N-Europe

wii racers

stuwii

the wii remote is good for racers so why the hell have we not got a SINGLE gt beater in the works.

The Wii remote isn't good for racers though is it? Excite Truck is fun because of the wide open tracks, and massive jumps. Gran Turismo would be crap is tilty controls.

If you're after GT go and buy a Playstation 2.

the wii remote is good for racers so why the hell have we not got a SINGLE gt beater in the works.

If you mean "GT-like game", then I see that as a very good thing. I'd rather have at least some enjoyment out of urealistic racers (no matter how crap) than play GT4, or similar game.

I would like a decent realistic driving sim for Wii, I'm sure the wiimote would handle just fine. As the Wii becomes increasingly popular hopefully we'll see someone give it a genuinely decent go. (I'd love an F1 sim if possible, but I'll settle for anything.)

Oh all the hatred for GT.

Love the series myself, but then again I like a lot of racers. Forza 2 soon :D

GT is great as a sim, but I think it's dull and difficult for people who aren't into that kind of thing. Personally I prefer PGR, and that's why I'm not too sure about whether to get Forza 2.

Yeah it is certainly a game for car nuts, it also sells very well too. Plus I love always getting my family's car and doing it up and beating all the "fast" cars out there. :D Mazda 323F for the win. :D

Forza 2 you probably won't like then. It's basically Microsoft's GT game.

I liked the idea of the GT racer that was at launch, but it was obviously a big mess up and ended up been not good. I'd like a real license based racing game with cel shaded graphics. I enjoyed Auto Modellista on the PS2, was fun if a little weird to handle.

Gran Turismo is impressive, but I always found it fairly boring, but that's personal taste (much prefer F-Zero.. by a long way)

I like the variety of good racing games we get on Nintendo consoles- F-Zero, Mario Kart, Wave Race, 1080.. but it's always nice to have a 'realistic' one aswell.. but personally I would prefer a rally game (Colin McRae or something) than a GT-esque game.. though one of those would probably be welcome too :heh:

I liked Colin Mcrae Rally up to the third game, but I gradually lost interest after that. The (in my opinion) superior Richard Burn's Rally and Xpand Rally didn't help.

The Wii remote isn't good for racers though is it? Excite Truck is fun because of the wide open tracks, and massive jumps. Gran Turismo would be crap is tilty controls.

I disagree. The room for error in Excite Truck may be larger than your typical on-road racer, but it still calls for a good level of accuracy and the Wii remote doesn't fail to deliver that. I can honestly say I doubt very much that I would get on as well with Excite Truck using a conventional controller as I do with the Wii remote.

Regarding more realistic games, though, the lack of analogue input for acceleration and braking would be a problem I think. I'd still like to see them give it a go though. A Wii version of Test Drive Unlimited would be nice. :)

I've yet to buy ExciteTruck, can't wait for it. I agree we've got quite a diverse racing line-up on Nintendo consoles, but we definitely lack one in the realistic driving genre. I dont necessarily need a GT-like game, but one with realistic environments and cars would be lovely. I would even settle for a Ridge Racer-type game :D

If you're after GT go and buy a Playstation 2.

What the f**k are you talking about? I've got NFS:Carbon, and I must say that the controlls feel a lot more precise than with a stick. In Carbon I hit things much less than I did in NFS:MW for the Cube.

GT pro series is the only Wii-exclusive GT-ish game out there ATM, but I think there'll be a sequell, with more cars, better tracks and realistic graphics.

Imagine how good a racer could look on Wii. For example, look how good Project Gotham Racing 2 looked on the original Xbox...

pgr2.jpg

PGR2_15_500.jpg