Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Kind Of Gamer Are You?

Fierce_LiNk

Recently the type of game i play has changed my style of gamer that i am. i used to play CS so i was full of testosterone and swear words on Vent :P

but now im in a casual raiding guild and i love raiding with my friends... still i compete to them through the damage meters ^_^ and pvp brings out that old CS'er in me

I'd say I'm like you Fierce_Link, with Zelda (which you used) being the perfect example to use. If I see a Poe I'll pick it up, but I ain't gonna go hunting for them, I've completed the game and don't as such feel inclined to bother going back. What I will want to do at some point is go back and play the game again, for the story and to witness the locations again and play out my favourite events such as the bosses once more.

But also Aimless I am like you on the topic of the likes of Electroplankton whilst not a traditional game it still is a game and one without a goal in mind, something that is more and more becoming a part of gaming and something that has come about again at the moment because of discussions about Flow on the PS3 Network, why do people not think it is a game, if you shoved a high score table on it, it would be a game problem solved, but just because it isn't goal orientated doesn't make it any less a game.

Its tough to say what I am, it depends on the game and how much time Im willing to give it.

I reckon though that unlockables are an important aspect of games, if there was absolutely no reason to go back and play something then we'd be complaining too.

I've completed the likes of the DKC games, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye in their totality to name a few examples. But I dont play and play my other games until they are 100% finished with every last thing done. Once again heres my take on Zelda: like others here, I'll get what I come across with Poes and Heartpieces (though with Twilight Princess theres some help with getting heartpieces!) and I'll try to do any other sidequests I can. I dont "power" through the games, but I dont go all out to do everything. You know?

RPGs are good for describing it - on the main site someone said that there is next to no guidance in them on how to do much else than whats required. This is really annoying because you basically have to fluke your way onto the best items/ sidequests that yield such items and weapons. How come characters cant let you know what you can and cant do so you can pick and choose? :hmm:

Generally, I like to complete games... but rarely does a game motivate me to go back and get everything anymore. I think its a combination of the game and what stage of your life it is. With the Snes and N64 it seemed like I had endless evenings and weekends to game, now its more like I have to almost plan ahead and free up time for it! :blank:

If some games really reward it, I go for the 100%, like the Metroid Prime games. Haven't finished Zeldas or Marios for the 100% though (even though I'm one star short in SM64DS and I can't find which it is.)

It depends how many games I've got. I obsess over mario kart ds as its the only decent game I got on ds. Console wise I have 333.33 games in my collection so only give a short attention. Havent bother completed Twilight Princess, paper mario, Pikmin2 etc but not because I dont like them

In the first run-through of a game, ie; Zelda, Metroid, I won't go looking for everything... don't get me wrong, I'll wander around a little looking at things that catch my eye, but I won't vigorously search everything out!

However, once I've played through the game and finished it, I'll go back to find it all!

Metroid Prime: First run - 85% complete , Second run - 100%

MP: Echoes: First run - 90% complete , Second run - 100%

Twilight Princess: First run - 11 Poes left, 2 bugs left, 3 Heart Containers left , Second run - 6 Poes left and 7 heart pieces.

So I guess in some way I'm a completionist... I dunno!

I play games for fun, when they stop being fun, get boring, frustratingly hard, whatever, then I stop playing. I'm not going to persevere with something I don't enjoy just to see how the story ends. Sometimes I'll go back to games that stopped being fun and I'll re-click with them and they'll be fun again but usually this isn't the case and I have got loads of uncompleted games I'll never go back to.

Some games I just play through the story (one game has made me play 30 hours of it in 3 days), some I complete 100% (Metroid Prime, for example), and others I play through, forget, then complete at a later stage (RE4 is currently in the "forget" stage).

As a result, I tend to have quite a few games that are far from complete.

I'll play just about anything, any genre good or bad I'll give it a go. I'm not a great completist but if I'm enjoying a game I usually like to see it through at least once. Sometimes with some games I like to make the extra effort to immerse myself in them, dimming the lights, popping on a pair of headphones and what have you. Just what ever grabs me, y'know.

Im only a completionist if I can boast about it to a number of people or if I find the reward great enough. Ive grinded my fair share and know what its like and how much time it can take.

Im less likely to grind these days, it just depends on the reward. I dont run through games as fast as possible, I take it a bit slow. But not too much.

I'm an attempted completionist. I will start most games with an intent to get 100% I will often get to maybe 80% and then either give up or keep going, depending on how good it is. If I give though, I feel really annoyed with myself.

I've 100%'d a fair few games but I will admit to often giving up on some more teidus titles.