NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Niggling annoyances

Niggling annoyances, eh?

I guess for one... when stuff works, but not properly. A good example of this would be a DVD player that turns on okay, but does not read discs. Therefore it works, sure, but it doesn't work properly. An awful lot of stuff at my grocery store job is guilty of this annoyance.

Another niggle is when people borrow my stuff and I get it back in horrible/damaged condition. The ones who totally blame a faceless third party, or make NO mention of what happened are by far the worst.

This thread is excellent. Someone should sticky it, we all get new minor niggles to add to the collection on a daily basis.

Oh, oh. One more. When stuff doesn't arrive in the post when it's meant to.

THERE ARE SO MANY.

I'm trying to think of more here. I think liars online piss me off a lot too. Of all places to tell a lie, why the Internet? The ones who are even more annoying are the ones who take things a step further and freaking lie about diseases, abuse and general taboo items that really ought not to be used as ammunition in a virtual popularity war.

Anime faces have generally started annoying me too lately. Once an avid user, it's a niggling annoyance and desire for the user to die when a male posts the ;_; face. Jesus. Typing that myself makes whatever little shred of manliness I ever rarely exhibit burst into pink flames.

What else? An awful lot of stuff annoys me.

Random IMs on MSN from IRL friends are very annoying, especially since the post that initiates the conversation has no purpose at all. I'll receive an emoticon, weird word or some kind of jibberish I can only describe as leet's retarded little chav brother.

Overly emotional/irritable girls annoy the hell out of me.

Here's a good one. Little kids on Halo 2 are capable of elicting anger in me that is very rarely elicted. An eliction so great that several witches would probably have to gather around a boiling pot of evil and chant for hours to merely rouse the kind of angry eliction I speak of. Anyone who has played with us, or hey... anyone who has EVER played an online game with a kid will know just how irritating some of these offenders are. Burn them.

Sonic fan characters annoy me to no end, and people who piss on the toilet seat are also unbearable. Hm, more quick niggles... Anime fans who shit on the series that got them into the genre once they move onto perhaps arguably "better" shows. Classic examples of said shitting are DragonBall Z and Pokémon.

Anime fans who shit on American cartoons need to sit down too. Wow, this has gone from minor niggles to full-blown annoyances.

This thread is excellent. Someone should sticky it, we all get new minor niggles to add to the collection on a daily basis.

Before the Excellent/Non-Excellent threads were killed they could have gone in the Non-Excellent one.

Not that I hold grudges or anything!

(To be honest I can't even remember the name of the rip-off merchant that managed to destroy them).

Before the Excellent/Non-Excellent threads were killed they could have gone in the Non-Excellent one.

Not that I hold grudges or anything!

(To be honest I can't even remember the name of the rip-off merchant that managed to destroy them).

I think his name was Iceman. Or as those in his circle know him... Colin. Just so we're clear on the Non-Excellent thread, I was thinking of how great it would be to be writing in that instead the whole time I was creating the above.

I don't like understand people who say that Linux is hard to use. I don't know what distro have they used (if any) but my Debian couldn't be more easier to use. One says that you always have to use the command line. I don't get it... I only use the command line if I want to install something (which ISN'T difficult if you ask me) or manage some files (it could be done without the command line but it's much quicker if you just type in the commands :E).

One of my friend's father says that you have to do a lot before you can actually use Linux and then he claims that after he installs Windows XP it's ready to use and you don't have to install anything and he isn't interrupted by any Windows updates. Bullshit if you ask me. I wouldn't surf on the net even for a second if there is no proper firewall, a virus scanner, an anti-spyware program and the most important thing: a proper browser! And I'd also like to have Winamp, Azureus, MSN messenger, mIRC and some other pretty useful things. If I have just installed a Debian I usually install: Firefox, XMMS (kinda like Winamp), MPlayer (I could use totem but I think MPlayer is a bit better), aMSN, Azureus, irssi and maybe some other things.

Let's see...

Windows: 8 things to install

Debian: 6 things to install

Oh no... The guy said that you don't have to install anything but in fact I'd have to install even more things than I install on Debian :shock:

I guess that's it. Feel free to argue :smile:

Mothers who make zero effort to shut their screaming child up just because they are used to it.

A problem page letter in the newspaper the other day from a mother who basically said "My son is a jobless loser will no ambition. He's 20 years old and is still living in my house preventing me from doing the things i want to do."

