NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
AshMat

Leeds/Reading '07

2 words. Beer Breakfast.

The main reason for going to a festival over a gig, its ok to be smashed at 10am

I totally agree and have been to many festivals in my years, I was just stating I dont see the point in going and spending all that money to see just 1 or 2 bands :heh:

I wish I could go to All Tomorrows Parties this year, Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky are playing

ATP are pretty good festivals, I went to the one curated by Yeah yeah yeahs and Devendra Banhart, was awesome.

I may get a day ticket to reading and do some of the smaller festivals like get loaded in the park on clapham common etc.

Got an email fromt he Maximo Park mailing list that pretty much says they're gonna be on at leeds:

Bottom of the email:

"For those in the UK - keep an eye out for big festival news which will be posted on our site after 7pm. "

IT'S THERE GUYS! LEEDS 2007 !!!

Looks sweet.

why not post the reading lineup as well? I can't get on either of the sites just to see the lineup! Tsk.

It's a shockingly bad line up. Then again last years was amazing so they had to make up for that.

Its not half bad, some bands on the main stage that i'd have expected in the tent and bands in the tent that i expected on the main stage though.

Oddly there arent any surprise acts this year, was expecting some older acts low down on the main stage

ASH IN THE TENT!!!! That night is gonna be awesome! Shame about having to choose between LCD Soundsystem and Nine Inch Nails and Biffy + Bloc Party though

Looks like all the Metal/Punk acts have been moved to the Lock-Up, hopefully they announce that soon (Alkaline Trio FTW!)

s far as i know my stepmum's still trying, can't imagine they sold out though.

s far as i know my stepmum's still trying, can't imagine they sold out though.

Oh they would have been sold out by now mate. take about 20-39 mins to sell out.

there all shite bands bar one whome ive just discovered - Biffy Clyro

been refreshing the tickets site since 6:50. didnt get any. almost gave up, got that link at 7:35.

I NOW HAVE TICKETS!! :heh:

You use that site i linked to? If you did, you owe me oral.

yeah same site, wasnt here i got the link from tho

im in such a great mood tho you might get lucky anyway

Isnt that great a lineup. The bands I would like to see I have seen and some of them more than once so I didnt bother.

I may get a day ticket nearer the time off ebay or something, wouldnt mind seeing the reformed Ash headline the radio one/NME tent.

Just tried seetickets and such and the server seems to have crashed. :)

It's a shockingly bad line up. Then again last years was amazing so they had to make up for that.

Last year they had fucking Slayer man! And this year all they have is shite indie popularist, shallow bollocks.

I might get a day ticket for reading saturday for Arcade fire. I have to see them! With any luck it'll be scheduled so I could see We Are Scientists in the tent. And maybe some good bands in the lockup/concrete jungle.

I wish download wasnt looking crap this year :(

They air Reading on BBC 3 don't they? That's good enough for me.

Yeah but the coverage is always shocking. 1 or 2 songs from 1 or 2 bands. Just film the whole damn thing and put it on a loop through the night so people can record it for gawd sake.

Not bought a ticket yet, waiting for the metal/punk tent to be announced and then getting them off Scarlet Mist or eBay just before the festival (they usually go for under face value by then). Couple of mates got V weekend camping last year the night before the fest for £60 each! They just met the bloke there

Last year they had fucking Slayer man! And this year all they have is shite indie popularist, shallow bollocks.

Theres a rumour going around of no Dance Tent and a 3 Day Lock-Up type thing this year. In a bigger tent, hence the lack of Metal + Punk on the main stage.

Could be good, in reality its probably going to make me cry from all the clashes

I might get a day ticket for reading saturday for Arcade fire. I have to see them! With any luck it'll be scheduled so I could see We Are Scientists in the tent. And maybe some good bands in the lockup/concrete jungle.

I wish download wasnt looking crap this year :(

Download is actually looking pretty good this year:

Devil Driver (good live, on record, not so good)

Dimmu Borgir

DragonForce

Killswitch Engage

Lamb Of God

Machine Head

Megadeth

Slayer

Shadows Fall

more to be announced soon. Unfortunately I don't have 150 quid to spend on gigs.

Sign in to follow this