NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guyver

Trick to Boot GC Imports on your PAL Wii

Yes it actually works, i tried it on my pal wii 2.1E. This trick was discovered by Dolqube at maxconsole.net

It allows you to boots up your imports and the old version of freeloader/Action replay. :)

He also got import wii games to work, but he hasn't released any info yet on how to do it.

Dolqube's disc trick|

------------------TUTORIAL-------------------------

1. put an original gc game into the wii.

2. hover the remote over the start button.

3. press the eject button.

4. press start at last second. ie. before the button is disabled

5. swap discs really fast .ie get it started before blue light comes on.

6. away we go AR and imports. note: AR not needed for imports

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=51099

That sounds good. is it hard to do?

Not really, but needs some practice :awesome: on the disk swapping part. Make sure to change before the blue light comes on.

I'm glad this trick allows you to bootup the old version of Action replay, save me buying the new version :D

So i wasted some money of freeloader? -_-...Hopefully he'll say how to do Wii games, it'll be awesome if it's easy; there's bound to be ones I'll want.....Naruto:heh:

*sigh* If only there was something similar for PS2...I'm being forced to get an NTSC ps2...my 3rd one...:(.

*sigh* If only there was something similar for PS2...I'm being forced to get an NTSC ps2...my 3rd one...:(.

HDLoader and Swap Magic allow you to play NTSC stuff on PAL PS2 for reasonably low prices.

It works!

Oh yoy!

Most my cube games where NTSC. finally I can play naruto again :D

--

Adrian DX says naruto 2 does not work with this. Can anyone confirm?

OMG ... I sense an online update might fix this trickery. so dont tell nintendo we know. In fact dont tell anyone we know. It can be our littel secret!

Does this allow full blown playing of backups?

There appears to be a microsecond between pressing the button and the blue light appearing...theres not even enough time to pull the first disk out...

There appears to be a microsecond between pressing the button and the blue light appearing...theres not even enough time to pull the first disk out...

That's the same problem with me,I can't make it before the blue light comes on.

Tried again. It worked.

edit:

OMG ... I sense an online update might fix this trickery. so dont tell nintendo we know. In fact dont tell anyone we know. It can be our littel secret!

I don't think Nintendo will be able to do anything about it without changing the whole way the Wii plays GameCube games...and I doubt Nintendo will want to do something that could mess up backwards compatability.

No, it doesn't play backups.

Tried again. It worked.

I always end up getting the import in then the blue light appears :hmm:

Any tips?

I always end up getting the import in then the blue light appears :hmm:

Any tips?

Just keep trying - put something "safe" for the normal disk to land on, have the import disk in the same hand as the one you take the disk out, when you can, just pull out and drop the normal disk, and quickly slot the import one.

hmmm gonna try this, still got my old american Animal Crossing, which I was gonna sell now cos I got rid of my cube...

if it works means I could get Tales Of Symphonia NTSC cheap. woohoo

How odd, is this safe? I mean...theres no-way you can break your wii doing this, is there?

Release how you do it with imported Wii games PLEASE.

Perhaps it's exactly the same method?

Regardless of if I boot freeloader and pick PAL or not, Sonic Mega Collection NTSC looks funky. There's a gigantic black bar at the bottom.

Does this occur with the newer Freeloader that supposedly works on the Wii aswell?

Well managed to get this to work on my copy of animal crossing took about 15 tries though is pretty hard, you've gotta be super fast.

Been thinking Nintendo could easily patch this though, just sync it different so the disc drive is disabled for those few seconds, or resync it so the start button immediatly fades out when a disk is ejected rather than giving you the few seconds to press it and boot up the gamecube.

But theres no real reason for them to do it, unless somebody finds a way to use it for Wii games.

Been thinking Nintendo could easily patch this though, just sync it different so the disc drive is disabled for those few seconds, or resync it so the start button immediatly fades out when a disk is ejected rather than giving you the few seconds to press it and boot up the gamecube.

I doubt they will - the eject button itself doesn't seem to be connected to the actual OS, and therefore they can't change its functions. It takes a second for the start button to face because it takes time for the Wii to notice the lack of disk - it doesn't seem to notice the pressing of the eject button any more than the GameCube.

And due to the GameCube Emulation actuallt working by making the console run in "GameCube mode", I doubt theres much Nintendo can do without risking the Backwards Compatability.

How odd, is this safe? I mean...theres no-way you can break your wii doing this, is there?

Release how you do it with imported Wii games PLEASE.

Perhaps it's exactly the same method?

Well, it's in no way condoned, and you never know it might send your wii mental, so do it at your own risk.

As the OP said, the guy hadn't released the wii method yet.

I'm worried about it happening too, I found out the other day my old AR doesn't work :(. Cube's post above makes me feel slightly better though, but I bet they'll find a way to fix it.

Sign in to follow this