NEurope
Tellyn

Family Guy: Good or Bad?

Great, anyone who disagrees has their ability to have an opinion taken from them.

100% agree.

I nearly always prefer character driven shows (Robot Chicken being the only exception), and considering Family Guy is really nothing more than a weak plot covered by a series of unfunny flashbacks, no. I don't like it.

I think South Park got it spot on with their parody of the show :p

American Dad is better, but they are both awesome. As people have said, the flashbacks in Family Guy are 9 times out of 10 rubbish or about someone American we dont know, or care about.

American Dad is better, but they are both awesome. As people have said, the flashbacks in Family Guy are 9 times out of 10 rubbish or about someone American we dont know, or care about.

I love the flashbacks - best part of the show!

I see a lot of people prefer American Dad over Family Guy.. I say thats crap. I think I only laughed 1 time through the 20-something episodes I've watched. Family Guy on the other hand starts out funny from season 1 and keeps getting funnier and funnier each season. I think I can safely say its my favourite American cartoon show.

I see a lot of people prefer American Dad over Family Guy.. I say thats crap. I think I only laughed 1 time through the 20-something episodes I've watched. Family Guy on the other hand starts out funny from season 1 and keeps getting funnier and funnier each season. I think I can safely say its my favourite American cartoon show.

I will agree that Seasons 1-3 get funnier, but the last few UK DVD box sets havnt been quite as good. Still awesome though.

I love both but American Dad, I feel, is slightly more rampant! I love the crazy look Stan always has!

Brilliant.

It's the best "comedy American cartoon" in my opinion, if that's even a genre.

I used to agree, but I think Family Guy & South Park are equal now (South Park gets better & better), they just have very different comedy.

Some of the FG jokes are much better than others, but there are amazingly hilarious moments. And many of the jokes in it are even 'Internet fad' based.

I've watched a bit of American Dad, but the only good characters are the Alien & Fish; and the whole thing just sucks overall.

I also love American Dad for its political jokes and Stan is really THE man. I have never been a fan of South Park as its just to crude for the sake of it.

South Park isn't like that at all....You're obviously REALLY stupid if you can't see the politicalness of South Park, and they're not just American based ones either:indeed:

well im a huge Simpsons and Futurama fan and out of more seasons to buy I picked up the first season of family guy.. I was a bit dissapointed.. but I must admit it grows on you and has it's moments.. but comes no where near groening.. but maybee ill pick up a season more if I find it cheap enough

Yawn....Simpsons got boring after the 2000/2001, and all the hyped episodes end up being shit. The only 'American Comedy Cartoon' that doesn't beat the Simpsons is King of the Hill (though I havent seen many of the newer episodes of that & when I stopped watching the episodes were greatly improving)

Family Guy has gotten old and boring.

American Dad has a far more interesting cast in my opinion. Its politically funny with the CIA sometimes and the jokes are you know, actually contextual. If you haven't seen season 2 of American Dad you really can't judge, the quality is eons ahead of what Family Guy is currently pumping out.

I have to admit, the second series of American Dad is awesome. However, I think the two shows are going for a slightly different style- American Dad is very "with it" and political, whereas Family Guy is just utterly mental.

And I've always been a fan of surreality.

I just saw 'the road to Rhode Island' twas funny.

As for american dad, its funny, but i cant stand the goldfish, everything he says falls flat and stops laughter. it is not a funny character when it tries so much. Just go away! but then i guess Chris, the big son off of family guy is annoying too.

I don't find Stewie very funny anymore. He use to be really funny when he kept trying to kill Louis, now he's just really...gay...

I don't find Stewie very funny anymore. He use to be really funny when he kept trying to kill Louis, now he's just really...gay...

Yeah his best moments are during the first few episodes. He's not really an integral part of the story later on anymore - sadly.

Too fit in, I'm just going to nod and say I love it. And it is alright. But, let's face it, its not the next Simpsons is it? As for me going away, I am aware that I annoy everyone- but hey, if that is what I want to be known as- 'the great hasseler'- then who is going to stop me?

let's face it, its not the next Simpsons is it?

Hell no. Family Guy is great. The Simpsons is a large overrated pile of T-Rex manure.

Just watched "Road to Rupert" ace episode.

Whats wrong with a bisexual baby?

Haha loved that episode. Still, the simpsons maybe overrated but some episodes are still funny. OK, it isn't funny at all, but have mercy.

Whats wrong with a bisexual baby?

I just prefered it when he kept trying to kill Louise and take over the world!

Too fit in, I'm just going to nod and say I love it. And it is alright. But, let's face it, its not the next Simpsons is it? As for me going away, I am aware that I annoy everyone- but hey, if that is what I want to be known as- 'the great hasseler'- then who is going to stop me?

A ban, perhaps... :heh:

Anyway if I now watch the Simpsons after watching Family Guy, I find it cringeworthy.

Too fit in, I'm just going to nod and say I love it. And it is alright. But, let's face it, its not the next Simpsons is it?

Family guy is far funnier than the simpsons. I don't know what has happened to the simpsons though, it used to be awesome, but the new episodes suck so bad.

I find myself launghing so hard at family guy, whereas in the simpsons it would be a "heh" every now and then.

Haha, even the staunch non-supporters are slowly cracking. In my opinion, Family Guy is nearly as good as Azumanga. I await your responding attack. :heh:

Family Guy does what it intends to. It provides a laugh. I think the writing quality is high enough in the humour department that it could provide some decent emotional payoff too, but that just isn't what it's about.

South Park made some great observations about Family Guy, but Matt and Trey genuinely hate the show. The thing is, no matter how much you dislike it... some of the stuff is so offbeat and hilarious you can't help but crack up.

They had a Back to the Future gag about Doc warning Marty and Jennifer their future daughter married a black man. When they explain they're okay with it, Doc just pulls out this "Did you know peanut butter was invented by a black man?" line that never fails to crack me up.

I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, but I'll still pick up the DVDs as they come out.