Mushroom Kingdom Hearts!

Ren of Heavens

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

EGM rumors, this month:

- Next Kingdom Hearts game will be a spin-off that will appear on a "hearty console".
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153012

Do I smell Wii?

Hearty - adjective

1. warm-hearted; affectionate; cordial; jovial: a hearty welcome.

2. genuine; sincere; heartfelt: hearty approval; hearty dislike.

3. completely devoted; wholehearted: hearty support.

4. exuberant; unrestrained: hearty laughter.

5. violent; forceful: a hearty push; a hearty kick.

6. physically vigorous; strong and well: hale and hearty.

7. substantial; abundant; nourishing: a hearty meal.

8. enjoying or requiring abundant food: a hearty appetite.

9. (of soil) fertile.

–noun Archaic.

10. a brave or good fellow, esp. with reference to a shipmate.

11. a sailor.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hearty

But, Hearty is archaic to Sailors?

shenmuesailorsyg7.jpg

Dreamcast 2 confirmed.

They should chuck us some Kingdom Hearts love on the DS, if not the Wii. Chain of Memories is a most solid little game.
They did a remake with KH2 graphics for it, came out like, 3 weeks ago in Japan with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.

The KH team or elements of it, are doing It's a Wonderful World for DS though.

I say the 360 will get Kingdom Hearts. It seems to be getting a lot of games lately that previously were Playstation exclusives.
Not likely since Xbox 360 is synonym of flop in Japan, and Kingdom Hearts is a RPG.

Square-Enix is not willing to take the risk for something that would be good for Microsoft alone, they're not that nice.

Besides I'm not looking at X360 as a market leader to sell Disney games (and games like it, look at Viva Pinata sales), that's why PS2 was chosen to start with.

If it was to come out on Xbox 360 it would be due to Moneyhats, and expensive ones at that. A Kingdom Hearts exclusive by it's turn (even if spinoff) would reach obscene values on moneyhats; it just doesn't make much sense to do it, market-wise.

DMC4 (for example) makes sense to make it available on X360, Kingdom Hearts does not.

As long as the next game isn't on PS3 I'm happy.

Wii or DS would be the most likely consoles for the series because they are successful in all territories and both systems have the best user-base for a Kingdom Hearts game which is aimed at younger gamers... Although many nostalgic teenagers play it too...

I can't wait to see the Playstation-Kingdom-Hearts fanboys' reactions when this game doesn't turn up on PS3 though. :hehe:

As long as the next game isn't on PS3 I'm happy.

Wii or DS would be the most likely consoles for the series because they are successful in all territories and both systems have the best user-base for a Kingdom Hearts game which is aimed at younger gamers... Although many nostalgic teenagers play it too...

I can't wait to see the Playstation-Kingdom-Hearts fanboys' reactions when this game doesn't turn up on PS3 though. :hehe:

One KH will be (for PS3), because it already started being done before PS3 flopped, right after KH2 came out in Japan a long time ago, they ain't gonna cancel it now, that's all there is to it. I doubt they'd take that decision today, but canceling would mean wasting a lot of money.

But they're not even gonna call it Kingdom Hearts apparently (keyblade war or something like that), they've repeatedly said it's not KH3 (and that implies there will be one). It's related to Kingdom hearts though, there was a teaser for it at the end on Kingdom hearts Final mix, seems a lot more Final Fantasy'ish than Kingdom Hearts, it's going for realism. (wish they didn't do it for PS3 though)

One KH will be (for PS3), because it already started being done before PS3 flopped, right after KH2 came out in Japan a long time ago, they ain't gonna cancel it now, that's all there is to it. I doubt they'd take that decision today, but canceling would mean wasting a lot of money.

But they're not even gonna call it Kingdom Hearts apparently (keyblade war or something like that), they've repeatedly said it's not KH3 (and that implies there will be one). It's related to Kingdom hearts though, there was a teaser for it at the end on Kingdom hearts Final mix, seems a lot more Final Fantasy'ish than Kingdom Hearts, it's going for realism. (wish they didn't do it for PS3 though)

I think it's very unlikely that the next Kingdom Hearts even has even begun development on the PS3 yet, the Kingdom Hearts Team (Headed by Tetsuya Nomura) have been working on Final Mix + and Versus XIII, therefore the game probably isn't even out of the design stages yet.

But yes you're right in saying that there is going to be a spin-off game that will probably have a darker tone than the other games, I do believe though personally that this game will definately be on a platform other than the Playstation 3, it may be on the DS just to play things safe which Square-Enix are very fond of doing.

