Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Stocka

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what!!??

I started a second play through of this last night! Yeehaa its good to be back in Sylvarant. I hope I can find the motivation to keep with it and complete it a second time.

It was cool spending my 1,500ish of GRADE before the game began, I got all the cheap stuff - like adding the play time onto the 50 hours I had already. Hopefully one day I'll be going through a third time and will have even more GRADE to spend to get the dearer things.

So what should I look to do on my second time through? I'm thinking of getting some more recipes and generally exploring a bit more - though I dont think I skipped on too much the first time. I do remember at the start somewhere I woman gave me a letter to deliver but I never came across the recipient, I'm gonna be extra methodical this time. :smile:

Oh, and like so many other people have already spoken about - I'm gonna try and seduce Sheena... though my heart is automatically going out to poor Collette once again. :hmm:

Oh, and like so many other people have already spoken about - I'm gonna try and seduce Sheena... though my heart is automatically going out to poor Collette once again. :hmm:

Just be negetive towards Collette whenever you get a skit where you get to choose an answer.

Or at the times when you have to split the party up into two teams don't choose Collete to be with Lloyld, and if Sheena is in the party pick her

ahhh..Sheena :heart:

Haha and you know what? I thought there wasnt much else for me to see and do in the game apart from the varied endings... so I went scavenging around the Tales o' Symphonia website and forums. I launched myself in like never before seeing as I no longer fear any possible spoilers... and lo and behold, I've discovered a whole host of side quests and things to do get, amongst alot of other things, different costumes! :hehe:

Tell me this though, I remember before running into this big Skeletal Boss type creature in the "Something Trial." I think its on the way to Palmacosta...? You run into Sheena there anyway. I was wondering that as this is my second time through, and I decided to start with 500 more HP, will I be able to defeat this baddie? (Or should I just return to him later when I'm stronger?)

I've only managed to beat the sword dancer at around lv 12 once. That was because I brought over the techs I had from my previous run through and just unisoned photon tempest on him. If you don't think you can take the sword dancer this way there are two things you can do. Travel to Luin before Palmacosta, that way it won't be destroyed and you can buy better weapons. If it is still an issue, your last chance to fight him is before you enter the tower of mana.

Know what? On my way through the Ossa Trail, I thought I would give that big beast a try out down in the mines. :blank:

And you know what? I threw everything I had at him, I used up all my Gels and all my Revives and even used the Divider item thingy. :blank:

...and well, you wanna know what?? After a long long fight using all them items up... and ending with only Kratos alive with barely any health left (he was heavily in the red...) I was victorious!! VICTORIOUS!! :yay:

So now I have the Yata Mirror for whatever good it'll do me and the promise that the big tart of a sword weilding skeleton will meet me again later. :shakehead

All aboard for Palmacosta! :hehe:

Know what? On my way through the Ossa Trail, I thought I would give that big beast a try out down in the mines. :blank:

And you know what? I threw everything I had at him, I used up all my Gels and all my Revives and even used the Divider item thingy. :blank:

...and well, you wanna know what?? After a long long fight using all them items up... and ending with only Kratos alive with barely any health left (he was heavily in the red...) I was victorious!! VICTORIOUS!! :yay:

So now I have the Yata Mirror for whatever good it'll do me and the promise that the big tart of a sword weilding skeleton will meet me again later. :shakehead

All aboard for Palmacosta! :hehe:

Use Colette and her angelic spells next time you meet him - they're super effective!

That's if you weren't doing that already!

Shes effective is she? Cos for a bit of variety from the last time I played the game I sidelined her from my fighting four. You mean to say that if she had been there that I woulda defeated that guy five or ten minutes sooner?

Nooooo!

(Thanks for the tip though, she'll be in fighting against him next time, brother!)

(And by the way Twilight, I never realised before that you were into Tales of Symphonia - nice taste bro! : peace: )

I love the game, probably my favourite from the last generation, played it 3 times through, well over 150 hours!

Did the Skeleton dude side quest (you have to beat him 3 times and the item you get after the 3rd is definitely worth it) and the Abyssion (or something similar) side quest which ends in the hardest battle of the game!

Colette's attacks are strong against all dark type creatures, I think you can tell the type of the enemy by the colour of the border around their picture, or something similar!

I actually really fancy playing it again, but I sold it due to needing money to buy a Wii - only got £17 for it and would probably cost me nearly double that to buy it back again!

I saw it preowned in Gamestation today for about £25. Although the box was in too great of a condition to simply be preowned. But regardless snow, I woulld have switched it off and tried again because only Kratos would have got all the Juicy exp.

i haven't actually played tos for a long time but i think after i finish sonic i might go back to it i'm about halfway through my second time (using exp 2x)

on my old file (i made a copy of my file before beating the final boss on my first play through) i'm trying to beat abbision. Whats the recomended level and characters?

i haven't actually played tos for a long time but i think after i finish sonic i might go back to it i'm about halfway through my second time (using exp 2x)

on my old file (i made a copy of my file before beating the final boss on my first play through) i'm trying to beat abbision. Whats the recomended level and characters?

Can't remember levels but make sure you have Genis and that he's learnt the Meteor Shower (Storm?) move and have him use that a lot.

I definitely had Lloyd, Genis and Raine. Can't remember who my final member was, possible Sheen a for her summons, but if not it would have been Kratos.

Personally I don't think it matters who you have, just use a character you can fight with easily, and have someone can stay on heal. (Raine) To beat him easily you need to change some settings in the AI, or switch to all out battle setting.

Change most settings to use skills at once, so they combo him and increase knockdowns. And to attack same. That way you can rack up some masive combos and finish it with a unison or a special attack. For a healer, set them to heal or support, which will help you through.

I really miss this game :(

I remember beating Abyssion on Mania mode...took me 40minutes or something stupid like that lol...well worth it though!

Also, wasn't there an extra spirit you could get called maxwell or something? i remember getting him but can't remember if it was part of the story...

I really miss this game :(

I remember beating Abyssion on Mania mode...took me 40minutes or something stupid like that lol...well worth it though!

Also, wasn't there an extra spirit you could get called maxwell or something? i remember getting him but can't remember if it was part of the story...

I remember him, had 4 arms or something. You had to go to some floating town to find him, I think it was where Raine and Genis were born, but not sure?