N-Europe

Write For N-Europe!

Conor_NE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've send my first one off...I hope theres more than one place, seeing as Caris has already been made a Staff Member :).

Caris is helping with News and Videos, but we need more feature writers.

Also, we could do with a few more newsies. We're rebuilding/expanding, so we're looking to take on a lot more people now. But, the main thing we want is commitment. (however you spell that damn word). Especially if you're looking to be a feature writer. We can't have one article every six months, or one on the first Sunday of every January. No.

Also, we could do with a few more newsies. We're rebuilding/expanding, so we're looking to take on a lot more people now. But, the main thing we want is commitment. (however you spell that damn word). Especially if you're looking to be a feature writer. We can't have one article every six months, or one on the first Sunday of every January. No.

I was already for the greeness till I saw that word commitment, get's me every time :heh:

So Fierce....

Well, I'm more than good for writing one or two a week. Depends on what the subject matter is. I mean, what would be the perfect thing for me would be having been given some suggenstions every week, and if I don't like them, doing something I want instead. But it can work both ways, I don't know how the writers you have aready go about writing, whether you tell them what to write.

Well, I'm more than good for writing one or two a week. Depends on what the subject matter is. I mean, what would be the perfect thing for me would be having been given some suggenstions every week, and if I don't like them, doing something I want instead. But it can work both ways, I don't know how the writers you have aready go about writing, whether you tell them what to write.

Sounds like you need some guidance, mon Frere. But, it also sounds like you're enthusiastic.

Submit an entry or two to Conor, and then maybe write him another email asking for some mentoring or something to that effect? Like, I want to write, I think I can write, But I need help in decide what to write about. What is needed/not needed, etc. HELP MOI!

Newsies?

I'm getting a bit worried about this commitment stuff, I don't think I'd be able to commit to anything until May/June time due to uni exams and that. How often are you looking at an article coming up?

Also, why do these topics not sort of merge across boards like? Like, this topic is different to the one on the wii boards, different posts and stuff(excepting the first few)

Newsies?

I'm getting a bit worried about this commitment stuff, I don't think I'd be able to commit to anything until May/June time due to uni exams and that. How often are you looking at an article coming up?

Also, why do these topics not sort of merge across boards like? Like, this topic is different to the one on the wii boards, different posts and stuff(excepting the first few)

Newsies are news posters. Basically, people who post news on the main site.

Not sure how often we have to get these articles done by, you may have to ask Conor about that.

The topics were created seperately I think. Either that, or Conor created one, and then copied it over. Two seperate threads, not related by some sort of link.

I see, would be cool if you could like get it linked across all the boards like some sort of global announcement thingy.

As for newsies, I thought that was what you meant, has Dante not applied for the job? He does have an awful lot of news, though it isn't always Ninty related.

I see, would be cool if you could like get it linked across all the boards like some sort of global announcement thingy.

As for newsies, I thought that was what you meant, has Dante not applied for the job? He does have an awful lot of news, though it isn't always Ninty related.

I think Dante has worked for C-E in the past, under the username Kigan. I think. However, I'm not sure why he's not part of the team. I'll look into that.

The only problem I have with Dante is that his posts are just straightforward copying and pasting. Finding the news is a small part of the newsposting process, which Caris will definitely back me up on.

There's finding the news, rewriting it in your own words, checking for errors and inaccuracies, and then coding. It doesn't sound like much, but a newspiece can take from between 5 to 50 minutes, depending on what the news is. Caris pointed out to me yesterday that Dante doesn't need to rewrite posts for the forum, which is true. So, if he does that, I think he would make an excellent newsposter on this site, so we'll see.

Damn you for looking for news writers,but I wouldn't be able to properly commit till the end of May.

I'm assuming you'll have openings in the future right?

We'll always be on the lookout for ways to expand the team, be it with feature writers, news writers, or other means.

I'm OK with news, I'm always on top of them and I have time to put them up I just don't have time for articles. If you want me I can help you guys with the news.

EDIT:I don't copy/paste stuff on the forums all the time, cause I know Dante will do it, but I do know stuff earlier as you can see during E3s and conferences I usually deliver news. Also, I think I have a good grasp on english and already wrote for two portuguese webistes. So, if you're looking for newsies too, I'd like to try out, just show me the way:P And I'm totally free until late September and after that I still have more than enough time to post news.