N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

Then you're fucked when it comes to it on Expert :P

Yep. My plan is to get up to it on Expert, then go back to it on Hard and it will hopefully be easier for me.

I have to literally quiver my entire arm at the fast bits....is that right...I mean seriously my thumb cannot even move that quick?

Is that abnormal???

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you alt strumming or just down strumming? You need to strum both up and down IN TIME (which is fast :P) to hit the notes.

In expert, all the notes during the breakneck bits are fast strums, no breaks like in Hard mode..

Anyway, I am pissed. This is the reason:

DSC00168.jpg

Huh? Have you ever seen The Omen?

Not really, in the new testament it's 666, it only appears as 616 and 665 in a few old texts.

*Laughs* :laughing:

To be honest, I just wanted to say that I hate Iron Maiden.

And I did, in a way. :smile:

Don't play it when you're pissed! You can hardly even walk when you've had a few! :nono:

Are you alt strumming or just down strumming? You need to strum both up and down IN TIME (which is fast :P) to hit the notes.

In expert, all the notes during the breakneck bits are fast strums, no breaks like in Hard mode..

DSC00168.jpg

Ahhh...I see. Yeah Ive only been strumming down. So I should find it easier if I strum both ways?

Cheers m7. :bowdown:

Ahhh...I see. Yeah Ive only been strumming down. So I should find it easier if I strum both ways?

Cheers m7. :bowdown:

You can tell who the real guitarists are around here! ;)

Anyway, I'm pissed. Just looked at the track-listing, and the xbox360/ps3 versions get Slither by Velvet Revolver AND All my Life by the Foo Fighters, through a downloadable pack...

...fuckers.

You can tell who the real guitarists are around here! ;)

Anyway, I'm pissed. Just looked at the track-listing, and the xbox360/ps3 versions get Slither by Velvet Revolver AND All my Life by the Foo Fighters, through a downloadable pack...

...fuckers.

And we're getting it soon too.

Yeah, in the new year if we interpret that email the way we do.

By the way, for those interested, some of you may know the 360 version got a patch to play the battle songs (and more obviously the devil went down to Georgia) in quick play, outside of battle mode. Since this was a patch, the Wii didn't receive this functionality...but I sent Activision and RedOctane an email last night asking if this would be something they aded in the remastered edition of the discs coming in early 2008.

They sent me back an email saying the development team can't reveal any information regarding the future release/remastered version...but at least that's better than a flat out no. So fingers crossed for general game patches :D

OH MY HOLY GOD, I actually did it, I 5 stared Cydonia on medium, i never felt more in the zone before, was bloody amazing, was so excited i swung the guitar right the way round my neck, was awesome.

ALSO I finished Dragonforce on medium for the first time, couldn't believe it, got something like 80% of the notes too, i was on a high.

Still can't get more than a 3 star on Raining Blood though (i hate Slayer now :mad:) But i think i'll get my 5 star within the next week (i hope)... it's the only one on the setlist left to the 5 star on... there's some on the bonus tracks but their songs i don't like much so not bothered bout them

And the good keeps getting BETTER, I actually managed to finish the first 4 songs on Hard mode, couldn't believe it.. still having some problem with the orange button but hey i finished the songs so can't have been that bad... scores weren't that impressive either, except Story of my Life i got 96,000+ on which I thought was good... can't finish the encore (Rock and Roll all Night) though..... yet *fingers crossed*

I got to the solo on KISS then was trounced. (On hard). It wasn't too bad before that neither. I'm stuck on it yet I know I'll do it eventually :yay:

But you do have to actually practice parts to nail them...Like real music then. And like a real instrument I'm finding you almost get the same sense of acheivement. Almost :p

Yep. My plan is to get up to it on Expert, then go back to it on Hard and it will hopefully be easier for me.

This helped me loads in gh 2 and quite a bit in gh 3. Playing expert helps you a lot and you dont even realise until you go back to hard :P.

I have to literally quiver my entire arm at the fast bits....is that right...I mean seriously my thumb cannot even move that quick?

Is that abnormal???

Try using all your fingers and thumb instead of just your thumb. Only for the insanely fast parts though.

What?! We are? When? How?

Downloadable content?

Please confirm whether or not this is true, this could make all the different between me getting this or Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

Activision are looking into downloadable content again so anythings possible!

As for choosing between Guitar Hero III and Resi Chroicles - I have both and can safely say GHIII is the better choice buy it Flink you won't reget it and I can then play you online! : peace:

Anyone else noticed the modem socket at the bottom of the guitar? No idea what that can be used for :S

i did too when i first got it... but completely forgot bout it when i started playin the game..... maybe it's for a phone headset so we can talk to people we play online with... if only

ok holy hell, i just seen a vid on Youtube of a guy playing Dragonforce on expert, i am in awe... and the realisation that i prolly won't even finish hard mode (progress report: i just barely beat the encore of the first gig, with an almight 35,000 points or something pitiful like that, shitting at the prospect of the first boss battle though, if it get there i reckon i'll be stuck there well into the new year)

Seriously though you guys who can play expert mode, do ye also play real guitars.... or did ye sell yer souls to the devil or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg