NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

gta6.jpg

Placeholder textures FTL. Sort that fricking bridge out.

I still think it looks damn good though, and I can't stand GTA.

gta3.jpg

That screen backs up my opinion on it looking good I feel.

The main difference between GTA 4 and Saints Row/Crackdown is that GTA doesn't look like it came out of a cat's ass.

I just hope now they get the feel of the cars and crowd dynamics right!

Finally its streaming on eurogamer.

hmmmmm 50 minute wait for that.

still cant wait for it.

The main difference between GTA 4 and Saints Row/Crackdown is that GTA doesn't look like it came out of a cat's ass.

And GTA IV is the original of these types of games. Though the graphical style of Crackdown i think is okay, GTA (Since III) has always been trying to be realistic.

Finally watched the trailer.

Yet another reason why I'm getting a 360.

Damn, Halo 3, Galaxy, Brawl, Prime 3 and this, it's gonna be one hell of a Christmas this year.

Who ever says the graphics arnt fantastic should stop playing games.

I never said that, it's just it seems like nothing more from the others than graphics.

If they can give me a sprawling world that looks like this, and isn't completely empty like Just Cause, i'm so there.

This could be another great example of why graphics do matter.

The real world is rather bland... you should get out more.

Games aren't supposed to mimic games exactly like the world though. They never actually will call this New York City, they'll call it Liberty City - which is a cop out.

But they could have set it in any country in the world and done it in the style of crackdown, Rockstar aren't really innovating now like the first GTA in 3d - they are all the same now.

The cars seem to react better from what I can see...well they at least have suspension!

Any chance of this having co-op over live??

Games aren't supposed to mimic games exactly like the world though. They never actually will call this New York City, they'll call it Liberty City - which is a cop out.

But they could have set it in any country in the world and done it in the style of crackdown, Rockstar aren't really innovating now like the first GTA in 3d - they are all the same now.

Fine then, what in hell would you want it to have that's so innovative?

Keeping in mind, we've seen a 1 minute teaser, and that's all we know.

I never said that, it's just it seems like nothing more from the others than graphics.

Oh i know, that wasnt aimed at you :P

This GTA looks a lot more serious and grittier than the others! I like!

I was expecting a new location for this, but it doesn't matter. This looks amazing, and playing GTA in a city like that is going to rule.

I'm very disappointed in the fact they've chosen New York AGAIN, but in my experience of playing GTA, the city doesn't really even matter. It's not like they'll be using the same map as the previous GTA games which used New York.

Cities and states in GTA series.

Liberty City - New York City (Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Advance, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (featured prominently in one mission),Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV)

Vice City - A city based on Miami (Grand Theft Auto , Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories); the Vice City and Vice City Stories renditions of the city are suggested to be located in the state of Florida.

San Andreas - San Francisco (Grand Theft Auto), and a state based upon California and Nevada (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas). Note that the GTA1 version of San Andreas is significantly different with the GTA; San Andreas version: One is a city, the other is a state. Their relation is never made clear.

Los Santos - Los Angeles

San Fierro - San Francisco

Las Venturas - Las Vegas

Anywhere City - Unknown (Grand Theft Auto 2)

Carcer City - Most likely Newark or Detroit. Said to be neighboring Liberty City (Manhunt takes place in Carcer City; mentioned in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories)

Non-fictional

London (Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969 and Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961)

Manchester - an add-on, multiplayer-only city (Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961)

Salford (featured in The Introduction, a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas prequel film)

All we need is an option to play as Spiderman and I can save some money!!!