I think it's very unlikely that the next Kingdom Hearts even has even begun development on the PS3 yet, the Kingdom Hearts Team (Headed by Tetsuya Nomura) have been working on Final Mix + and Versus XIII, therefore the game probably isn't even out of the design stages yet.
While it's true they've been somewhat busy, I believe they've already started, otherwise they wouldn't decide to do it for PS3 now, it's really risky, Japanese KH2 already had a FMV showing some armored dudes with realistic overtones, that trailer wasn't in Final Mix instead there was the new one who was widely publicized; I'd say that's definitely not for Wii.

Tetsuya Nomura is divided between projects, but the team is not, I believe, they were "officially" just doing KH2 final mix I believe (but I might be wrong), but if so, that was a pretty light schedule.

No point in going high-budget FF realism with KH, unless it's for PS3, to show how powerful it is and all, to show a big leap (or in this case a above all a big change in artistic direction); since I don't think realism fits with the franchise that well, we have other franchises for that. That's a route Square-Enix would feel more obliged to go on PS3, if it had to make a KH exclusive (that's what I believe, and it might not be explained that well)

But yes you're right in saying that there is going to be a spin-off game that will probably have a darker tone than the other games, I do believe though personally that this game will definately be on a platform other than the Playstation 3, it may be on the DS just to play things safe which Square-Enix are very fond of doing.
From what I saw... I pretty much doubt that's for DS, or even Wii.

I believe if they were to make a Kingdom Hearts 3 choosing anything but the Wii would be dumb right now. Hence why they might be postponing it. I hope if that's the case they test our market or something be it with a spinoff, or enhanced ports of KH 1 and 2.

Enhanced ports are just wishful thinking though, not likely to happen.

That one must be coming for PS3 though (the one who supposedly won't be called Kingdom Hearts)

I'm kinda confused by your first paragraph but anyway heres what I have to say:

Those realistic FMV's are a common trait in Kingdom Hearts, the game opens with an FMV, then ends with one and then at the end of the credits hints at what the nest game could be like:

Please do not watch these if you don't want the game spoiled.

Kingdom Hearts:

Opening

Ending

Secret Ending

Kingdom Hearts 2:

Opening

Ending

Secret Ending

Final Mix Ending

(Sorry if you found all those links unecessary Pedro)

So in Kingdom Hearts you always have these realistic FMVs but they don't mean anything by the presentation, In Kingdom Hearts 2 you see the Secret Ending to the original redone in the sequel in in-game graphics, therefore even though the Knights are presented in a realistically rendered FMV in the KH2 Secret Ending this doesn't mean anything, it's just very pretty fan-serivice for people like me that can't wait for the sequel.

For all we know the game could be on any platform.

As for the Kingdom Hearts Team I've also just remembered they are also making that DS game; It's a Wonderful World, so that's two games for the team on the agenda, unless another team is working on the next Kingdom Hearts game like how Jupiter made Chain of Memories I honestly believe the next game is still being designed, Nomura has also said a few times that he's taking a short break from the series.

So if that helps the special FMV ending has no bearing on what console the next game will be on, and it's very hard to determine what is actually happening with the series at the time being, although apparently new Kingdom Hearts projects that are in the works will be announced by the end of the Summer.

I have a feeling an anime may be in the works but I'm probably wrong.

(Sorry if you found all those links unecessary Pedro)
Not at all, I don't have a PS2, so although I've played KH1 and liked it... I've never really seen the beginning or the end, I won't look at the spoilers though, I've seen the KH2 Secret Ending a long time ago suggesting a new direction for a KH sequel, and saw Final Mix Ending afterwards who I assumed was a teaser for things to come, that associated with the creator talking about a (related?) game that won't be KH3 and all that.
So in Kingdom Hearts you always have these realistic FMVs but they don't mean anything by the presentation, In Kingdom Hearts 2 you see the Secret Ending to the original redone in the sequel in in-game graphics, therefore even though the Knights are presented in a realistically rendered FMV in the KH2 Secret Ending this doesn't mean anything, it's just very pretty fan-serivice for people like me that can't wait for the sequel.

For all we know the game could be on any platform.

Good to know. :)

I believe if they were to make a Kingdom Hearts 3 choosing anything but the Wii would be dumb right now. Hence why they might be postponing it. I hope if that's the case they test our market or something be it with a spinoff, or enhanced ports of KH 1 and 2.

Enhanced ports are just wishful thinking though, not likely to happen.

There's still an alright chance that may happen, Square Enix recently said that they would be re-releasing more older titles didn't they?