Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

IGN: The Top 25 Games Of All Time

mcj metroid

Bah! Final Fantasy XII is better than Final Fantasy X, but to not even include Final Fantasy XII on the list at all...

And no Tales Of Symphonia on the Gamecube list, yet Baten is! Ludicrous.

Baten Kaitos is better than Tales Of Symphonia.

How tge fuck can GTA III be ahead of GTA: San Andreas?

Shadow Of The Colossus > God Of War

Halo 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Halo.

And why the fuck is Twin Snakes in last?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halo 1 is so much better than Halo 2 its unreal. Halo 1 I spent hours playing through in single player and co-op on all the dificulty settings.

Halo 2 I played once on normal and had no desire to touch it again. The multiplayer was alright providing you managed to avoid the 13 year old Americans.

Baten Kaitos is better than Tales Of Symphonia.

How tge fuck can GTA III be ahead of GTA: San Andreas?

Shadow Of The Colossus > God Of War

Halo 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Halo.

And why the fuck is Twin Snakes in last?

GTA III was ground breaking due to the fact it brought free-roaming gameplay to the masses, I can understand why it is ahead of San Andreas. Baten Kaitos beating Symphonia? Come on, think about it again.

After reading this thread (and a few others) I've come to realise that many members of this forum have terrible tastes in video games (ie different to mine :heh:). I won't name names but I will say...

-Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games of last generation.

-Baten Kaitos is a pile of horse shit, ToS is way better.

-TS2 is miles better than Future Perfect (but both are good).

Baten Kaitos beating Symphonia? Come on, think about it again.

Well, let's put it like this:

Both stories are "ok", but Baten Kaitos' story is better.

Combat systems... both are awesome, maybe TOS is a little better.

Both have good solid graphics, although differently.

Baten Kaitos has a much better soundtrack.

So, even though both are great games, I would choose Baten Kaitos every time. It's not much better, but it's better. Of course, this is just my opinion, but apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

After reading this thread (and a few others) I've come to realise that many members of this forum have terrible tastes in video games (ie different to mine :heh:). I won't name names but I will say...

-Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games of last generation.

-Baten Kaitos is a pile of horse shit, ToS is way better.

-TS2 is miles better than Future Perfect (but both are good).

Here is a guy I agree with.

HALO 2 is better than halo 1 for gods sake

Wrong

Wind Waker 4th?

It should be above Melee and RE4

RE4...it isn't THAT good. It deserves to be in the top 25, but not top 5

Super Mario Sunshine and Wave Race shouldn't be on that list

TimeSplitters Future Perfect is much better than TimeSplitters 2 (TS2 is a fantastic game)

Where is Twilight Princess!!!!??? And MK:DD!!.

Yep

Agreed

Yes it should

VERY WRONG!!!...The comedy is betetr, but overall, the game lacks what TS2had, the levels are less inspired and too easy, all the decent multiplayer levels are missing, loads of great guns from 2 missing, etc etc etc.

People are never going to agree with these. I'm glad to see something right there though; Halo CE > Halo 2

Yeah, me too

lol how? if you say the because of the halo 2 ending i will freak a bean

The levels are boring and the weapon changes (appard from the Spunker suck)

Good to see Metroid Prime come top and Pikmin 2 in the top ten. The PS2 top ten looks pretty solid, although I disagree with two GTA titles, I personally enjoyed Vice City the most.

Most people I know prefer III, it's just personal opinion really, like OOT & MM :)

I strongly think Halo2 is better than 1. I don't even like 1. The single player is horrible due to incredibely dull, newbish and uninspired level design and the weapons were kind of unbalanced.

Uninspired level design in 1 compared to 2???

Excuse me, but have you played all the Library style levels on Halo 2??

Fuck off, RE4 was magic, still, I probably shouldn't take it seriously from a guy who claims his favourite game is CTR.

Resi 4's amazingly over rated, it's too much run n gun, Resi 0 & Remake are WAY better. But then, I wouldn't expect someone who couldn't bare living without the average Capcom fighters to understand that.:indeed:

I'm sorry that you seem to find it wrong that I enjoy an amazingly fun, balanced game that you've most likely not even played.

Well, let's put it like this:

Both stories are "ok", but Baten Kaitos' story is better.

Combat systems... both are awesome, maybe TOS is a little better.

Both have good solid graphics, although differently.

Baten Kaitos has a much better soundtrack.

So, even though both are great games, I would choose Baten Kaitos every time. It's not much better, but it's better. Of course, this is just my opinion, but apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

Mm I see what you're getting it. I preferred ToS to BK by quite a bit but still like BK in many ways. I think the world in BK is more impressive.

Resi 4's amazingly over rated, it's too much run n gun, Resi 0 & Remake are WAY better. But then, I wouldn't expect someone who couldn't bare living without the average Capcom fighters to understand that.:indeed:

I'm sorry that you seem to find it wrong that I enjoy an amazingly fun, balanced game that you've most likely not even played.

Of course that load of bullshit could only come from someone who has yet to actually play a Capcom fighter like 3rd Strike, and thus has an incredibly naive and uninformed opinion. You're probably one of those people who can't pull off a shoryuken without complaining about your thumb chafing...let alone managing to pull off cancels and combos. RE 0 and Remake don't even come remotely close to the mastery that is RE4, still, you seem to have a predominant liking of games without much substance.

As for Crash Team racing, I played it, loved it, but it's nowhere close to being one of the best games of all time.

For some reason whenever I hear someone say they hated San Andreas because it was too 'gangsta' I just presume they don't like black people. :heh:
A lot of people also dislike it because it felt rather undetailed compared to the previous titles, due to the fact that the landmass was considerably larger, and they only had 1 1/2 years to develop it, meaning that they had ro rush certain aspects, such as BLOODY DETAIL!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!