N-Europe

One of Spores developers says "The Wii is a Piece of Sh*t!"

Dante

A video game is a piece of software that typically involves user/player interaction with a controller interface to generate visual feedback on a video screen. It also generally has some system of reward presented to the user in return for meeting certain accomplishments within the framework of a given ruleset

So, now you have to agree that Brain Training is a video game.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A video game is a piece of software that typically involves user/player interaction with a controller interface to generate visual feedback on a video screen. It also generally has some system of reward presented to the user in return for meeting certain accomplishments within the framework of a given ruleset

Theres my definition of a videogame. And yes I think tetris does have very good games design. Its not simply a software application becuase you have a score which you have to try and beat with each level becoming slightly more difficult.

Big Brain Academy fully meets your definition. It does everything that Tetris makes a game for you as well.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is it we are debating now?

The fact that ZeldaFreak hasn't played a game on the wii he likes yet?

:confused:

I think we're arguing whether ZeldaFreak has a valid opinion.

ZeldaFreak thinks he does, everyone else thinks he does not.

So, now you have to agree that Brain Training is a video game.

Its not a video game though.

Big Brain Academy fully meets your definition. It does everything that Tetris makes a game for you as well.

Now I thing back to my defination I should of added "A videogame has a start, middle(completing tasks) and an end (where the players character dies or a screen saying "Game over" appears to signal the end of game)

Nah, despite being a games developer in training he seems to have a very warped view of what makes a video game.

Its not me though 70% of the lads and lasses on my course have stated before that these sort of things aren't games.

Nah, despite being a games developer he seems to have a very warped view of what makes a video game.
Not even a games developer, more like a student of game development who doesn't completely understand the concept behind them.

Seriously, I don't want to be bad, but I see loads of people in these forums more qualified when it comes to gaming vision.

I'll not get further with this opinion since I'm not trying to insult, but I think he really needs to learn a lot, and be more open-minded. Learn to appreciate things for what they are, not for what they aren't.

Its not me though 70% of the lads and lasses on my course have stated before that these sort of things aren't games.
So now that it doesn't sound so right, you say you are actually going by their opinion, not yours?

That's why it's a course, they're there to learn, and I surely hope someone educates them if they have that vision, looking at you I'm frightned to think what else they think as a fact.

They surely aren't games for hardcore gamers, but that doesn't mean they aren't games; simple as that.

Its not a video game though.

It fits the desciption you posted.

Now I thing back to my defination I should of added "A videogame has a start, middle(completing tasks) and an end (where the players character dies or a screen saying "Game over" appears to signal the end of game)

So, Sim City, The Sims, Spore, Theme Park and all other similar "software titles" are, in fact, not video games?

So Animal Crossing isn't a game then?

Surely in Brain Training answering the questions is the same as completing tasks and the end is where you are given your Brain Age.

So if they simply pasted GAME OVER onto the screen before/after you're given your age it would then suddenly become a game?!

Surely in Brain Training answering the questions is the same as completing tasks and the end is where you are given your Brain Age.

Don't forget about the "unlockable" extra games in it. (You don't get them all at the start). Plus you get an "end" congratulations screen when you get an age off 20.

So, It still fits his new definition.

He knows he's wrong, that's why he keeps adding crap to his definition to suit his argument.

Yea. I could argue that GTA is not a video game. You never "die", you just get injured, and treated in hospital. And the game technically never ends.

i guess the biggest software title in the worl at the moment (World of Warcraft) is not a game. it has a start but middle and end? no and you dont get a game over either.

What am i to do now?

Tell me when you are playing Brain training does the word "playing" not imply it is infact a GAME?

i guess the biggest software title in the worl at the moment (World of Warcraft) is not a game. it has a start but middle and end? no and you dont get a game over either.

What am i to do now?

Tell me when you are playing Brain training does the word "playing" not imply it is infact a GAME?

No. ZeldaFreak is educating us!

What am i to do now?

I said an end where a character dies or a Game over screen

You can say that brin age is a game all you want its nota game, its a software application even the nintendo execs say "when you use Brain Age" not playing it. I'll admit its a popular application but its not a game.

Just to jump in, uncaring of flames: What he said made sense to me. He's not saying this just to look cool, he's sharing his opinion - it's not going to be uninformed or a lie, is it? Nintendo aren't taking things seriously enough, they just don't seem to care enough about what we really want.

Just to jump in, uncaring of flames: What he said made sense to me. He's not saying this just to look cool, he's sharing his opinion - it's not going to be uninformed or a lie, is it? Nintendo aren't taking things seriously enough, they just don't seem to care enough about what we really want.

By 'We' do you mean current Nintendo fans?