NEurope

Okami is a true masterpiece on PS2. Magical! It'd be a perfect fit for Wii. If there is any game-loving God outthere, it'll come.

Then again, developers and sensible decisions, eh. :wink:

i'd buy it, how expensive can it be to port it?
Kinda cheap, for Capcom it wouldn't be like paying for a new game, just porting it. Okami Team (Clover) is no more though.
And does Sony own any rights that could hinder a port?
No.

Uh-oh, the rumour is back with avengence!

http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-26059-okami-confirme-sur-wii.html

http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=14500

For those who can't read French, it' basically two French sources claiming the game is in development. Sounds like a leak of something to me, the fact two sources have it seems pretty legit (unless one copied the other) :P.

With all this Capcom gamer day and big announcements lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd told the press and put an embargo on it.

*Hopes*

would love this to be true, seem as I missed out on it originally,.... looks simply amazing and one for the wii defo..

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11171

You know the drill, as long as Okami was launched, rumours were all around the web saying that there might be a port coming for Wii. Now it seems very likely that this is true.

Today, Capcom held a special event and the portuguese magazine MaxiConsolas, responsible for the worldwide revealing of Nights for Wii is reporting that an Okami remake for Wii was announced at the show. The magazine is very credible, but we await further confirmation.

http://www.maxiconsolas.pt/catalogue.ud121?oid=387471&bc_oid=&UDSID=%A7%A7%A7%A720071017220018009972326544%A7%A7%A7%A7

Oh yeah!! This is too good, one of my deepest wishes as come true!

Congrats for MaxiConsolas for another break.

Now that the Wii is the success it is, I feel we shouldn't be begging for old, Playstation remakes...Why do we do that though? Why want PS2 Okami? Why not ask for it's sequel? No reason it can't happen now.

Now that the Wii is the success it is, I feel we shouldn't be begging for old, Playstation remakes...Why do we do that though? Why want PS2 Okami? Why not ask for it's sequel? No reason it can't happen now.
Because Capcom's team who did it is gone and it was too hard to get a port (if this gets confirmed) let alone the resources for a sequel; since the first flopped... and ultimately because a port will act as a test for the Nintendo userbase.

That and the fact that the game is beutiful regardless of graphical power, even for PS2, meaning it won't look "aging" on the Wii (despite it's roots)

All in all... it's a port, but it's one of the best we could get.

I think it deserves a port just because it was a beautiful, original game, that because of this deserved to sell well but didn't. I think this will give it another chance to sell, and with the Wii's hardcore fanbase I think it should. Well I hope it does at leat.

I've always wanted this game, as wolves are totally awesome. Only thing that deterred me from getting it for the ps was that it seemed so unnatural to brush hiragana with the analogue sticks... Problem solved, I'd say :D

Awesome game on the Ps2.. One of the few ps2 titles I havent given to my nephew as I plan to replay it... a lot

I hear what you're saying, but Okami is a very different thing altogether. Nobody bought it on PS2 for one thing, and the nature of the game (and the gameplay) is perfect for the Wii setup. There's really nothing like it on any of the other consoles (PS3/360) adding further to the Wii's already wonderfully eclectic line-up. I'd like to see the original, and a sequel for the Wii. Yes please!

Yeah, if Okami Wii could ever somehow give the potential for a sequel, I'd like to see it.

Once I heard about the game on Ps2, I specifically chose not to buy it in the hope of a Wii version. The visuals are incredible, and gameplay mechanics are ingenious, now I've just got to hope this game won't interfere with Smash Bros Brawl :/.

I never played Okami but I've heard and read nothing but great things about it!

I don't care if it's a port, bring it on I say! :)

So, anyone want to sumup exactly what Okami is? All I know is that its some kind of RPG with a paintbrush of some sort.

So, anyone want to sumup exactly what Okami is? All I know is that its some kind of RPG with a paintbrush of some sort.
Zelda-like game with ageless artistic windwaker-inspired graphics who used wiimote-suited functions before the Wiimote came along.

That sums it (for me)