NEurope
Triple_C

Why you hate GAME

The Game in Basingstoke is pretty low-key compared to some of the ones in Reading, and Bournmouth and the likes...

But there used to be a manager at Game, (he might still be there) that was a right pratt. He used to come up to us and try and impress us with hes Dead or Alive 3 skills. Then as if by magic he would have us coaxed over to the new releases on the Xbox shelf and try and flog us about £100 worth of quality\shoddy gaming gear.

I end up losing my patience in Game; queing for hours whilst some jerk infront of me is balls deep in hes pockets looking for that coveted 1p piece so he can complete the transaction for hes latest edition of some arbitary game - really grinds my gears. Play and Play-Asia is the way forward for my illicit gaming needs.

You should consult your doctor about that.

It only happens on that one game (and a wee bit on Timesplitters 2 but nothing serious, its only after a big session and I think its because of the winding staircases). I found out its because humans have a 180 degree vision, games have 90 but HL2 only had 45 so my brain was like "AHHH!" and it made me illish.

Although there are a few things I should go to the doctors for, but thats mainly due to a lack of sleep.

GAME's prices are quite bad, even in the bargain bin no decent game is below 15 pounds. And then down the road (in Watford) there's CEX which have uber cheap games (all second hand). They don't give much money for your games when you trade in either, less than Gamestation and CEX.

Most of the staff I've encounted are rather slow and lacking in games knowledge, although I do have a couple of friends who work there (both game geeks) who are more than willing to help you out with even the most challenging game query.

I have to say overall Gamestation's atmosphere is far more relaxed, seems less like a big corperate chain of shops and more like a local place that have us gamers in mind first, profit second. I don't like their new way of promoting products though, slogans such as 'BOG OFF' for Buy One Get One Free, trying to sound 'hip' or something.

BUT, there has been one staff member that's made me give Gamestation's first strike and that was when I bought Nintendogs and some chavy guy behind the counter who was playing, surprise surprise, Fifa '06 sniggered at me, not just a joking laugh to my face, but an evil-sneering-behind-my-back kinda laugh :(, that made my blood boil!

Anyway, uh, yeah, fight the power, down with GAME!

I think there are good with the 10 day returns and from time to time they have good deals on

5 for £30 with titles including Metal Gear solid 2, Meadal Of Honour , Hitman Contracts, Max Payne 1&2 , ssx3

Sure sometimes there prices are high, Fifa Street still £39.99 after being out for ages, but why not in some cases they might be the only Gaming Store that non-Gamers know about. So if they need a present for a person that likes games, GAME will come to mind.

Since I mainly deal with buying from their website, and games arrive early, can't say I have anything negative about them.

I worked at GAME for 18 months and was their youngest employee.

They have turned into a monopolised sell-out company who strive for profits has replaced the once good 'customers first' attitude they once had. They sell shelf space to companies and plug products they've been addressed to plug by Microsoft etc.

It's a load of shit now. Feck em.

I have to say overall Gamestation's atmosphere is far more relaxed, seems less like a big corperate chain of shops and more like a local place that have us gamers in mind first, profit second. I don't like their new way of promoting products though, slogans such as 'BOG OFF' for Buy One Get One Free, trying to sound 'hip' or something.

Iceland have been using BOGOFF for years, wouldn't say they're too hip (cheap though, do some nice ice lollies for £1).

Anyway the GameStation in my town is run by hardcore metallers who tend to play way OTT metal music which is a bit scary at times. Plus theres one huge fat guy (im so PC) who works there who when you see round town is scary, fishnet gloves and leathers and its just unpleasant.

i have no problems with game YET

lets see how the delivery of my 360 goes , then ill see if i hate game,

im thinkin about getin a job in GAME though, is it easy to get in? i wud imagine it to be

im thinkin about getin a job in GAME though, is it easy to get in? i wud imagine it to be

Depends on the store; how many hours they have spare, who else has applied etc. I mean I only got the job because I got glowing reccomendations from staff there and cause I had 2 years experience working on Woolies entertainment dept. Still, give it a try cause at the end of the day, 35% discount is sweet.

how do they treat their staff? any special discounts? getin games day early, etc etc :P

I've applied for a christmas temp job (think I've already stated that), still haven't heard from them though. I hope I get the job.

how do they treat their staff? any special discounts? getin games day early, etc etc :P

Havn't started yet, but 35% off games and 15 (i think) off consoles is special enough for me. Selling games early is apparently a criminal offense (or a finable misdemeanour anyway - £1000 apparently) and getting games early without buying them is theft. So presume not.

I "spreaded the love" to my friend who works there. Only person I thought who may use it, ah well, vouchers are fun.

Havn't started yet, but 35% off games and 15 (i think) off consoles is special enough for me. Selling games early is apparently a criminal offense (or a finable misdemeanour anyway - £1000 apparently) and getting games early without buying them is theft. So presume not.

Tell that to my games stores, they were selling FM06 and Pro evo 5 early. Naughty Games

Well i've returned my second DS to game (Damm you, DEAD PIXEL) even though it was past the ten day return they got me a brand new one. So basically at least the Braehead GAME is good.

I stopped going when they wanted £40 for a game that was £28 down the road. laaaaaaame :heh:

Tell that to my games stores, they were selling FM06 and Pro evo 5 early. Naughty Games

Well thats apparently a £1000 fine, tut tut.

i tried to trade a game boy Adv in the other week i took 2 forms of I.D and they still said i needed more :wtf:

I never trade anything in at game, complete con merchants. Gamestation are much better for it.

I never trade anything in at game, complete con merchants. Gamestation are much better for it.

I tried to trade in a couple of games there a week ago. They asked me for ID to trade in a 15 rated game! The cheek! I'm 16! I showed them with my Young Scot card. I actually traded them in at GAME though, for a pound less, because GameStation didn't have Advance Wars!

I worked at GAME for 18 months and was their youngest employee.

They have turned into a monopolised sell-out company who strive for profits has replaced the once good 'customers first' attitude they once had. They sell shelf space to companies and plug products they've been addressed to plug by Microsoft etc.

It's a load of shit now. Feck em.

Aye, it's ridiculous, they still stamp the "NO ONE BEATS US ON PRICE" tag on their pricetags and back in the good old day if you found a shop selling it cheaper they'd match their price. Now they continue to put the sticker on the box and refuse to pricematch their games :/

Also their trade in prices suck compared to Gamestation and now recently my gamestation have started doing a 10 day unhappy with product return policy.

Havn't started yet, but 35% off games and 15 (i think) off consoles is special enough for me. Selling games early is apparently a criminal offense (or a finable misdemeanour anyway - ?1000 apparently) and getting games early without buying them is theft. So presume not.

I "spreaded the love" to my friend who works there. Only person I thought who may use it, ah well, vouchers are fun.

Its 30% off games and 10% off hardware, with 25% off things like controllers. Still pretty good though, especially with their new "competitive" pricing.

The only thing that makes jobs difficult at GAME is the fact that so many people apply. Still, so long as you can put a list of GCSEs not composed of Es and Fs yours should stand out. Not that you really need any of that stuff when youre actually in the postion...I remember I had to do a series of aptitude tests to get a job at Woolworths, which was frankly laughable. I think that they had money and time to burn since the store hadnt been fitted yet.

I personally have never had a problem with GAME price matching so long as the store has had the product in stock. Whee!

________

CHEVROLET K5 BLAZER SPECIFICATIONS

Edited by Johelian