N-Europe

Ugly Betty

The Constantine

If it was a comedy it'd be funny, or at least make more of an effort to be funny.

I suppose you think shite like Sex & the City is comedy too.

I feel sorry for you, really I do.

Bad news Rokhed00, US TV are now making clones of it.

The broadcast networks have pretty much finalized their pilot production slates for the 2007-08 television season.

Least surprising trend: almost no intricately-serialized dramas. Blame the ratings disappointment of last year's 'Kidnapped,' 'The Nine,' and 'Six Degrees,' all of which tried, in different ways, to build on the aesthetics of shows like 'Lost' and '24.'

Semi-surprising trend: Despite yet another bad year for half-hour comedy, networks in total ordered a few more sitcom pilots than they did last year. Just as orders were being finalized, lo, a genuine new comedy hit emerged: 'Rules of Engagement' on CBS. It's kind of the un-'Office': stalwart, multi-camera, domestic, broad. Its success may mean a tapering of edgier, failed fare like this year's big hopes 'Big Day' and "Knights of Prosperity,' at least on broadcast networks, and a retrenchment of traditional multi-camera shows.

Overall trend in the drama pilots: Lots of female protagonists, lots of funny. The 'Ugly Betty' effect.

If it was a comedy it'd be funny, or at least make more of an effort to be funny.

It is funny. Hence why everyone on this topic likes it, except you.

I suppose you think shite like Sex & the City is comedy too.

Don't watch Sex in the City, but that's not a comedy. Ugly Betty is. I think it has drama aspects but if you had to file it under one header, it would be comedy. Just because YOU don't find it funny, doesn't make the genre of the show different.

I feel sorry for you, really I do.

Excuse me? Stupid tw@t.

It is funny. Hence why everyone on this topic likes it, except you.

Selective blindness at work, I'm not the only person here saying it's not funny, or that they don't like it.

It may have the odd amusing moment, dependent on whether or not you fit the shows obvious target demographic (female/metrosexual/gay), but at no time is it properly 'laugh out loud' funny.

Don't watch Sex in the City, but that's not a comedy. Ugly Betty is. I think it has drama aspects but if you had to file it under one header, it would be comedy. Just because YOU don't find it funny, doesn't make the genre of the show different.

If Sex in the City isn't a comedy why is it shown on the comedy channel?

Ugly Betty is clearly the same type of show aimed at the same sort of people, along with other shows like Ally McBeal and Desperate Houswives, but yet again selective blindness stops you from seeing this.

Excuse me? Stupid tw@t.

Again, I pity you dearly.

Selective blindness at work, I'm not the only person here saying it's not funny, or that they don't like it.

It may have the odd amusing moment, dependent on whether or not you fit the shows obvious target demographic (female/metrosexual/gay), but at no time is it properly 'laugh out loud' funny.

If Sex in the City isn't a comedy why is it shown on the comedy channel?

Ugly Betty is clearly the same type of show aimed at the same sort of people, along with other shows like Ally McBeal and Desperate Houswives, but yet again selective blindness stops you from seeing this.

I really really pity you mate. Bloody hell, can't imagine what it's like to think like that and be like you.

I feel sorry for you. Never mind, chin up eh?

Hate it. Think its unbelievably shallow and i cannot believe it won awards over more funnier shows like Desperate Housewives that actually have content.

Piffle. Just goes to show how fickle alot of our population is, how they can sit and enjoy watching a show about appearances.

No, re-read what I said. Perhaps slower this time so you can understand properly.

You think it's not funny, I do. Some on this thread do, some don't.

You also said that everyone, except for me, likes it, which is clearly a big bag of bollocks.

You are obviously suffering from the 'I like it so what anybody else thinks is irrelevant' syndrome.

Ok, "most people" then.

As opposed to you who hates it so suddenly decides that anyone who does actually like it needs help?

When did I say I hate it, not once have I expressed my opinion on the show other than it's labeling as a comedy.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure it's a well put together drama, whether you like it or not, for its target audience

• 2 months later...