Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Stocka

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could anyone tell me where to download the song of the opening anime thing in tos (not the japanese version) I have the sound track but it is'nt on there because the sound track is japanese and the song is'nt in the japanese game.

PM me your address and I can send it to you. Although it only seems to play in winamp for some reason. Media player doesn't like it.

Hey all.

I've been viewing n-europe since it was first cube-europe and decided it was time to join....Anyway, after wanting this game for ages my partner managed to get it for me on ebay (Along with Killer7 for only £23!!)

So i've just started out and have got to the very first temple and basically i'm looking for any general hints or anything you can give. I'm not stuck but I don't seem too good at the battles so any help or tips would be appreciated. Also because its such a huge game I want to get the most out of it on the first play through so anything I should look out for please let me know.

I would go back and read the whole thread but I don't really want to come across any spoilers so any general tips on the game and the battles in it would be much appreciated.

So Thanks and Hi : peace:

you should use a magic lense on every boss. make sure to block. when lloyd or whoever you are using flys across the screen after taking a big hit press the block button so you dont get stuned. when some one is about to finish charging for a spell (an enemy) move around. create a balanced team (2 meleers 1 mage 1 healer) If you have any questions email me at [email protected].

Thanks for the info emasher, its much appreciated: peace: . I've just finished the first temple and have just left the village to bring Lloyd home. At the moment only Lloyd and his friend are in my party, though I have just been introduced to his 'dog ( :) )' but im not sure if I can use him for anything.

I wasn't aware I could be other characters in battle, I should really read the manual, I was just so excited about wanting this game for so long I stuck it straight in! :)

Yes, TOS is truly an awesome RPG! I only just finished it recently (storyline wise). I was playing it from about 1am to 4am every night! And there was never a dull moment! I'm still playing it now, because I want to do all the side-quests, collect everything, etc...

Oh yeh, and I love the Boss music in this game, especially the Angel, The last boss of the game and the summon boss battles!

I've also heard Skies of Arcadia is an awesome RPG aswell. I will definently be buying that game. But that won't be anytime soon, because i'm having so much fun with this game.

The weird thing is, I brought this game ages ago, and for some reason I didn't like it, but then I gave Tales of Eternia a try on my psp, and once I got used to the battle system I really enjoyed the game. So then I decided to give TOS another go, now that i'm used to the battle system I managed to complete the part where I was stuck and thus get futher into the game, which in turn made me intrested in the game again!

So my advise is: If you don't like this game at first, keep playing it, and keep practicing in battles. Eventually the battle system is a piece of cake, and I actually prefer it to the turn-based battles.

BTW did I mention how awesome this game is!

Yeah that was my problem. I couldn't get used to the battle system. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it now though and it's an awesome game. I wish I had picked it up sooner but now that I do have it I'm really enjoying the game.

I'm not that far yet. I had been spending some time levelling up before the fire temple to help me kill that boss. Now I have just taken a boat to the Huge city (I forget the name) and after replacing the broken Potion (Damn Collette) I saved!

Can't wait to get back to it now :)

• 3 months later...

Thought it would be appropriate to post this here aswell.

On December 28th 2006, a video appeared on Youtube.com featuring footage from the Tales of Symphonia OVA. The footage shows several scenes, including Kratos Aurion at Anna's grave, an edited beginning scene in the Martel Temple, and a scene with Lloyd Irving and Colette Brunel outside in a field.

Anybody seen/heard anything?

Also I started playing this game again.Gotta love it.

EDIT - Found the footage of it.Looks great.

Here

OMG, that looks GREAT, i can't wait, is the OVA like out in Japan now so? How long before fan subs hit the net do you think, there's no way i could possibly wait for the western release.

OMG, i feel all tingly inside, Symphonia Forever, wohooooooooo

(although kinda sucks they use the red logo used for the Japan only PS2 version, i'm sure it sold best on the GC and therefore that should be the logo version used)

I was chuffed enough to see this thread back but... after clicking and watching that little snippet... yum! This looks extremely chouette. Ma pauvre Collette, what a great game that was and is. I think Im one of the few though that have just completed it once.

Keep us up to date with developments, Tales o' Symphonia loves on! :smile:

I just want to say that I too am annoyed about the red logo for the ova being used. But then again the ps2 version is the superior version content wise. (But I still love the cube version with all my heart and soul) I just say this because of the extra battles and costumes, plus regal actually has some unison attack compound skills. But as far a load times go the cube version rocks. The second I got my cube fixed it was the first game I played and I had another one of those 4 hour gaming sessions.

I've heard alot about this game, and I actually really want a copy, but I'm finding much trouble in doing so. Does anyone know somewhere that I'd be able to get it, for hopefully less than £10 or £15, other than eBay?

You Sir, are very hopeful. Very hopeful indeed.

Thanks, I think I just found that out when I couldn't find anything below £30 on eBay and nothing below £50 on amazon. Looks like I'm gonna have to find me a friend who has it, unfortunately not alot of them had GCs, or were into this sort of thing :(

Thanks, I think I just found that out when I couldn't find anything below £30 on eBay and nothing below £50 on amazon. Looks like I'm gonna have to find me a friend who has it, unfortunately not alot of them had GCs, or were into this sort of thing :(
try a us version they cost $19.99 there, buy a freeloader and you're set. (if you aren't trying to play it on Wii, that is)

I think Im one of the few though that have just completed it once.

i've only beat it once too (though i was half way through on my second play through before zelda came out)

i found a used copy of baiten kaitos yesterday in great condition for only $20.00 canadian. (about 17 us) since both games were developed around the same time by the same developer i'm guessing eb games (GAME) may have a copy of tos for a similar amount.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!