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!