NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Wii Region Free Modchip

Specifications:

Fully upgradable via DVD/disc (future proof, expect cool features to come)

Direct boot of Wii backups (like originals)

Direct boot of GC backups (like originals)

Boots different region GC games/backups

Boots different NTSC region Wii games/backupsp

Supports multi-disc games

Supports DVD-R and DVD+R

Built-in audio fix (for games using streaming, no patch required)

Stealth mode

4 wires & quick solder interface

Compact design, best quality components, rock solid high speed controller

Professional ESD packing

More features are being worked on, and will either be included in the upcoming release or in a future upgrade that will follow the release shortly.

We will upload a picture and more features within the next few days!

Expected shipping date: February 7th, 2007

http://www.wiikey.cn/

As it is clearly stated on that list, this chip only boots seperate NTSC region games. Japanese Wii can boot US games and vice versa. It doesn't allow you to boot NTSC games with PAL Wii or vice versa.

Im going to wait at least a year befor i do anything with my wii.wait to see if i can do a soft mod.

Im going to wait at least a year befor i do anything with my wii.wait to see if i can do a soft mod.

best to wait a year as the warranty will be up anyway. I think it would be wise not to do any of the wii's auto updates. The problem is that you miss online features like the news chanel.

Has anyone got one of these yet? They have updated the functionality list a LOT. They seem to be working on it but not fast enough for the customers. Does this go in the SD card slot?

Has anyone got one of these yet? They have updated the functionality list a LOT. They seem to be working on it but not fast enough for the customers. Does this go in the SD card slot?

DONT get a wikey get a cyclowiz or something instead as they actually supply updates..

As it is clearly stated on that list, this chip only boots seperate NTSC region games. Japanese Wii can boot US games and vice versa. It doesn't allow you to boot NTSC games with PAL Wii or vice versa.
Exactly. New imported games can ruin ('brick') your Wii if you're not careful. They try to install the firmware from a different region on your Wii, it overwrites the good program, and the Wii is rendered useless.

I have a friend who has modded his pal wii although he uses it for backups so he is wrong. I know that when he tries to play US region games it asks for firmware upgrade and as he is scared he doesnt say yes.

i only want original games on my wii so i would only be interested in this if they had only the region fixed like i had with the cube! it still only played only the original games and no ILLEGAL copy's that i o so mush hate! copying games is wrong and even if its for your own! you should be careful with the games you buy and pick your games more carefully.

I hate game pirates!

Just import a USA Wii from VGP. It's safer and legal.

I have a friend who has modded his pal wii although he uses it for backups so he is wrong. I know that when he tries to play US region games it asks for firmware upgrade and as he is scared he doesnt say yes.

If he's fully updated through the internet first he'll be fine because the foreign games wont attempt the update.

thanks for that. I have sent him some links backing this up.

Might have to get my bro's Japanese Wii modded so we can play US RPG's.

If he's fully updated through the internet first he'll be fine because the foreign games wont attempt the update.
From what I've read Mario Party 8 attempts an install that's not available in Europe yet and still bricks the Wii. That's only MP8 though.

I'm on the brink of getting my Wii modded now. I'll probably have to stop playing console games otherwise, and I'm rather bad than Wiiless :hmm:

Ooooh region free sounds good, but I'll wait until it's been fully raod tested on someone else's console!

Ooooh region free sounds good, but I'll wait until it's been fully raod tested on someone else's console!

It works fine, but get a cyclowiz or wait for datels modchip out in like 2 days.

My Wiikey plays certain NTSC games, Super Paper Mario and Resi 4 have no problem running same with SNES NES and Mega Drive roms.

Tho the lack of updates is certainly off putting!

________

MARIJUANA MEDICAL

Edited by fex

It works fine, but get a cyclowiz or wait for datels modchip out in like 2 days.

Datel doesn't have one coming out...

It a shame that Datel's covers up both USB slots, that could possible cause problems in the future, for example if somebody uses a USB>Ethernet it means no online play for them

________

Lovely Wendie

Edited by fex

Sign in to follow this