Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Stocka

its downloading right now, i hope it installs and plays with no problems... since people seem to be having problems...

edit* I just played through the game, and i thought it was hilariously good. all the zelda characters lol, it seems to work fine, the forest bit was confusing thuogh haha

great game are you planning on doing the whole game? or that is it?

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its downloading right now, i hope it installs and plays with no problems... since people seem to be having problems...

edit* I just played through the game, and i thought it was hilariously good. all the zelda characters lol, it seems to work fine, the forest bit was confusing thuogh haha

great game are you planning on doing the whole game? or that is it?

Wow thanks! That's like PERFECT feedback :D

At the moment, I've started working on it again (i stopped for exam purposes). The problem is that it would take too long to remake the ENTIRE thing so i might make one part (and called it Sylvarant Stories) and then if that goes well, make the second half of it (and call it Tethalla (spell?) tales).

Anyway, cheers for that feedback! :D:D:D:D:D Hopefully, others will be able to download it or PM their Email so i can email it to them.

Today I managed to beat Mithos on Mania mode. I took his second form down in just 37.54 seconds. And he used indignation Judgement which I managed to dodge somehow. All it managed to do was hit a downed Sheena.

Max hit 23

Time 37.54

Grade 5.28

WOOO finally i've got it ready for everyone to download on a better site than that crappy megaupload.com! You'll have to become a member but it's very quick and free and you don't need to give your personal details :D

link for game:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FBCBD48D05184CCA

link for instructions:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A698075005E5F060

Again, make sure u download the instructions.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it'll only be on the site for 7 days :(

I have just completed this game tonight.

Oh my God! I cannot believe the tremendously gorgeous story, cast, and events that go together to present this title. Close to the end, I was greatly saddened by what was happening, and then for what did happen was absolutely fantastic.

Not since The Lost Age or Another Code have I felt so attached to the people of the game, and, for a title to do this, to me, is wonderful. Till this point, I was only looking forward to Twilight Princess (and Smash Bros Brawl a little...). Now, I want a sequel, I want to play games again.

I can't believe I have had the game for some 20 months, started, played for about 11 hours, then didn't touch it till late last month. I'm so glad I did go back to it, Tales more than deserved it. Who cares if it's a generic RPG? What game isn't generic these days? It's the unique story of each that gives them their own qualities, whether they be good or bad, and Tales' is certainly the former rather than the latter...

Anyone who hasn't played it, this is one of the GCN's great RPGs, of what there is, please, buy it, play it, and prey to the Goddess Martel that the Namco RPG in development for Wii is a sequel.

I have just completed this game tonight.

Oh my God! I cannot believe the tremendously gorgeous story, cast, and events that go together to present this title. Close to the end, I was greatly saddened by what was happening, and then for what did happen was absolutely fantastic.

Not since The Lost Age or Another Code have I felt so attached to the people of the game, and, for a title to do this, to me, is wonderful. Till this point, I was only looking forward to Twilight Princess (and Smash Bros Brawl a little...). Now, I want a sequel, I want to play games again.

I can't believe I have had the game for some 20 months, started, played for about 11 hours, then didn't touch it till late last month. I'm so glad I did go back to it, Tales more than deserved it. Who cares if it's a generic RPG? What game isn't generic these days? It's the unique story of each that gives them their own qualities, whether they be good or bad, and Tales' is certainly the former rather than the latter...

Anyone who hasn't played it, this is one of the GCN's great RPGs, of what there is, please, buy it, play it, and prey to the Goddess Martel that the Namco RPG in development for Wii is a sequel.

It's brilliant, isn't it. The story isn't exactly super original, but the likeable characters and plot twists and turns supplement the sublime fighting system to create possibly my favourite game ever.

I'd just like to add that the music in the game is also brilliant. Some of the battle soundtracks have a real epic quality to them, especially when you're struggling to beat a boss. I really like how the characters say a few lines before the battle begins - it's fantastic. I have a really supreme remix of Fighting of the Spirit for anyone interested.

As a testament to the game's greatness I must confess I rarely play through a game twice. I have beaten Tales of Symphonia several times, and it hooked me each time just as much as the first time through. Praise Symphonia.

I can't wait for the OVA.

It's brilliant, isn't it. The story isn't exactly super original, but the likeable characters and plot twists and turns supplement the sublime fighting system to create possibly my favourite game ever.

I'd just like to add that the music in the game is also brilliant. Some of the battle soundtracks have a real epic quality to them, especially when you're struggling to beat a boss. I really like how the characters say a few lines before the battle begins - it's fantastic. I have a really supreme remix of Fighting of the Spirit for anyone interested.

As a testament to the game's greatness I must confess I rarely play through a game twice. I have beaten Tales of Symphonia several times, and it hooked me each time just as much as the first time through. Praise Symphonia.

I can't wait for the OVA.

Oh my goodness! How could I leave out the soundtrack! The workings of Takeshi Arai are brilliant. His compositions in Golden Sun were wonderful, even for the GBA! And his work in the Mario Sports titles are strongly influenced by his RPG compositions.

