NEurope
Stocka

Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario 64

Well Super Mario 64 had the red coin collecting in every level plus the cap levels plus a few others. So there were at least 20 stars that were obtained through coin collecting in that game as well!

Sunshine was good, it has extremely nice graphics, but Mario 64 had the levels, the hidden stuff, the surprises, the hats and the music.

Mario 64 > Sunshine.

I can't help but think that all Sunshine needed was the backflip and the long jump (the hover would still be useful), and that both could of been easily implemented.

could of been

"Could have been" or "could've been".

Did everyone suddenly forget the verb "to have" somewhere around 2005? Don't hate me, I'm just trying to help.

And btw, just to be on topic, it seems to me from the new SMG trailer that Mario's movements have kind of returned to the way they were in M64, the fluidity I mean. The stiffness of SMS seems to be far behind fortunately.

Did everyone suddenly forget the verb "to have" somewhere around 2005? Don't hate me, I'm just trying to help.

The influx of people saying that to me has forced my brain to subconsciously write "could of been" instead of "could have been". It's not my fault.

tbh i do like sunshine better

but i really don't like 3d platformers that much

i prefer the sidescrollers

tbh i do like sunshine better

but i really don't like 3d platformers that much

i prefer the sidescrollers

it's not that i don't respect your opinion it's just i can't understand it. i found bar graphics 64 is better in every possible way

i found bar graphics 64 is better in every possible way

I would say that Super Mario Sunshine is a "Graphics over Gameplay" game. It still looks lovely now.

Still...I do admit that Super Mario 64 is the only Mario platformer I've enjoyed.

has anyone read the recent article in edge?

weel worth a read, even if it is a little pretentious:heart:

it's not that i don't respect your opinion it's just i can't understand it. i found bar graphics 64 is better in every possible way

That's because it is!

However, I'm looking forward to Super Paper Mario a lot more than I am looking forward to Mario Galaxy.

I'm looking forward to both, and I'm eventually going to play through SM64 on Wii and SMW on Wii as well. Also playing through NSMB on DS right now, which is a great game imo.

I'm quite a Mario fan actually.

I'm looking forward to both, and I'm eventually going to play through SM64 on Wii and SMW on Wii as well. Also playing through NSMB on DS right now, which is a great game imo.

I'm quite a Mario fan actually.

I still haven't finished New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. Neither have I finished Sonic Rush...I suck at platformers.

I was quite chuffed when I finished both 3D mario games.

And btw, just to be on topic, it seems to me from the new SMG trailer that Mario's movements have kind of returned to the way they were in M64, the fluidity I mean. The stiffness of SMS seems to be far behind fortunately.

my RE teacher says could of instead of could have all the time. along with many other bad pronunciations.

my RE teacher says could of instead of could have all the time. along with many other bad pronunciations.

Well, in oral english "could've" (contraction of "could have", like "didn't" and "did not") sounds exactly like "could of". Only in written form can you see the difference. But nevermind.

Well, in oral english "could've" (contraction of "could have", like "didn't" and "did not") sounds exactly like "could of". Only in written form can you see the difference. But nevermind.

no her accent makes it obvious

and you can notice the difference quite easily.

could've sounds like could uv

could of sounds like could of.

the bigger gap also makes it distinguishable.

But nevermind.

no her accent makes it obvious

and you can notice the difference quite easily.

could've sounds like could uv

could of sounds like could of.

the bigger gap also makes it distinguishable.

But nevermind.

Before I read your post I was gonna say the same sorta thing.:heh:

I still haven't finished New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. Neither have I finished Sonic Rush...I suck at platformers.

I was quite chuffed when I finished both 3D mario games.

I have never been into handheld gaming, but New Super Mario Bros. was one of two titles (the other being Advance Wars) that nearly tempted me into it.

Both games were great imho, but SM64 held the jaw drop factor and memories for me. At the time the game came out it was perfect from my pov in every department.

Although in its defense SMS had the attraction of being able to call the Shine Sprites Shite Sprines.

Well Super Mario 64 had the red coin collecting in every level plus the cap levels plus a few others. So there were at least 20 stars that were obtained through coin collecting in that game as well!

Yes, but in 64 you collected the 8 red coins in a single level scenario. Also, the 100 yellow coins could be collected in a single level scenario. Actually, I think you can use the same scenario for both these at the same time in every one of the 15 levels. Since you can collect the 8 red coins and leave that star there, then go for the remaing 84 coins of the level and get that star first, because that one doesn't take you back to the Castle, and then collect the Red Coin Star. Very time saving.

Whilst in Sunshine you have to revisit the same level time and time again in all the episodes to get all the fucking blue coins. It's annoying to me but, like I said before, I understand if other people like this type of gameplay, we don't all have to like the same things.

I have never been into handheld gaming, but New Super Mario Bros. was one of two titles (the other being Advance Wars) that nearly tempted me into it.

lately i have been the opposite. i never took to the gba except advanced wars,metroid and fire emblem but the ds has me hooked more than wii so far still

SM64 DS is very good, everything is better apart from one thing: it didnt have proper analogue controls so that detracted from the game a lot. It made it hard to control and i die loads over a simple jump and its really annoying. Just trying to get every star on rainbow ride is an extremely taxing task, so for that reason:

SM64 > SM64 DS > Sunshine

All great games, but will they be eclipsed by galaxy?

Again, i will buy it, love it, think its one of the best games on wii, but it wont come close to 64.

I just went and got Super Mario 64 on VC. It's pretty good so far, but it's a lot better with a cube controller than a Classic Controller or an N64 controller.

I just went and got Super Mario 64 on VC. It's pretty good so far, but it's a lot better with a cube controller than a Classic Controller or an N64 controller.

coolness

still its better to play a classic game on the 64 console