NEurope

How long is this game roughly? Longer than TP?

Urm... 30 hours? Probably around that. I can't remember exactly. It's big, you won't be dissapointed :D

This is one of the reasons why I want a Wii. I actually want to play this more than Zelda. Just give us a price cut Nintendo...

Isn't the game 39.99$? Seems like a good price to me.

Nah I want the Wii to be given a price cut. Considering you can buy the technology wise superior 360 for less I'm not going to be buying a Wii. £170 is far too much when you think about how long the Wii has been out for. Then again I seem to be in the minority.

Yeah this game looks awesome. Also, a perfect summer game imo, alot of spare time to really get into it!

Nah I want the Wii to be given a price cut. Considering you can buy the technology wise superior 360 for less I'm not going to be buying a Wii. £170 is far too much when you think about how long the Wii has been out for. Then again I seem to be in the minority.

Ah didn't understand what you were saying. But yeat, don't agree with you :P

Why would they pricecut it while they're still selling out?

PS2 today is still more expensive than what GC was all these years ago, superior technology too, and less sales. X360... >_> Even with the pricedrop in Europe they don't seem to be doing that well.

anyway, irrelevant to the thread.

Why would they pricecut it while they're still selling out?

PS2 today is still more expensive than what GC was all these years ago, superior technology too, and less sales. X360... >_> Even with the pricedrop in Europe they don't seem to be doing that well.

Yeah good points actually (both of them :heh:). Nintendo could probably sell the Wii at half it's price and make a tidy profit.

But yeah, Okami. Have to admit i'm really tempted to buy the game now. Graphics looks fantastic and it's been getting some super reviews.

Have to admit i'm really tempted to buy the game now. Graphics looks fantastic and it's been getting some super reviews.

Likewise, but as I'm getting a 360 in a few week's, I think I'll wait till late Summer/early Autumn until I purchase this. Might be cheaper then aswell :heh:

Just so you know the 360 has doubled it sales per month since its had its price cut. So I wouldn't call that not doing well.

http://kotaku.com/380797/european-360-sales-more-than-doubled-after-price-cut

I don't mean to flame or anything like that just saying.

Its annoying some reviewers are saying this is the better version while others are saying the PS2 is superior. Its a real shame they didn't fix the slowdown though, thats just unacceptable really considering the age of this game when the Wii could of easily handled it.

Doh, there's too many games to buy. Just so many games.

I know what you mean. I do indeed.

Does this even have a date yet?

Just so you know the 360 has doubled it sales per month since its had its price cut. So I wouldn't call that not doing well.

I don't mean to flame or anything like that just saying.

I do remember when numbers leaked that X360 was selling one third next to PS3, even if it doubled it's sales... does it surpass PS3 even? (let alone the Wii)

I do believe that if it did, they would say it in that article too "now X360 is actually selling more than PS3" or something. It's not; Microsoft dropped the price because sales were really lackluster, as a last measure... They'd be screwed if the customers had no reaction... But that doesn't mean it's doing well now, it's holding the waters and doing ok, at most; by comparison with others.

The PS2 version doesn't look that washed out, at least with RGB cables, but it's still a pretty big difference, the only thing I prefer in the PS2 version are the outlines.

When I saw my mate playing this on his PS2, I remember thinking at the time that there was something that wasn't right, now I realise that it was the washed out colours. Glad they changed it for the Wii.

After owning a PS2 and this for a year and still not playing it I've finally decided to just sell it and rebuy it for Wii. Can't be bothered to keep my PS2 hooked up and use crappy AV cables to play it as well. So fuck it.

I'm a tad bummed that the Wii version doesn't look like sumi e that much anymore. I'll still be getting this though.

I'm a tad bummed that the Wii version doesn't look like sumi e that much anymore. I'll still be getting this though.

Yeah it's a two-way, in one way we have a lot more colours and clarity, which makes me not throw up when I play it and you know paintings= color, on the other hand, the fluid outlines made it look like a living sumi-e. Meh, blame clover for having shoddy code.

EDIT: Also, this looks more like the original Okami artwork.

The internet is really a funny place. They argued Okami's combat was a button masher. They argue when you have to mindlessly waggle. Now, you have to time your waggles to make combos, meaning, they erase what people bitched about in the first place. Now people bitch, because they can't just mindlessly waggle. Fantastic. xD

I got this! It's obviously brilliant (cause i have played the PS2 version) BUT i may have forgot something, or i'm doing something wrong...but the combat doesn't seem to work properly with the Wii-Mote?

I'm sure you can swing the round plate on your back as many times as possible, when you first play (and not have to upgrade anything) BUT it won't recognise a swing from the remote one after the other...it's like you can hit the enemy once and then you have to run around for a little while before being able to do it again...which is going to be a bloody nightmare later on in the game!

Oh and the brush stroke with the Wii-mote is great, but also very very delicate. It found it hard to pick up the 'slice the rock in two' technique...so thats slightly worrying as well (cause it's a simple straight line...gulp.lol)

Doh, there's too many games to buy. Just so many games.

One for the long summer months I reckon because like you said there is far too much other stuff to play.