Even the overworld of The Lost Age after finding Isaac and his party is very similar to the opening of Tales.

I love the fighting of the Spirit music (when you go and beat bosses like Volt for example so Sheena can summon them), and Fatalize is amazing too (When you fight Sheena and Abyssion).

ANyway, how long did it take people to complete the game? It took me 26 hours the first time round without a game and I was at Lvl 73. It took me 1 hours longer the second time round because of Abyssion.

Well so far I've racked up a total of 164 hours of play time. But hey, its a great game with some great music. I suppose what really makes tos stand out from other rpg's is the indept battle system. I mean compared to your average turn based rpg, tales puts you in full control. From giving tech orders, setting battle preferences and individual battle tactics for each character. Although from the looks of it besides tempest most tales games are going to sony. Even the next iteration of tales of the world is going to psp which was a gba exclusive.

I love the fighting of the Spirit music (when you go and beat bosses like Volt for example so Sheena can summon them), and Fatalize is amazing too (When you fight Sheena and Abyssion).

ANyway, how long did it take people to complete the game? It took me 26 hours the first time round without a game and I was at Lvl 73. It took me 1 hours longer the second time round because of Abyssion.

It took me about 65 hours on my first file (that includes Abyssion and most of the various side-quests) with all my characters around level 70 and a 92% complete monster list.

I carried over my monster list and play time to my second file and I'm currently outside Palmacosta at around level 20 with a total time of 70 hours. :)

Is it true that there is a way to keep Kratos on your party? if so does it change the story?

basically, you need to make the 'wrong storyline decisions' for Zelos so that he hates you (basically, dont be nicey nice to him) and make good choices when you have Kratos. You can tell the affinity of a character towards Lloyd by going to the fortune tellers place at that desert town right near the start(forget the name).

you dont exactly 'keep' Kratos, but later on:

anyway. i will agree with the 'spirit battle' music. that is the best in the whole game. i have turned the volume up on MANY occassions for that. it really gets the blood pumping!

The desert town is called Triet by the way.

Also if you do that does that mean you get to fight Zelos?

Yeah it does (so sad it is).

basically, there's a scene in the game towards the end where Lloyd and the crew are all in that snowy place (forgot the name lol), and Lloyd is alone in his room. Someone will randomly knock on the door (like Genis or collette or sheena) and will ask for you to go outside with them. To get Kratos back, you need to say NO to everyone and if you were nice to kratos earlier on in the game, Kratos will call Lloyd to come outside, and then you and kratos talk and eventually become a team again.

Apparently if Kratos when you go to Flanoir, doesn't think much of you, he won't join and you will still end up with collette as your soul mate, I've yet to try this as well, I don't think its worth the effort. Also everything above probably should have been in spoiler tags.

Man, I don't understand why everyone here thinks the story is that great. In my opinion it was extremely unbalanced and unoriginal. If you want attachment to characters, play some goddamn final fantasys.

Man, I don't understand why everyone here thinks the story is that great. In my opinion it was extremely unbalanced and unoriginal. If you want attachment to characters, play some goddamn final fantasys.

You opinion, we accept that, your talking bollocks but we accept that.

Well you saying that im talking bollocks is your opinion.

I'm not going to argue my case because I will most like'y get beaten down by the huge number of ToS fanboys who visit this thread. I leave with this: ToS is good but not great, there are better games.

I prefer the battle system. Personally I feel that it is miles greater than final fantasy. I'm not a fan of the turn based system, as I find it to be highly unrealistic in terms of representing an actual battle.

I personally think Zell is right in regards to the story. I have said it many times if you played FFX first then this seems like a complete rip-off. Dont get me wrong i do enjoy Tales but like Zell said its a good game not a great game.

For me a major negative point is the lack of real emotion. Sure I felt something when everyone was getting picked off one by one to help Lloyd on his way but its nothing compared to the endings of both Final Fantasy VIII and X. Oh and before anyone metions the Aeris incident I felt nothing for that slag!

If you want attachment to characters, play some goddamn final fantasys.

cant say as i agree.

=ff6 i played a long time ago. but i didnt grow attached to characters, otherwise im sure id remember what happened!!!

=ff7 was good, but i didnt grow attached,

=ff8 i couldnt get into at all.

=ff9 i really liked. and grew attachments

=ffX silly

=ffX2 harlots

FF games do deliver when it comes to gameplay, i'll give them that. they are awesome games, but the character attachment isnt there.

try playing a game like 'illusion of time' on the snes. i will always have memories (and so does my mum, and that was about 10 years ago) of me on a raft, trying to catch a damn fish for the snobby princess! or the disbelief of when one of the main characters best friends is eaten, and turned into a giant fish!

but then again, this is just my opinion :grin:

im sure that people get attached to different characters for different reasons... probably deeply psychological being able to feel for a characters situation for whatever reason.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!