N-Europe

Miyamato GDC Keynote 18:30 GMT - Something on the cards tonight from Shigsy?

Guest Jordan

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

christophicus makes a very good point.
This game is always hard to judge because of that.

But they waste a lot of polygons to make the planet's round and lightning is certainly above GC level.

As for space... space can confere less geometry, it's a special condition, so it's pretty hard to compare space to terrain scenarios; but Mario Galaxy is not a empty game by any means, it seems to always have some bigger planets nearby and then some smaller ones always loaded and capable of being seen from afar, that and, in some cases lot's of debris in the space moving, it also seems to bring some kind of physics engine into play.

A truly pretty game at it's own right.

Check on The Moto's comments on Eurogamer.

I thought that Mario 128 gave the inspiration for the Wii-mote?

So the original plan for Mario 128 was to have lots of small Mario's (pikmin style) and controlling their leaders via the a Wii-mote style add-on for the GC.

I watched the keynote I know they could of done better than that. But heck Shigsy is getter nearer to retirement.
I doubt Shiggy will ever retire while he can still make (great) games.

You can see he really loves to make them, who'd retire from doing something he loves? I wouldn't.

besides he's a very young man for his age :heh:

Also bare in mind that Mario is not in miyamoto hands anymore, it's in the hands of his apprentice, the guy who did Mario Sunshine and more recently Donkey Kong Jungle Beat , and zelda... zelda is in eiji aonuma hands.

Guest Stefkov
You didn't really miss that much. A new trailer for Mario Galaxy and not much else really...

well 22 pages :p

I'm watching it now on the NOE website anyway.

What makes you say that? Why would you suggest the most unprobable thing, instead of "Devs are lazy" or "Nintendo knows its own console better than third parties"?

I know I'm not sure why he always talks about stuff like he knows what he's on about. No body but the developers and Nintendo know about stuff like this.

Nintendo wouldn't prefer crappy looking games. Anyway I still really like Zeldas graphics apart from the few blurry textures.

Mario Galaxy looks class, this really will be the game that makes the Wii worth it imo. Can't wait for it.

From Game|Life

Waiting for the Miyamoto keynote to start, I’m sitting three rows from the front. Close enough to see Nintendo’s resident BMOC, Reggie Fils-Aime at the front of the crowd, working it with his trademark smile and good will. He poses for pictures, he signs Wiimotes, he presses the flesh with a goodnatured ease that would make even the most seasoned politician weep with envy.

“Kick his ass and take his name!” someone shouted from a few rows behind me.

“Who?” answered Reggie in mid-autograph.

“Phil Harrison, front row!” Sure enough, there was Phil Harrison, seated dead center, front row. Looks like he could show up on time for Nintendo’s keynote, but not Sony’s.

With a grin and a chuckle, Reggie replies, “Some would say we’ve already done that.”

Touchdown. The crowd goes wild.