NEurope

That's so fucking shit. Why would I buy it on Wii when I can get it cheaper and better looking on PS2? Bullshit.

I'll buy it and it will be awesome. "Fucking shit" is a bit of an extreme view on the subject, IMO. Take a valium or something. Why do people bitch about a port? I don't have a PS2, I don't fucking want a PS2, I will be getting Okami on Wii. If you have a PS2 and a Wii, then you have a choice, no need for bitching about a port of an almost 2 year old game.

That's so fucking shit. Why would I buy it on Wii when I can get it cheaper and better looking on PS2? Bullshit.

Better looking? The filter is a matter of taste, many people prefer it like this, the colors are much better, it's 16:9 and 480p and the controls are much much better, seems enough reason for me.

Of course, you'll just reply by saying I'm a fanboy, but hey, that's life.

Better looking? The filter is a matter of taste, many people prefer it like this, the colors are much better, it's 16:9 and 480p and the controls are much much better, seems enough reason for me.

Of course, you'll just reply by saying I'm a fanboy, but hey, that's life.

I personally much prefer the shots from the PS2 version. I don't like getting my dusty old PS2 out and setting it up, but considering I can go out, get Okami for under a tenner and play it straight away... It seems ridiculous that they're going on about it being unchanged, apart from the controls, and yet a distinctive graphical quirk is missing, and that just stinks of lazyness to me.

Controls; they probably are better, but to be honest, they're probably not doing to add much to the experience.

Controls; they probably are better, but to be honest, they're probably not doing to add much to the experience.

Seems kinda the opposite of what impressions said.

Seems kinda the opposite of what impressions said.

Yeah, I suppose in the same was as TP, but like with Zelda, I would have been alright playing it with a cube controller. I guess I just like the look of the PS2 version better.

I like both, the color pallete is definetly improved on the Wii, this said... give me improved colors and the filter and it'll be the ultimate version; otherwise... it will be a version with pros and cons. at least for me.

Yeah, I suppose in the same was as TP, but like with Zelda, I would have been alright playing it with a cube controller. I guess I just like the look of the PS2 version better.

Yeah a normal controller option wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't use it, but it's always an extra.

I can confirm the game has the paper effect currently. Screenshots are from an older build.

The guy's reliable, if a dev from RAD trusts him.

Hope it doesn't get blurry like the ps2 version :/

IGN and Wikipedia (probably from IGN) say 28 March.

I've sais it before and I'll say it again: bullshit. It's out on the 25th in USA, Sven from Capcom said there will be a dealy in EU (even though not too big), so 3 days? No.

If you read the main site, you'd know it :P

I've sais it before and I'll say it again: bullshit. It's out on the 25th in USA, Sven from Capcom said there will be a dealy in EU (even though not too big), so 3 days? No.

And this is one of those super rare occasions where I'd actually want a longer delay, already got PES 2008 penciled in for March 28th, don't want to get this at the same time, especially after weeks with no new games. Seriously annoying when that happens! :shakehead

It's like bloody buses. :laughing:

He just asked if a date had been mentioned, I said IGN mentions 28 March... And to tell you the truth, IGN didn't say 28 March last week, it said TBA. So that was changed recently. Must be a reason for it.

He just asked if a date had been mentioned, I said IGN mentions 28 March... And to tell you the truth, IGN didn't say 28 March last week, it said TBA. So that was changed recently. Must be a reason for it.

NO! I WON'T LISTEN TO EXCUSES!

:P

I'm actually with Bard on this, I really hate how they lame-assed the parchment and other things out of it (so far). I hate such a great game to be ruined for a cheap Wii port.

I'm actually with Bard on this, I really hate how they lame-assed the parchment and other things out of it (so far). I hate such a great game to be ruined for a cheap Wii port.
Ready at Dawn already said the parchment will be on the final version and it is in the most recent build (not the one they've sent IGN).

I'm still worried and not pleased about a few details, but... it's still shaping up it seems.

Ready at Dawn already said the parchment will be on the final version and it is in the most recent build (not the one they've sent IGN).
It's not just the parchment (although that might just've saved me playing the game), but it's the general shaky porting of the game. How can they seriously consider (read the first interviews) delivering this game without progressive scan and widescreen and call it a Wii game?

It's not just the parchment (although that might just've saved me playing the game), but it's the general shaky porting of the game. How can they seriously consider (read the first interviews) delivering this game without progressive scan and widescreen and call it a Wii game?
Considering what the developers said today, they always had widescreen and progressive scan at top of the priorities, so it was very likely and a goal from day one; even if Capcom didn't compromise. It wasn't a last minute addition.

I'll agree it's still not good to release though, IMO. But I hope it'll be.

I agree that they should be given more time, but get your act together, you're jcompletly misinformed. The game has great controls (which is hard to pull off), it has the filter everyone loved so much, it has progressive scan and it has widescreen, underscan is still 16:9 and better colors. How that' a shaky port, I can't comprehend.

Can't see the point in getting this. I'll give it a miss.

I wish it was released (for the first time) on PS2 and Wii together in March...but now i have the PS2 version it's pretty pointless buying the Wii one....

Watching the IGN videos of Okami on Wii, I still come to the conclusion that this game looks sick regardless of paper filter whatever. It looks vibrant and lush, I can easily see myself paying about the same price as RE4 for this. But ofcourse this will be my first time playing.

it has progressive scan and it has widescreen
It does?!

If then, pure win. They shouldn't be giving out these shaky builds as previews though!

It does?!

If then, pure win. They shouldn't be giving out these shaky builds as previews though!

That's not quite right. It had progressive scan but it does not have a full widescreen mode. It has what IGN has called a "quasi-widescreen" mode. It's a 16:9 picture but with black bars at the sides, though not big enough for it to simply be 4:3 on a widescreen display. Confused? It's very strange but check out IGN's preview.