NEurope

I haven't played it on the Wii yet unfortunately but I'm unaware of any control issues; if anything I'd imagine the Remote makes using the Celestial Brush easier.

Speaking of US sales, here's what Mr Whatsisname said! :D

Wait wait wait wait wait. Are you not the guy that wrote the preview for N-Europe that I just read? If you haven't actually played the game I feel cheated... :shakehead

Wait wait wait wait wait. Are you not the guy that wrote the preview for N-Europe that I just read? If you haven't actually played the game I feel cheated... :shakehead
That is indeed me. What seems to be the problem? It would seem a lot of people have trouble finding the difference between a preview and a review. This was the former - I didn't lie in any way - it's not a hands-on preview, so you shouldn't feel cheated whatsoever.

Just read on GoNintendo that Okami's release date has been moved to the 5/6th of June :grin:

Just took a look at Amazon's page, and they have the 6th down.

I'm well chuffed! Both Okami & Lego Indy out on my birthday - just need to make sure I get them both as gifts!:heh:

I'm well chuffed! Both Okami & Lego Indy out on my birthday - just need to make sure I get them both as gifts!:heh:

not as good as having MGS4 come out on your birthday like me :heh:

Anyone played both versions? I didn't play much of the PS2 version but got the Wii version pre ordered.

Are the control issues specific to the Wii version or is it just that the brush strokes are difficult to get right in either versions?

I didn't have any issues with the controls although I didn't play a lot, in fact the fact that attacking now needs timing instead of random button mashing makes the fights less dull, and the brush is awesome to use, it feels like an extension of your hand.

It'll be the 6th of June, that's a Friday. Awesome news!

We have more time to play it, waiting for Smash Bros :D

I didn't have any issues with the controls although I didn't play a lot, in fact the fact that attacking now needs timing instead of random button mashing makes the fights less dull, and the brush is awesome to use, it feels like an extension of your hand.

Heard mixed reports so I guess it depends on the individual really. I'm still getting it anyway.

Cannot wait to finally get my hands on this gem!

Heard mixed reports so I guess it depends on the individual really. I'm still getting it anyway.

Most people don't even try to do it like their supposed to, they just waggle randomly and then say it doesn't work and then procede to say Wii is shit because of waggle and go back to button mashing.

I think what's putting people off a bit is the news that Capcom have hacked off the ending video. From what I gather, it's not just a bit video with some credits, but it also contains a plot revelation. This is really disappointing if it's true, and I'm hovering over cancelling it if anyone can confirm this. Is there anyone here who can confirm we're missing serious details from the ending on the Wii version?

I think what's putting people off a bit is the news that Capcom have hacked off the ending video. From what I gather, it's not just a bit video with some credits, but it also contains a plot revelation. This is really disappointing if it's true, and I'm hovering over cancelling it if anyone can confirm this. Is there anyone here who can confirm we're missing serious details from the ending on the Wii version?
Capcom said "The credits were removed because they were a pre-rendered movie that contained the Clover logo. We have no legal right to use the Clover logo in a game they were not involved with directly". Make of that what you will. I'm not sure what's in the final movie because I haven't played the PS2 version I'm afraid.

This is out on the day before my birthday, but I'll have to wait untill at least June 12th if I want to focus fully on my exams :weep:

Okami + Boom Blox + Smash = 3 months of bliss.

There ARE control issues for sure but they are all surmountable with a little practice. The "straightforward" slice/slash is the worst problem and it may take several attempts to get it right with just the A button alone but if you use the Z button with it as advised in-game ( not C ), THEN IT WORKS EVERY TIME, particularly useful in a fight sequence when you're on low health!

The game itself plays like a dream otherwise and all Wii owners should experience it whether or not they owned/played the PS2 version or not.

No Lego Indiana Jones in your list?!?! :o

Alas, I'm not made of money, sir. There's also No More Heroes which I never picked up. But needless to say, I'll certainly be keeping an ear to the ground for a N-E Lego Indiana Jones review ;)

I won't be reviewing it considering my last exam is on the 20th of June. But all the games you wrote in your last post, plus Lego Indy, will be mine after they're done with.

Does anyone know if this is out on Friday? No where I've looked has confirmed this for the 6th, only the 13th.

Everywhere i've looked has it for Friday. Sticking money into my bank account today to order it. Heard good things about and never played it on the PS2 and need a good adventure game.

And after Okami, I won't be getting another Wii game untill Baroque.

No where I've looked has confirmed this for the 6th, only the 13th.

Same here. I also noticed the countdown thingy on this sites home page which has thrown me out a bit.

ShadowV7 , where are these places that have it listed for this Friday ?

Never mind me, I could of sworn the pages I looked at the other day said the 6th, now they all say the 13th.

It has always been the 13th, since a month or more ago.

If ti was that long ago the countdown timer wouldn't think it was this Friday., i'm sure we would of found within that month to make it next week, couldn't fly by all the staff members :heh:

But I can remember reading that the date got moved forward a week.

If ti was that long ago the countdown timer wouldn't think it was this Friday., i'm sure we would of found within that month to make it next week, couldn't fly by all the staff members :heh:

But I can remember reading that the date got moved forward a week.

Here probably:

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11861