NEurope
ZeldaFreak

If You Were Nintendo How Would You Improve The Wii?

I know a few of us on here don't like the wii. What of lack of actual good game titles. So heres my thought if you were Nintendo what would you do instead?

Ok, instead of closing the topic I have renamed it. Hopefully it will offer a good convo rather than a bashing session.

Ok, instead of closing the topic I have renamed it. Hopefully it will offer a good convo rather than a bashing session.

Good call. We'll see how this pans out.

I'd do more to encourage third parties to jump on the bandwagon. For example, help new developers optimise the Wii controls, or help them bring out the graphical potential of the Wii.

This is a pointless thread!

I know exactly what certain people want to be said:

- I would have made the graphics better

- I would have given it a good online service

- I would give it a dvd

- I would make it support HD

- etc...

This is just a way of approaching the 'Wii is not good enough' issue some people have, but from a different angle!

But to answer the question;

- I think Nintendo really should have got online sorted from the word go! It's not that important to me, but there you go!

I know a few of us on here don't like the wii. What of lack of actual good game titles. So heres my thought if you were Nintendo what would you do instead?

LMAO you are the most laughable forum member I've ever seen.

I think the thing Nintendo need is maybe one or 2 of the end of year releases a bit closer to the beginning of the year. And of course setting up online play.

Although this 'lack of games' thing is actually quite annoying, because we're starting to see some decent 3rd party games now (SSX, Mortal Kombat, Eledees, Sonic, Tiger Woods etc.) and it always seems to me like these are dismissed, as if it's a Nintendo console so they don't count as good games. 360 wouldn't be half the console without the 3rd party games, no to mention the PS3.

Course ZeldaFreak wont care because he's already made up his mind on everything.

What was it called before?

Also you should have renamed it to "I lick balls (particularly Sony's and Microsoft's)" that seems to be on par with Zelda Freaks maturity...

Spose I better say something on topic

Personally I'm happy with the way this are turning out with the Wii at the moment! Sure after the release games there hasn't been much for a couple of months (maybe Wario Ware but that doesn't interest me much), but with Excite Truck, Sonic and SSX on the horizon its starting to get better in the games department. There have certainly been bigger droughts after a consoles launch!

I suppose, for me, the best improvement could come in the Virtual Console. At the moment I think the games are a little to pricey (although I am still buying some so maybe they got it right!), for what is essentially an exact copy of the game that was released 10/15/20 years ago! Maybe a touch up on the graphics, particularly NES and SNES games and the ability to save on games that previously didn't allow it (Super Mario World springs to mind) would make them seem more worthwhile and would mean I buy even more. Although to be honest I'll just be happy when they finally get their arses in gear and release A Link To The Past in Europe!

Obviously nothings perfect and I'm sure we would all love for a new epic 50+ hour game every 2 weeks, but lets face it, thats ridiculously unrealistic and so I am quite content with the way things are shaping up at the moment!

If I was Nintendo I would of invested in researching technology like the cell - maybe not to the extent like the cell but something comparable to it.

And I would of created a controller similiar to 360 - I find that to be the best pad for gaming needs.

Oh yes and maybe lower licensing fees by nintendo. Wouldn't of hurt either.

So if you were Nintendo then you would have done exactly what Sony and Microsoft did?!

Christ, that would've been boring as hell - 3 more or less identical consoles, fun!

(Also, my title suggestion is proving to be true)!

If I was Nintendo I would of invested in researching technology like the cell - maybe not to the extent like the cell but something comparable to it.

And I would of created a controller similiar to 360 - I find that to be the best pad for gaming needs.

Oh yes and maybe lower licensing fees by nintendo. Wouldn't of hurt either.

Nintendo did lower licensing fees but I can see that ghaphics are more important to you than gameplay.

-More games. (I dont have time to play them, but what the hell, its an improvement)

-Better Graphics. (I dont have an issue with the graphics, but its another improvement)

-HD Support. (Why not ?)

-DVD and CD Support (Saves Me getting off my arse and using my Hi spec Hifi components).

-Telepathic sensor (Why waste time moving when you can just think about it ?)

-Online Pizza delivery service/channel. (Never a bad idea)

-Redesigned Wii compatible R.O.B. with Bartending skills. (To attract a good quantity of mature gamers)

I have a few ideas:

- Original games to download should have been here at launch. It would have perfectly helped to support the VC console. Even the PS3 has original games coming soon....

- Online service should have been here from launch as well with decent features included. No need to go into detail, you know what I want from it.

- Even more effort to court 3rd party developers should be taken. Make it clear to them that the Wii game library must have a balance of titles for all types of gamers.

Turning the Wii into the 360 wouldn't improve it, it would destroy it. If you want it to be a 360, why not just buy a 360 and stop crying about it?

I'd say more original games (from all companies) suited to it and less third party tat like Splinter Cell and Hitman being shoehorned onto it, games which are more suited to the other two consoles. This is what made the DS good, games which aren't the standard FIFA, Tomb Radier, GT fare you can get anywhere.

-Microphone in the Wiimote

-Themes for the main screen (still possible)

And probably nothing else. Of course you can say "I want HD". OK, cool, so you want the console to cost an extra 200$? Nice. Better Graphics? That's up to the the devs and the cost is also related? More games? The console is like 2 months old, wait a while won't you?

I think they really struck gold when they attempted to do something different. There's been a lot of posts here where people have been saying "I'm getting a Wii now, but in a few years time I may get a PS3/XBOX360."

To me, it's like they're choosing between one of the other systems, like one will suffice. Honestly, I do think that the competitors are perhaps a bit too similar, and it's quite refreshing to see Nintendo playing on that. "we're different."

I'd like them to play on this some more. The Mii channels, for a start, a nice little touch. There seems to be a gap in release dates for titles, and this is where they need third party support.

Imo, the PS2-to-Wii ports are actually helping a great deal. Many developers are choosing to put their games on the PS2 rather than the PS3, so the fact that some of these games are then getting ported to the Wii helps a lot. Not only that, but we need third parties to create nice original titles. We need them to take a gamble, too.

nah I think getting AS MANY third party games as possible should be a priority, As should getting online gaming up and running, Its beginning to worry me taht its taking so long, I mean look what happened to the DS , it was a while before and online games came out , and look now, how many are there?? 4 it think ,that is quite frankly absolutely pathetic.

Better games. For a system relying on gameplay I'm not impressed by the overall quality. PS3 seems to have better games if you look at metacritic. I know there are plenty of games ready but they seem to be controlling their release - business reasons no doubt.

I would also do deals with media companies like Sky. The wii would make a very nice set top box with its wavey remote and all. Maybe just a broadband tv or maybe a satelite extension.

Why cant we have a purple wii. Purple is such an awsome colour for a console!!

Steal the gamerpoint idea from Xbox Live...it actually makes me go back and play games again, which is something I rarely used to do!

Plus way more games coming out more regularly with less rejection for Europe! At the moment I have a game I want to buy every month for my 360...now I just need to get some money!

More to do with Nintendo...Tell developers (Capcom) to 'shuv it hard' when making lame ass comment about the Wii being kiddy! The Wii is for everyone!