NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

This has the potential to be such a massive seller on the Wii! which will have an even bigger user base by the time of its release. System seller aswell.

Yeah defo...It will be cheaper because the Wiimote has the bluetooth transmitter in it so it won't need any of that just some for it to slot and plug in, whereas the other versions will need a transmitter in there.

Check out the scans of the prototype drum kits and guitars. Looks like it will overshadow Guitar Hero 3 in my opinion although they'll probably both sell awesomely.

Well, Rock Band is the true successor of GH3. (The Developers of GH1/2 are making Rock Band, not GH3)

Well, Rock Band is the true successor of GH3. (The Developers of GH1/2 are making Rock Band, not GH3)

True dat! GH3 is being made by Neversoft instead of Harmonix, and Harmonix are making rock band. As it says in teh article.

Rock Band Guitar looks Sweet, can't wait to get my hands on it, can't wait for it all, not sure how i'll fair with the 10 Frets but who cares it's all fun

I'm really hoping Rock Band comes out on Wii as well, and I hope Neversoft won't screw up Guitar Hero.

How the hell are you supposed to play the drums with that thing?! One pedal, four toms. Ergo, lacking: cymbals, another bass-drum pedal, and the hi-hat pedal.

Not for me :)

How the hell are you supposed to play the drums with that thing?! One pedal, four toms. Ergo, lacking: cymbals, another bass-drum pedal, and the hi-hat pedal.

Not for me :)

One: Fool, read the article, fool.

Two: The picture shows an artist's rendition, it won't be the final thing, even if it is, it won't be too bad.

One: Fool, read the article, fool.

Read it man :) And the comments remain :p

It seems to me that the panels are contextually related to the music (ie, green is now the ride, now a tom, now a china,...), which is just plain bollocks in my opinion.

Conversely, I've got no problem with the guitar being simplified to its GH1/2 state, as I think that that instrument is a lot more "logically simplifyable."

Sorry about that man...

Any new info about that other game we were talking of? :p

now i really do want them to change the button on the controller so it looks like a pick up

I don't see how that design will work.

The Remote just won't fit in like that securely...

I think the plug would keep it in place guys, but I don't see how the controller would fit in there whilst plugging in the bottom of it, it looks to snug.

I don't want my Wii remote to be scratched! :shakehead

Don't see much point of having it in there really. The pointer won't work as it is being blocked by the shell and I doubt we will need to press any of the Wii remote's button. Maybe it's there to register movement when we shake the guitar or swing it to the left or right?

I think it's so the guitar can be wireless. It can use the power from the Wiimote, same as the classic controller, but without the need for a wire. Possibly use the motion sensors for when you have to tilt upwards to go into power mode or whatever its called.

Yeah, thats why the Wii version is supposedly going to be cheaper - no need for the motion sensors or wireless stuff, because the wiimote just clicks in and does all that.

Yeah, thats why the Wii version is supposedly going to be cheaper - no need for the motion sensors or wireless stuff, because the wiimote just clicks in and does all that.

What a waste !! The motion sensing capabilities could have taken videogame fret-wanking to a whole new level...

Imagine playing Heatseeker by AC/DC and getting bonus points for mimicking Angus Youngs trademark stage stomp !

Unlock bonus levels by pulling off the perfect Status Quo rocking movement !

Invalidate your home insurance by smashing the controller over the furniture to The Who !

Missed opportunity is what I say.

I just looked at the Rock Band lineup compared to the Guitar Hero lineup:

The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Mountain "Mississippi Queen"

David Bowie "Suffragette City"

Black Sabbath "Paranoid"

Blue Oyster Cult "Don't Fear the Reaper"

The Ramones "Rockaway Beach"

Rush "Tom Sawyer"

Bon Jovi "Wanted Dead or Alive"

Nirvana "In Bloom"

Stone Temple Pilots "Vasoline"

Weezer "Say It Ain't So"

Foo Fighters "Learn to Fly"

Metallica "Enter Sandman"

The Hives "Main Offender"

The Strokes "Reptilia"

Queens of the Stone Age "Go With the Flow"

Plus more Metallica songs later

The GH3 lineup SUCKS compared to that. Who? Sabbath? Blue Oyster Cult? Bon Jovi? Nirvana? Metallica? Foo Fighters? There's barely anything in the current GH3 lineup fit to lick the boots of some of those songs. And I guess they've been signed as 'exclusive' to Rock Band now. No Metallica songs at all? Crap :shakehead

I'm a sad panda :(