She just struck me as a really vile mother. So she's not proud of her own son unless he has a good job? She felt like she'd done her bit and just wanted him out of the way.

Customers who come into the shop i work in and say "What are you saying today then?" and things like that. Honestly, i have no idea how i'm supposed to answer that. I always just try to smile and say "Oh, i'm fine". And they look at you like you're the most boring person on the planet.

People who say "cheer up, it might never happen". So i'm supposed to walk around with a big stupid smile on just to please you? It's even more annoying if people say it when you're in a good mood. Just because you're not smiling doesn't mean you're not happy.

He was called Marshmellow_7.

I REMEMBER EVERYTHING

People who say "cheer up, it might never happen". So i'm supposed to walk around with a big stupid smile on just to please you? It's even more annoying if people say it when you're in a good mood. Just because you're not smiling doesn't mean you're not happy.

That happens to me all the time, like come on no-one is ever happy 24/7! if i wanna be miserable i will be dammit :heh:

People who go out with complete assholes, get cheated on and then complain. How about opening your eyes and seeing what the person is truly like, or *shock*... get to know that person. This mainly applies to those god damn whining 16-18yr olds.

WOW!!! Yeah....that's a BIG annoyance for me too!! It's usually girls going out with dickhead guys too. But the most annoying thing about it is that they go and do it AGAIN and AGAIN!!!

They're always like "He's so great" etc etc.....and you're like: "Isn't that what you said about the last one?"

Mothers who make zero effort to shut their screaming child up just because they are used to it.

A problem page letter in the newspaper the other day from a mother who basically said "My son is a jobless loser will no ambition. He's 20 years old and is still living in my house preventing me from doing the things i want to do."

She just struck me as a really vile mother. So she's not proud of her own son unless he has a good job? She felt like she'd done her bit and just wanted him out of the way.

I also hate bad parents, especially when they then go and blame things on TV or VIDEOGAMES!! Excuse me!?...Aren't you the one supposed to be controlling what he watches/plays?!

When my mum walks in my room, tells me to turn my music down, then leaves the door open when she leaves. If she closed the door she wouldnt hear it anyway. I mean, could she hear it before she came in? No.

Am I the only one who sees a little problem with that? ;)

That's just being picky :p - it's one thing to leave the apostrophe out of a little 'word' like "c'mon" posted lazily in a thread - but to have a misplaced one in a name that floats above your head on an MMORPG for everyone to see is just annoying to me!

One gripe I have is when playing football and people try to employ offsides without any linesman. I mean the other team is clearly going to moan that everything is offside, should just leave it.

Heres another:

when your slaving your guts out in a job and your boss comes over and does nothin but critisize, when your working yourself to a flipping mental breakdown with no praise!

and when you work in a shop and have to take breaks and lunches on your own :(

</rant>

I have to agree with The3rdChildren's pet peeve about things which don't completely work. So many times I find myself living with a minor hassle because, in the short run, it's not worth the hassle to get it sorted out.

Thing is, this totally stretches to cover my own health. If there's an issue I should see a doctor about I pretty much always just wait and see if it goes away.

kids who hate brussel sprouts, or any other vegetable, no wonder every kid is bloody obese. the only reasons why the sprouts taste bad is coz their parents cant cook, they steam the bloody thing till it turns transparent. blame parents for everything negative. if your 3 year old kid decides to take a piss in the trolley bay, whilst the parents are watching...and the person pissing is a 3 year old girl...blame the parents

Heres another:

and when you work in a shop and have to take breaks and lunches on your own :(

</rant>

I actually prefer taking breaks alone cos i'm so anti-social! Also, you don't have to be self-conscious about people being around when you eat. Sometimes when it's quiet and everyone is reading or something you feel like the whole world can hear you eating crisps.

The fact that the main page of this site takes the piss loading, and you can't even click the forum link as it isn't clickable at that point.

I'm considering taking a printout of an Elfen Lied screenshot in my pocket at all times for such occasions.

Yeah you'll be the coolest in your class.

People who use caps lock too much (especially on MSN)

Supernanny

Having to pay an extra 12p for butter on my jacket potato at lunch time

Local radio stations having such repetative playlists

Local radio stations having such repetative playlists

Indeed, my local station plays the same songs like every half an hour. Plus they belive their "thats give away £80 in a competion" is ground breaking.

People who talk about you after you pass them in the hallway or a bit before you pass them.

Yup, at 6th form when i'm walking through the high school I often get 'mosher!' from the younger little scallies. Bah to them.